We need to rest Ezekiel Elliott, entire OL, Dak, and Dez

erod

Reaction score
I want Romo to light it up, that's a number 1 pick for us. Unfortunately, Garrett's making the call and he's going to stick with Dak for the rest of the year so I guess your dreams have become a nightmare.
Then I suggest he start producing touchdowns and not lay a playoff egg.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Brilliant against Green Bay in 2014.
One good playoff game in about 10 years. It was about time. I agree he played well in the 2014 playoffs but he was average or below average in the other games. Hasn't played in 2 years. Don't know what kind of QB you're going to get back. But yea can't let Dak flop in the playoffs. It will remind us of Tony.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I'm not talking about in the playoffs...I'm talking the last two games of the season. At this point there is far less to gain than there is to lose, in this situation, by putting Tony in. If Tony plays even mediocre, then there will be another controversy (manufactured or otherwise). If he plays like garbage, which is just a likely, then any trade value he may have had is then gone. At this point in Tony's career, I doubt he needs many reps to come in and be serviceable, should Dak go down with an injury.

At the end of day, though, I'm not resting Dak at all. He needs all the reps he can get.
If thus team is real nothing said outside of the locker room should matter...Tony should get reps if at all possible imo. Why not? See what he can do if he had to go in on short notice.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Then I suggest he start producing touchdowns and not lay a playoff egg.
You can suggest anything you want, Dak is the starter, and Romo will be traded or cut in the off season.

erod

Reaction score
One good playoff game in about 10 years. It was about time. I agree he played well in the 2014 playoffs but he was average or below average in the other games. Hasn't played in 2 years. Don't know what kind of QB you're going to get back. But yea can't let Dak flop in the playoffs. It will remind us of Tony.
So you missed the Philly game? He played well against the Giants, too, before Crayon screwed the pooch.

Other years, the Cowboys had 4-12 rosters.

erod

Reaction score
You can suggest anything you want, Dak is the starter, and Romo will be traded or cut in the off season.
We'll see. He'd better play well against Green Bay. (Most likely.)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We'll see. He'd better play well against Green Bay. (Most likely.)
Doesn't matter if he totally collapses, he's the starter, and Romo will be traded or cut in the off season.

erod

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if he totally collapses, he's the starter, and Romo will be traded or cut in the off season.
This franchise has been known for colossal stupidity in recent years for sure.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So you missed the Philly game? He played well against the Giants, too, before Crayon screwed the pooch.

Other years, the Cowboys had 4-12 rosters.
No he did not not play great in the Giants game. He played average. Could have still won but he wasn't great in that game. I'll give you the Philly game but that was followed by the Minnesota game. But I do enjoy how he's responsible for us being competitive but not responsible for any of the losses. Of Course Dak is responsible for everything. If a penalty occurs that derails an offensive drive, that's on Dak. If he throws an interception because Dez slips, that's on Dak. If the OL can't pass block, that's on Dak. If we win 11 games in a roll it's because of the Ol and Zeke.

Gaede

Reaction score
Fear of injury is cowardly. rest your starters in a blowout and that's it

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would play Dez on every snap including defense and special teams. See if they can get him focused.

It would suck for Elliott to not have a chance to break the record. That type of thing builds momentum.

Play Romo.

Play Romo?
Why?
To finally prove how fragile he is or for his ego?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So in week 17 against a ravenous eagles pass rush who would love nothing more than to kill our sb hopes by knocking out Dak you wanna keep him in the entire game? Nah. Romo needs to see real action game speed, he should get the whole 2nd half. And if you're afraid of Romo looking good and causing controversy or probably shows who should have been the qb anyway.

You worry about the Egirls defense hurting Dak but would expose Romo to that pass rush??????
Blimey!
Who spiked the eggnog!!!!!
And why do you hate Romo????