We need to stop overrating the offensive talent here

GMO415

Reaction score
Bullet, you bring in an offensive mastermind like Sean Payton and if we can destroy this entitled culture...... CHAMPIONSHIP

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My pet peeve is announcers constantly fawning over Zeke’s strength and power. “Zeke lays the wood”, and “NO ONE wants to tackle Ezekiel Elliott!” Meanwhile, I watch the “see-it-coming-for-miles” delayed handoff for the standard ‘+2 to -2’ yards.

Three parts…
1)The OL is faulty
2)The playcalling is predictable
3)Zeke is in decline

so fix the line, replace zeke, and tweak the playbook!
The “No one wants to tackle Zeke” is funny to me. Because nowadays, it only takes one guy to tackle him.
Bullet, you bring in an offensive mastermind like Sean Payton and if we can destroy this entitled culture...... CHAMPIONSHIP
I wish the idea that all we need is a great coach were true. We’ve already had 6 different HCs, 7 different OCs and 8 different DCs in the last 26 seasons. When your front office doesn’t have a clue how to do things the right way, it doesn’t matter if you resurrected Vince Lombardi from the grave and hired him as the HC of the Cowboys. It would just be another new coat of paint on the Titanic.

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
it’s the going rate for elite wr’s. Not to mention I don’t think cooper is really the problem. The problem is how he’s used, the role that have him in and this “everybody eats offense”. You need to get playmakers the ball. Force feed them. Whatever it takes. Now coop has to be better also but he’s still damn good.

A lot of the answer could come in the off-season if Dak could gain more confidence in releasing the ball. A good coach can teach this skill. I like Amari and don't want him traded. At the same time, we need to balance this offense with a much less predictable run game. Oh, here's Zeke running up the middle of the box. We're all so surprised!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Show tape where Cooper was open in deeper routes but Dak refused to throw him the ball.

Watch any of the following games esp the all 22 tape from 2021. raiders, Arizona, San Fran, KC. Notice I didn't say Cooper ran deep routes I said Cooper or deep routes. If you really want to know there are plenty of utube videos breaking down open guys not getting the ball while Dak choose to go short.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Watch any of the following games esp the all 22 tape from 2021. raiders, Arizona, San Fran, KC. Notice I didn't say Cooper ran deep routes I said Cooper or deep routes. If you really want to know there are plenty of utube videos breaking down open guys not getting the ball while Dak choose to go short.
I'll check them over. Also, check under what kind of protection Dak is in when he is having to throw short underneath.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
You can fix your salary cap by cutting Tyron Smith post June 1 and not having his health collapse your season around Dec 1 every year

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll check them over. Also, check under what kind of protection Dak is in when he is having to throw short underneath.

Thsts fair but protection wasn't always bad. More importantly if he could actually hit the guy on the short routes maybe they could catch the ball. That's not to say CD and others didn't drop an easy catch but many of Daks throws we're off more than normal. The issues are probably multifaceted from his calf to defensive looks, to the OL not giving him a full 3 seconds, to him feeling rushed but not actually being rushed and more. Plenty of excuses why things didn't go right but the QB position is about being able to overcome many of these. That is what made mahomes, Rodgers, Lamar special when things break down for whatever reason those guys showed they can still make something good happen with their arms or legs.

ESisback

Reaction score
You can fix your salary cap by cutting Tyron Smith post June 1 and not having his health collapse your season around Dec 1 every year

That’s great, but who replaces him? Is it better to have Smith for 10-12 games with a back up in the rest, OR 17+ games from a lesser player? A LT protecting #4 is important.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
That’s great, but who replaces him? Is it better to have Smith for 10-12 games with a back up in the rest, OR 17+ games from a lesser player? A LT protecting #4 is important.
How well does he play after he gets injured the first time? He isn’t able to play close to 100% while hurt anymore

ESisback

Reaction score
How well does he play after he gets injured the first time? He isn’t able to play close to 100% while hurt anymore
I repeat, who replaces him? Keep in mind, we pick at 24, and we need LG, C, DT, S, LB, and RB. With Armstrong and possibly Gregory or Lawrence gone, we’ll need a pass rusher too.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Can't put up with actual discussion with a plausible disagreement based upon valid points? Just go ahead and delete me then...pure bias, then.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The “No one wants to tackle Zeke” is funny to me. Because nowadays, it only takes one guy to tackle him.
I wish the idea that all we need is a great coach were true. We’ve already had 6 different HCs, 7 different OCs and 8 different DCs in the last 26 seasons. When your front office doesn’t have a clue how to do things the right way, it doesn’t matter if you resurrected Vince Lombardi from the grave and hired him as the HC of the Cowboys. It would just be another new coat of paint on the Titanic.
To point, does this matter?

AdamJT13

@AdamJT13

There have been 105 NFL players targeted on 300+ passes since 2016 (reg. and postseason). Here's where Ezekiel Elliott ranks in various metrics out of those 105 players: 105th in total EPA 105th in EPA per play 105th in Success Rate 105th in total WPA 104th in WPA per play

kskboys

Reaction score
Can't put up with actual discussion with a plausible disagreement based upon valid points? Just go ahead and delete me then...pure bias, then.
We don't know what perineal means.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To point, does this matter?

AdamJT13

@AdamJT13

There have been 105 NFL players targeted on 300+ passes since 2016 (reg. and postseason). Here's where Ezekiel Elliott ranks in various metrics out of those 105 players: 105th in total EPA 105th in EPA per play 105th in Success Rate 105th in total WPA 104th in WPA per play
Translation please.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think they are a talented group who failed to get the job done. I also think there are some weakness on offense that needs to be addressed. I would not say we have HOF players through out the offense but by and large in comparison to other teams around the league, Yes I think we are every much as talented and falls to the coaches to get the most out of the talent.

Maybe less talent than they're often given credit for, but clearly underutilized for the talent they have. Pollard should have been our de facto starter once Zeke got hurt. Newt has analyzed our blocking scheme, and found it too passive, wasting our best players.

Our coaches on offense underperformed.