News: We owe the Cowboys defense an apology

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW, we are dead last in the league in terms of yards per play, which certainly is not a good thing. So as some said, it's wait and see as we get healthy, etc.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why? You don't know them anything. Conversely, the team does not owe you anything.
Tongue. In. Cheek. :)

Then again, the team does owe me an aspirin for the headache sitting among so many San Francisco fans in my section (ow!).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm comparing it to 2003, not 2013. Remember how great our defense looked that year?

Defense opened up giving up 31 to NY giants. Yes last years defense played well at times during the 1st part of the season and went downhill. Difference of more older players, bigger paychecks and more injuries. Dallas was paying for a top 5 defense and getting much less.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
what? you wrote them off from the get go. I don't think anyone needs to apologize but come on, lets not canonize them not let wait? where was the wait when you were blasting them claiming they would be the worse defense? lol Yeah I thought so

well, i was high critical when the 'Boys defense was one of the worst in the NFL and the worst in Cowboys history, that is where I was.
And I remain a wait-and-see fan on the defense. I am not rushing to lay palms and a carpet of flowers when they come out of the stadium tunnel. The defense half many problems and if injuries hit, the D will be worse. (Let's gather for a group shudder)
Apology? I don't see the need for that anywhere. They just have to stay adequate until they get up to speed to become decent. Even then, they won't warrant an apology or a carpet of flowers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
well, i was high critical when the 'Boys defense was one of the worst in the NFL and the worst in Cowboys history, that is where I was.
And I remain a wait-and-see fan on the defense. I am not rushing to lay palms and a carpet of flowers when they come out of the stadium tunnel. The defense half many problems and if injuries hit, the D will be worse. (Let's gather for a group shudder)
Apology? I don't see the need for that anywhere. They just have to stay adequate until they get up to speed to become decent. Even then, they won't warrant an apology or a carpet of flowers.

You remain wait and see? you were not claiming wait and see you claimed they were the worst before they even played a single game. I get that you are not rushing to lay palms or a carpet of flowers. Fact is injuries have taken place and again this weekend we will be without Carter. Fact is you made claims before they played and anyone saying any different was mocked, I don't think anyone deserves an apology

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think we are around average. One thing we got going for us right now is that we probably have the best 4-3 MLB in the game right now.

We have upgraded to "around average" mostly because we use our running game now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We have upgraded to "around average" mostly because we use our running game now.

Running game has made a difference for the team but when Dallas got the int that had nothing to do with running it had to do with Carter and Durant making a great play. Holding saints on 3rd down situation was not the run it was the defense. I agree running game and overall balance of the Cowboys’ offense is important but defense still has to go out and stop drives if not then NO moves the ball down the field and scores they were unable to do that. There are going to be plays that defense has to make to help this team win and offense can’t help them do that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You remain wait and see? you were not claiming wait and see you claimed they were the worst before they even played a single game. I get that you are not rushing to lay palms or a carpet of flowers. Fact is injuries have taken place and again this weekend we will be without Carter. Fact is you made claims before they played and anyone saying any different was mocked, I don't think anyone deserves an apology

As usal, you're comprehension is lacking. I prefer the wait and see NOW that they have shown adequacy in the first 4 games. Before that? Before that they were clearly the worst in the NFL and the worst in Cowboys history.

So read, comprihend and THEN attack me, a proud son of the Hills of Farmers Branch.
Nex time I will not let you off so easily. Nex time you will run away in tears. Maybe, if you comprihend what i say to yew.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As usal, you're comprehension is lacking. I prefer the wait and see NOW that they have shown adequacy in the first 4 games. Before that? Before that they were clearly the worst in the NFL and the worst in Cowboys history.

So read, comprihend and THEN attack me, a proud son of the Hills of Farmers Branch.
Nex time I will not let you off so easily. Nex time you will run away in tears. Maybe, if you comprihend what i say to yew.

I comprehend fine, you trash them before the season and anyone who claimed they had a chance to be better. You can spin your way all day but does not change comments.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I comprehend fine, you trash them before the season and anyone who claimed they had a chance to be better. You can spin your way all day but does not change comments.

You got the first part correct. At the beginning of the season they were without starters and veterans who defected and of course, the looming sentiment was that they'd be worse.
As I half said, to me it is a wait-and-see attitude. Unlike you, I still half many questions and doubts about this defensive team. You are fee to start printiing gimme caps that say Best Defense in the NFL any time you want. The caustious and restrained fan, like gimme, proud son of the Hills of Farmers Branch, will not. Maybe later, but not now, dear exuberant fan.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You got the first part correct. At the beginning of the season they were without starters and veterans who defected and of course, the looming sentiment was that they'd be worse.
As I half said, to me it is a wait-and-see attitude. Unlike you, I still half many questions and doubts about this defensive team. You are fee to start printiing gimme caps that say Best Defense in the NFL any time you want. The caustious and restrained fan, like gimme, proud son of the Hills of Farmers Branch, will not. Maybe later, but not now, dear exuberant fan.

Yes no wait and see. Yes got rid of older guys who had big pay checks and not getting the job done. We brought in younger guys and some younger vets and they spent time working in camp and pre season unlike last year were we were seeing street FA after street FA, this unit does not have a super star player but they are putting together an 8 man rotation and getting good play from them as well as the LB core. Never once claimed they were the best I but felt confident they would be an improvement over a unit that was getting long in the tooth and eating up a lot of cap space in the process

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes no wait and see. Yes got rid of older guys who had big pay checks and not getting the job done. We brought in younger guys and some younger vets and they spent time working in camp and pre season unlike last year were we were seeing street FA after street FA, this unit does not have a super star player but they are putting together an 8 man rotation and getting good play from them as well as the LB core. Never once claimed they were the best I but felt confident they would be an improvement over a unit that was getting long in the tooth and eating up a lot of cap space in the process

Never half someone spoken so manys words and said so little.

You felt confident of an improvement? Here is your trophy for Mr. Precsient the all-knowing, all-seething Doomsday. Now go place your trophy in a place of honor. :rolleyes: