We need extra picks ( trade 2025 2nd for 2024 3rd)

EJK24

Reaction score
I see what you are saying but that's crazy. How can they blame players and coaches for a disappointing season after doing little or nothing to improve the overall roster?
Unfortunately when you answer to no one, you can do things like that. I don't agree with how they are doing things so far and hope something changes but it's just what I see

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
I like the idea so we can grab OL,RB,DT,LB. Really need help there so 4 quality picks would be huge.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brother, Jerry needs to swallow his pride, admit he messed up, trade down and make a trade to get some extra draft picks to try to fix so many holes left on this team. If not, it's going to be a long season.
Being we've extended our current starting QB for another 5 years at 300 million $ trading Lance for picks would be the prudent thing here.
7653061213baca3c12fe48de53ecc9df.gif

FVSTONE

Reaction score
As you can see below, several teams have extra 3rd round picks ( Cards have three ). We have a bunch of holes to fill and not enough capital. Would you trade our 2025 2nd round pick for one of the Card's top 2024 3rd rounder ( 66 or 71 ). We don't have a 4th rounder and this would certainly give us a chance to draft another starter. We would have 4 picks in the top 100. I know giving the next 2nd rounder is pretty serious but look at like filling a starting position a year early.

I guess the bottom line is we are putting the 2025 2nd pick up for sale in exchange for a high 2024 3rd-round pick. We need capital and we need it now.......

Round 3​

65) Carolina Panthers
66) Arizona Cardinals
67) Washington Commanders
68) New England Patriots
69) Los Angeles Chargers
70) New York Giants
71) Arizona Cardinals (from Tennessee)
72) New York Jets
73) Detroit Lions (from Minnesota)
74) Atlanta Falcons
75) Chicago Bears
76) Denver Broncos
77) Las Vegas Raiders
78) Washington Commanders (from Seattle)
79) Atlanta Falcons (from Jacksonville)
80) Cincinnati Bengals
81) Seattle Seahawks (from New Orleans through Denver)
82) Indianapolis Colts
83) Los Angeles Rams
84) Pittsburgh Steelers
85) Cleveland Browns
86) Houston Texans (from Philadelphia)
87) Dallas Cowboys
88) Green Bay Packers
89) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
90) Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)
91) Green Bay Packers (from Buffalo)
92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Detroit)
93) Baltimore Ravens
94) San Francisco 49ers
95) Kansas City Chiefs
96) Jacksonville Jaguars (Compensatory Selection)
97) Cincinnati Bengals (Compensatory Selection)
98) Pittsburgh Steelers (from Philadelphia; Compensatory Selection)
99) Los Angeles Rams (Special Compensatory Selection)
100) Washington Commanders (from San Francisco; Special Compensatory Selection)

If we had better players maybe we could get better Compensatory Selections when our players leave the Cowboys............LOL!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Being we've extended our current starting QB for another 5 years at 300 million $ trading Lance for picks would be the prudent thing here.
7653061213baca3c12fe48de53ecc9df.gif
You won't show your face and own it if Lance is ever given the reigns and totally sucks.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Nahhh..... this is the NFL version of those "early pay day" stores, that take advantage of poor people, by giving them 80 bucks on Tuesday, in exchange for their $100 paycheck on Friday.

I'd rather they trade their 2nd this year for a 1st next year (teams sometimes will take that offer), than sell a 2nd for a 3rd.

Gotta be "fiscally" responsible with draft capital

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Nahhh..... this is the NFL version of those "early pay day" stores, that take advantage of poor people, by giving them 80 bucks on Tuesday, in exchange for their $100 paycheck on Friday.

I'd rather they trade their 2nd this year for a 1st next year (teams sometimes will take that offer), than sell a 2nd for a 3rd.

Gotta be "fiscally" responsible with draft capital
Imagine making that trade every year. Dallas could theoretically have two first round picks and no second round picks in every draft. The only real pain would be felt in the first year of that strategy.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Imagine making that trade every year. Dallas could theoretically have two first round picks and no second round picks in every draft. The only real pain would be felt in the first year of that strategy.
I think it would have to be a special draft (i.e. a QB some team wants would need to be sitting there).

Could happen this year if say Bo Nix or Pennix slid to our spot, some team might make that offer.

I only see some team do it every 3 or 4 years though...but this could be one of those years where it makes sense for both sides. Of course, if we aren't resigning Dak, maybe WE should take the QB there ourselves if he's sitting there!

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I think it would have to be a special draft (i.e. a QB some team wants would need to be sitting there).

