We need a few moves to be a truly dominant D!

LovinItAll

Reaction score
We did not have a dominant Defense, but with a few more pieces we can have one!!!
Find a way to get a dominant DT, a solid DT and a stud MLBer( player that anticipates the play, does not react to the play) and this D WILL be dominant!!!!

With these moves we can still upgrade at the positions you mentioned. I think we are good at TE, and a RB can be found in the middle of the draft or later. We should be able to get a G in 1st-3rd rounds.
We were 5th in points allowed per game last year at 20.1. The 49’ers were #1 with 16.3. That’s pretty strong.

I’m all for improving at any position on either side of the ball, but if we’re allowing 20 per game, we’re going to win a bunch of games, which is exactly what we’ve done the past two years. Our defense wasn’t why we lost 5 games last year and stalled in the playoffs. If we have identical defensive production and improve on offense, we’re a 13-14 win team. It’s absurd that we’re scored 3 points in the opener and 12 points to end our season.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Its comical that Dallas Cowboys fans forget the 20 year winning run was because we drafted with the first pick in Cowboys History a DT continued with drafting with the 4th overall pick in the 1975 Dirty Dozen draft a DT, and Jimmy Johnson started his top rank defense and Super Bowl Dynasty with the no.1 pick overall in 1991 draft with a DT. The lean years in Cowboys history were the years without Lilly, White, and Maryland.

Why the he11 Jerry Dumbo GM Jones has not figured this out in +27 years is pathetic and comical when fans don't see it either. Football begins with trench warfare.
You are correct!

A dominant defensive line is almost always what makes a defense dominant!

So many fans don’t understand how much easier a dominant defense makes it for the offense. The offense is not pressured to score. If the offense goes for it on 4th down the dominant D can hold up consistently!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guess, I can lay off the exclamation points, when making my points, but I have seen how good this defense has been without being dominant vs the run. If this front office makes a few smart moves to strengthen our run D, this defense has the potential to be truly dominant( 14-15 or less points per game ).

There has been, no defense in NFL history, that was consistently dominant, that was mediocre against the run. Last year we were mediocre( inconsistent ) vs the run.
how well did cmac and the 9ers run the last game,? they were one fo the only teams to slow down hurts and the eagles RPO. Ill concede, while not dominant against the run but they were in so many other areas and proficient enough against the run, it wasn't an issue MOST of the season outside of a small stretch.. i mean LVE and some injures along the front and at LB caused soem of it..

blueblood70

Reaction score
We were 5th in points allowed per game last year at 20.1. The 49’ers were #1 with 16.3. That’s pretty strong.

I’m all for improving at any position on either side of the ball, but if we’re allowing 20 per game, we’re going to win a bunch of games, which is exactly what we’ve done the past two years. Our defense wasn’t why we lost 5 games last year and stalled in the playoffs. If we have identical defensive production and improve on offense, we’re a 13-14 win team. It’s absurd that we’re scored 3 points in the opener and 12 points to end our season.
thery did blow those leads in gb and Jags sorry wont debate it..

so it was stretch where dak and company was carrying them ie bears game lets not sweep that and other games where they gave up 200 yards rushing and whne berwona nd;lewis went out became easy to score or get chunk yards agint.its team game at times one pshse picked the toehr up.yes durig th strech without DAk they payed their best ball as did the OL and run game plus sts then game slater after dak got back areas faltered in many games

plaese dont be that guy that wil hide facts to support their narrtive,