We Need Both Our First Round Picks!

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I know people love DMac but we don't need him and we can't afford to give that much up for one player. Now and I think we can all agree on this RB/WR with one of our first round picks, hopefully Felix Jones perfect change of pace back to go with MBIII.

Then simple best CB left on the board maybe we use our first pick on a CB but we need on in the worst way possible!!

On the game yesterday was Newman even thrown at? That either says something about the rest of our secondary or says something about how good Newman really is.

:star:

elcocinero

Reaction score
I dont even think we need a running back in the 1st round. The RB class is so deep, we can get someone solid in the second round, maybe 3rd.

I say CB and WR in the first round, or trade one of the 1st rounders to detroit for the Real Roy Williams

utrunner07

Reaction score
elcocinero;1903109 said:
or trade one of the 1st rounders to detroit for the Real Roy Williams

NO! you build a team through the draft! Never trade a first round draft pick unless it is for more first round picks or for future first round picks!!!! NEVER!

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
Runningback is the deepest position in the draft. I agree about CB/WR in round one and then a RB at pick #60,

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
This is Our Year;1903079 said:
On the game yesterday was Newman even thrown at? That either says something about the rest of our secondary or says something about how good Newman really is.

Newman was not thrown at because (1) he is a pro-bwl corner, and (2) two of the other three guys in the secondary - Williams and Reeves - are that bad, and becaue they are that bad, Hanlin, another pro-bowler, can be easily nullified.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
The key is to find a couple of players who are starting by the end of the year. I really don't care what the position is even though WR, CB, and RB should be the priority. Bottom line is that this team can benefit from an upgrade at any postion except maybe QB and outside LB.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Jaxonsdaddd;1903119 said:
Runningback is the deepest position in the draft. I agree about CB/WR in round one and then a RB at pick #60,

Thank you! We can get Slaton at that pick!!!

btcutter

Reaction score
utrunner07;1903118 said:
NO! you build a team through the draft! Never trade a first round draft pick unless it is for more first round picks or for future first round picks!!!! NEVER!

It's true that you built your team via draft. However, do not overvalue your draft picks. History tell us that 1st rounders more often than not are busts. If Detroit will take our 1st pick for Roy William, I'll do it. At pick 28-30, you'll be hard press to find a NFL PROVEN WR.

Remember NE gave up a 2nd and 7th for Welker.

elcocinero

Reaction score
utrunner07;1903118 said:

I disagree with this sentiment when it comes to a 26 year old top tier receiver like Roy Williams. Nobody at the bottom of the first round will give us his skill set.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
1A - Leodis Mckelvin
1B - Early Doucet/Adarius Bowman
2 - Tashard Choice
3 - ?????
4 - Profit!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
elcocinero;1903109 said:
I dont even think we need a running back in the 1st round. The RB class is so deep, we can get someone solid in the second round, maybe 3rd.

I say CB and WR in the first round, or trade one of the 1st rounders to detroit for the Real Roy Williams
Detroit is not looking for draft picks. They are looking for defensive help.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1903158 said:
1A - Antoine Cason/Leodis Mckelvin/Mike Jenkins
1B - Early Doucet/Adarius Bowman
2 - Tashard Choice
3 - ?????
4 - Profit!
Owen Schmitt

BlueStar II

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1903122 said:
Newman was not thrown at because (1) he is a pro-bwl corner, and (2) two of the other three guys in the secondary - Williams and Reeves - are that bad, and becaue they are that bad, Hanlin, another pro-bowler, can be easily nullified.

:star: I feel the same way, they didn't throw at Newman 'cause he's that good, but more importantly, Williams and Reeves are targets that opposing QBs smile when they see those two in coverage.

elcocinero

Reaction score
Hostile;1903169 said:
Detroit is not looking for draft picks. They are looking for defensive help.

How about a first rounder and Roy Williams (SS) and Jacques Reeves, for Roy Williams (WR).

:laugh2:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
elcocinero;1903109 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to swapping Roy W for Roy W...

we need to keep every draft pick.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1903171 said:
Owen Schmitt
Works for me. But I'd rather cut Anderson, than Hoyte. Hoyte was a beast in the first half and probably the single biggest reason (other than Barber himself) that Barber had 100+ yards.