Could happen this year if say Bo Nix or Pennix slid to our spot, some team might make that offer.

I only see some team do it every 3 or 4 years though...but this could be one of those years where it makes sense for both sides. Of course, if we aren't resigning Dak, maybe WE should take the QB there ourselves if he's sitting there!
A team might not be able to trade a current #2 for a future #1 every draft. It would depend on where the team is drafting, and finding a willing trade partner among other factors.

There is always the "time value" of draft picks though, meaning a current pick can be traded for a higher value pick in the future. It might only result in simply moving up in a round, or it could be trading a 3rd rounder for a future 2nd. The player sitting on the board is a factor too.

In general, this is something Dallas does not do often enough. It also does not trade away high value, high dollar players often enough either. Some teams always seem to have more draft capital than others.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You won't show your face and own it if Lance is ever given the reigns and totally sucks.
I have to give this young buck a chance and see what he has.
Hey if Rush can go 5-1 who knows maybe this kid might have what it takes.
One thing I know for certain is our players will give 110% for Trey something they no longer give to Prestrash as they have wasted many efforts to no avail as he lays eggs all over the field.
I have never stated Lance is the answer but he might be?
Now I know you're scared and worried esp since that extension is sailing away and lame duck Prestrash will fold under the immense pressure he will be under with lesser talent.
GL bud got a feeling the future here for you isn't going to be a pleasant one for you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have to give this young buck a chance and see what he has.
Hey if Rush can go 5-1 who knows maybe this kid might have what it takes.
One thing I know for certain is our players will give 110% for Trey something they no longer give to Prestrash as they have wasted many efforts to no avail as he lays eggs all over the field.
I have never stated Lance is the answer but he might be?
Now I know you're scared and worried esp since that extension is sailing away and lame duck Prestrash will fold under the immense pressure he will be under with lesser talent.
GL bud got a feeling the future here for you isn't going to be a pleasant one for you.
Totally dishonest as always. You know very well our defense carried the team to 4 out of the 5 wins attributed to Cooper Rush. But, hey, I hope Jerry does it your way so I can laugh in your face when it all goes to ish.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No reason to trade up. If trading then only trade back.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As you can see below, several teams have extra 3rd round picks ( Cards have three ). We have a bunch of holes to fill and not enough capital. Would you trade our 2025 2nd round pick for one of the Card's top 2024 3rd rounder ( 66 or 71 ). We don't have a 4th rounder and this would certainly give us a chance to draft another starter. We would have 4 picks in the top 100. I know giving the next 2nd rounder is pretty serious but look at like filling a starting position a year early.

I guess the bottom line is we are putting the 2025 2nd pick up for sale in exchange for a high 2024 3rd-round pick. We need capital and we need it now.......

Round 3​

65) Carolina Panthers
66) Arizona Cardinals
67) Washington Commanders
68) New England Patriots
69) Los Angeles Chargers
70) New York Giants
71) Arizona Cardinals (from Tennessee)
72) New York Jets
73) Detroit Lions (from Minnesota)
74) Atlanta Falcons
75) Chicago Bears
76) Denver Broncos
77) Las Vegas Raiders
78) Washington Commanders (from Seattle)
79) Atlanta Falcons (from Jacksonville)
80) Cincinnati Bengals
81) Seattle Seahawks (from New Orleans through Denver)
82) Indianapolis Colts
83) Los Angeles Rams
84) Pittsburgh Steelers
85) Cleveland Browns
86) Houston Texans (from Philadelphia)
87) Dallas Cowboys
88) Green Bay Packers
89) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
90) Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)
91) Green Bay Packers (from Buffalo)
92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Detroit)
93) Baltimore Ravens
94) San Francisco 49ers
95) Kansas City Chiefs
96) Jacksonville Jaguars (Compensatory Selection)
97) Cincinnati Bengals (Compensatory Selection)
98) Pittsburgh Steelers (from Philadelphia; Compensatory Selection)
99) Los Angeles Rams (Special Compensatory Selection)
100) Washington Commanders (from San Francisco; Special Compensatory Selection)

are we going for another special teams draft? didn't we just have one last year? why go special teams draft two years in a row?

what you suggest is exactly what we did in 2009. how did that work out for you?

Havic

Reaction score
I don't like it and would much rather trade down in the 1st to pick up an extra 3rd.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
'AC' just what makes you think the Vikings covet Lance in the first place - much less would give up their 4th round draft selection for him?
Vikings need a young talented QB, plus they have 2 picks in the 4th round. It's a win-win for them to sacrifice 1 of their 4th rounders on Trey Lance.