We needed this loss.

Kilyin

Reaction score
We needed this loss like Wade Phillips needs a drawer full of speedos.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
It always troubled me GREATLY that Parcells walked away from this team.

Almost like he knew it was not a SB team. He would have been back another year in his heart of hearts if he felt we were that - JMO

Heck he is already back in the NFL in Miami.

I predict in his next book he has a real startling revelation on his Dallas years.....and maybe a big mistake he made in 2006.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
otero1;1905344 said:
Enough about the coaching, etc. We needed this loss. A loss like this for a player will not break him. It will make him say "I never EVER want to feel that way again". That loss is going to bring us to a new level.

Hopefully it will.

Kind of like the Steerlers in 2004 who went 15-1, barely escaped a weak Jets team in the divisional playoff game at home and then got housed by the Pats at home in the AFC Championship game, and then went on to win the Super Bowl the next season.

Knee jerk reactions like getting rid of coaching staff and getting rid of players right now before we have suitable replacements in line will ruin the franchise. Continuing to make the smart moves like Dallas has done since 2003 will eventually get us to the promise land some day.

YAKUZA

Kilyin

Reaction score
Nors;1905438 said:

Almost like he knew it was not a SB team. He would have been back another year in his heart of hearts if he felt we were that - JMO

I predict in his next book he has a real startling revelation on his Dallas years.....and maybe a big mistake he made in 2006.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1905352 said:
What was last year?
:hammer: last year should've motivated them enough. now we have underachieved for 3 straight years and counting

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Rampage;1905478 said:
:hammer: last year should've motivated them enough. now we have underachieved for 3 straight years and counting
Yeah that is true. I was really trying to be too optimistic.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Nors;1905438 said:

Was it the failure to acquire Ty Law?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1905498 said:
There are always more than one way to look at a situation, this is one.
Nah, people never learn from mistakes, only when they succeed.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Shango's example was pretty good. How Denver was tearing it up in the regular season and Jacksonville came to Denver and beat em' in the Divisional Round. Terrell Davis said it fueled them for those back-2-back Super Bowls.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
otero1;1905505 said:
Shango's example was pretty good. How Denver was tearing it up in the regular season and Jacksonville came to Denver and beat em' in the Divisional Round. Terrell Davis said it fueled them for those back-2-back Super Bowls.
I'll take that scenario , thank you very much.

davender51

Reaction score
utrunner07;1905424 said:
not a good start. Roy is not a probowl safety! Geez you really dont look to good coming on here and claiming that. Moving up into the top 15 is going to be too costly.

here is some info i found on nfl .com

2008 Pro Bowl rosters

NFL.com

Strong safetyDarren Sharper, Minnesota (Highlights)Roy Williams, Dallas

thank you very much... still doesn't mean much the way this lose feels:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
otero1;1905344 said:
Enough about the coaching, etc. We needed this loss. A loss like this for a player will not break him. It will make him say "I never EVER want to feel that way again". That loss is going to bring us to a new level.

Sorry... I cant really take that angle on this loss.

The only thing I will consider is that Romo was loving the spotlight too much. I dont think it affected his game.. but maybe just maybe... it took awaya little of his edge.

kbman

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1905352 said:
What was last year?

I'm with ya, I thought last years was the big loss to build on. We did not need this loss but we got it! Bottom line cowboys choked in a huge playoff game.

utrunner07

Reaction score
davender51;1905558 said:
here is some info i found on nfl .com

2008 Pro Bowl rosters

NFL.com

Strong safetyDarren Sharper, Minnesota (Highlights)Roy Williams, Dallas

thank you very much... still doesn't mean much the way this lose feels:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

:rolleyes: goodnight, do you not think I dont know Roy Williams is playing in the pro-bowl!?!?!?! What I was saying, and am pretty sure everyone else got and knows, is he sure as hell is not a pro-bowl level player and the fact that he is in the pro-bowl is a travesty...btw YOU may not know the only reason he is in the pro-bowl is becuase of Taylor's death...

davender51

Reaction score
Maybe You Are The Clueless One Buddy, Why Give Up That Run Support When We Can Get Better By Adding A Via The Draft, Or Free Agency? Roy Is Still One Of The Best In The League And Yes He Gets Burned Occasionally, But He Still Pops People With The Best Of Them And His Coverage Looks Bad When Other People Mess Up In Thier Coverage More Often Then Not... Talib Is Going To Be Around Late And If He Isn't Then We Can Still Get That Kid From Troy State. Here Is A Good Idea Don't Act Like You Know Anything If All You Are Gonna Do Is Piggy Back On Others Comments Like I Have Seen You Doing All Over This Site. You Got Your Opion And I Got Mine... And Of Course I Knew Williams Got In Cause Taylor Died.

utrunner07

Reaction score
davender51;1905678 said:
Maybe You Are The Clueless One Buddy, Why Give Up That Run Support When We Can Get Better By Adding A Via The Draft, Or Free Agency? Roy Is Still One Of The Best In The League And Yes He Gets Burned Occasionally, But He Still Pops People With The Best Of Them And His Coverage Looks Bad When Other People Mess Up In Thier Coverage More Often Then Not... Talib Is Going To Be Around Late And If He Isn't Then We Can Still Get That Kid From Troy State. Here Is A Good Idea Don't Act Like You Know Anything If All You Are Gonna Do Is Piggy Back On Others Comments Like I Have Seen You Doing All Over This Site. You Got Your Opion And I Got Mine... And Of Course I Knew Williams Got In Cause Taylor Died.

:rolleyes: yeah Roy pops people real hard here lately...go back and try to find some of these pops this season...good luck! Sorry, if your talking to me about "piggy backing" on other peoples ideas becuase I dont like Roy...well then your going to not like this place. You got any instances where I "piggy back" on others comments? I'll be here waiting for that and the Roy hitting people examples...