We needed this loss.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Enough about the coaching, etc. We needed this loss. A loss like this for a player will not break him. It will make him say "I never EVER want to feel that way again". That loss is going to bring us to a new level.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
otero1;1905344 said:
Enough about the coaching, etc. We needed this loss. A loss like this for a player will not break him. It will make him say "I never EVER want to feel that way again". That loss is going to bring us to a new level. Don't get me wrong.. it was one of the worst losses in our history.
Be prepared to duck. Some people are going to read only the thread title and rip you for it.

sbark

Reaction score
It will keep Jerry from thinking the Roster is a finished peice of art......Jerry wont sit still...not his way

Alot of guys just opened the window for competition for their spot, their amount of playing time......

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I don't buy it - at some point we need to win a playoff game. Winning breeds confidence.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I guess we needed last years too?

I could buy maybe "needing" a loss like we had against Philly to wake us up. But a divisional playoff loss as the #1 seed, just to send the team a message is beyond ridiculous.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I was hoping thats what they said for this year after last years debacle.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
we needed this loss like we needed a bad case of the herpes.

dallas needed that win.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
last year we win if someone doesnt exchange the football with a greasy little carnival pig.....seattle definitely has homefield advantage

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1905373 said:
we needed this loss like we needed a bad case of the herpes.

dallas needed that win.

is there a good case of herpes?

davender51

Reaction score
yeah thats a good idea lets drop our probowl saftey...duh! seriously thats not going to help anything. we need to drop reeves i agree and get a shutdown stud in his place to complete, that right complete the secondary. props to ellis for a great come back season but he is getting old and spencer is going to be great so pop him in. and we need one more peice on the defensive front, i want a top five d next year. ideal thinking i know but we do that and draft a shifty back late on day one of the draft. use the first three picks to address wr or trade one of them or both to move up into the top 15 picks.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1905353 said:
I don't buy it - at some point we need to win a playoff game. Winning breeds confidence.

Totally agree it's been way to long w/o a playoff win. 3 strikes and you're out for Romo. This is a make or break year coming up for romo. If he loses another playoff game i think we can all agree he's not the qb of the future.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;1905358 said:
I guess we needed last years too?

I could buy maybe "needing" a loss like we had against Philly to wake us up. But a divisional playoff loss as the #1 seed, just to send the team a message is beyond ridiculous.

Totally agree this was a horrible loss if anything this could doom them for next season.We know one thing Romo's playoff confidence is at an al-mighty low right now. I don't think he'll ever believe he can win a playoff game.

ddh33

Reaction score
What you need are more of those guys fighting back tears and feeling ashamed and a whole lot less of the guys worried about being benched next season, getting their money, or talking constantly.

utrunner07

Reaction score
davender51;1905389 said:
yeah thats a good idea lets drop our probowl saftey...duh! seriously thats not going to help anything. we need to drop reeves i agree and get a shutdown stud in his place to complete, that right complete the secondary. props to ellis for a great come back season but he is getting old and spencer is going to be great so pop him in. and we need one more peice on the defensive front, i want a top five d next year. ideal thinking i know but we do that and draft a shifty back late on day one of the draft. use the first three picks to address wr or trade one of them or both to move up into the top 15 picks.

not a good start. Roy is not a probowl safety! Geez you really dont look to good coming on here and claiming that. Moving up into the top 15 is going to be too costly.

Calicowboy

Reaction score
otero1;1905344 said:
Enough about the coaching, etc. We needed this loss. A loss like this for a player will not break him. It will make him say "I never EVER want to feel that way again". That loss is going to bring us to a new level.

I heavily disagree.

A loss like this only demoralizes a player. This loss wiped away a 13-3 season, and Home Field advantage for the playoffs. You dont get many chances like these, and when they come you better take advantage of them.

Last year's playoff loss should have told them they NEVER EVER want to feel that way again. This year we should have seen the results.

I'm not saying they cant recover from this. But to say this loss will elevate us to the next level? I disagree, better execution will.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
otero1;1905344 said:

How many times do our guys need that experience?

utrunner07

Reaction score
otero1;1905344 said:

Actually we needed a win. Been 11 years since a playoff win. Kind of needed that. Ya know last year should have been the "good" loss, or maybe the the Philli game. But if telling yourself that we needed this loss...whatever it takes for you to sleep. If we loose again next year I am sure we will need it too...:rolleyes: