We Really Believing That Two CB’s Will Go In The Top 10?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Here is how I think the first 10 picks will go
1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones or Lance
4. Pitts or unless some team like the Pats trade up and get their qb but Pats don't give up picks usually.
5. Chase
6.Waddle or if Pitts is still on the board
7. Sewell
8 Horn- heard the Panthers really like him
9. Parsons- heard the Broncos like him a lot
10. Surtain
But you never know. The picks ahead of us could be smoke screens or someone like the Eagles could jump us and take Surtain or Horn. It should be for an interesting night.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There isn't a DL in the top 10 and Parsons has some ?'s, Surtain and Horn are the best D prospects in the top 10.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Here is how I think the first 10 picks will go
1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones or Lance
4. Pitts or unless some team like the Pats trade up and get their qb but Pats don't give up picks usually.
5. Chase
6.Waddle or if Pitts is still on the board
7. Sewell
8 Horn- heard the Panthers really like him
9. Parsons- heard the Broncos like him a lot
10. Surtain
But you never know. The picks ahead of us could be smoke screens or someone like the Eagles could jump us and take Surtain or Horn. It should be for an interesting night.
I think if the 1st 8 fell like this, then the Bronco's would trade with the Eagles. Looks like the Cowboys have no interest in Parsons...one rumor was the Giants compared him to OBJ. They could drop to 12 and still get Parsons.

Creeper

Reaction score
It depends on whether or not anyone trades up into the top 10 but I think Atlanta, Denver, and Carolina are all looking at CB. 4 QBs go in the top 10, that leaves 5 other picks before Dallas. Sewell and Pitts will probably be 2 of them. Could 2 of the other 3 be CBs? If not then who else? Is Waddle that highly regarded? Smith and Chase?

Dallas has made their intentions so clear the teams that want CBs will either stay ahead of Dallas or trade up in front of them. The Eagles can move up from 12 to 9 for the cost of their 2nd 3rd round pick (#84). Would DEnver be willing to give up their spot for that price? Let's hope Fields falls and they want him. Or NE offers more to move up and take him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm not worried. In a doomsday scenario and Surtain/Horn are off the board, you either entertain a tradedown because one of the QB's are available or a few of the wideouts are in play. Or you just draft Parsons and feel pretty good.

Only way we really can lose is if we do something stupid like draft Paye.

817Gill

Reaction score
We'll revisit tomorrow and make sure you bring the same the energy.
Ey I’ve said multiple times anything could happen, it’s just extremely unlikely and I wouldn’t be chalking up 2 corners being gone like I saw a few people do yesterday. That was the whole impetus for my post.

817Gill

Reaction score
I see one corner going, but not two.

5 QBs look locked in to the top 10 and Chase is locked in (Detroit apparently tried to trade up thinking he won't be there at #7). That's 3 unknown picks before Dallas is up, and 2 carry blue chip grades in my book (Pitts and Sewell). I can't see teams passing those guys up for Surtain and Horn. If they do, we've landed ourselves a monster at #10. If they don't, we've got ourselves a CB.
Exactly

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Someone is going to come up for QB around pick 7-9 which will push the CBs down the board.

Creeper

Reaction score
It kept me up last night.

Get the Falcons on the phone.

Interestingly I heard Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan talking about a possible trade between the Falcons and Denver, with Denver moving up to draft a QB if the right QB is there at 4. I think at 9, the Falcons are almost certainly going to draft a CB.

I would not trade up in a defensive move to ensure one of these CBs if I was Dallas, but I do worry if Horn and Surtain are both gone what might Jerry do? The potential for screw up increases exponentially if the 2 CBs are gone. I smell a DE at #10 in this scenario. Who wants Paye, Phillips, or Rousseau at #10?

I would rather Jerry trade down where he can still get Newsome or even Surtain, plus an extra pick or two.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It’s been a few days since I got on the draft zone but I’ve seen a lot of chatter about two CB’s being gone. Now maybe opinions haven’t been updated post Car-Pats trade groundwork news but regardless this should’ve been pretty obvious from the start.

It’s a math game guys. Whether it be the teams currently selecting or a trade up (which we could all see coming miles away), there will be 5 QB’s taken in the top 10. After the QB’s, there are 3 blue chippers in Chase, Pitts, and Sewell. That’s 8 out of 10 selections accounted for basically guaranteed. In turn this cements us having either Surtain or Horn available, and a solid chance both are.

I know nobody saw Ceedee falling like that last year and anything can happen but outliers aren’t the norm. Why anyone would be expecting two CB’s be taken is beyond me. Anything’s possible but this one really not likely at all.
It'd be a bit of a shock given all the QBs & WRs, combined with Pitts and Sewell.

Honestly, I think there's a better shot that both are than neither.

I do now think there's a least a chance one of the QBs falls though

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Atlanta needs defense and a rb. So, I will be shocked if they stay at 4. I see NE trying to pry that pick from them. BB once trade a first and a 3rd for Brandon Cooks. He's built his dynasty with mostly crappy draft positions and he desperately needs a QB. Cam Newton will get him another top 15 pick next year.
Pitts to Atlanta at 4 is my guess.

Gaede

Reaction score
I feel like all this fuss about crazy trades fizzles out when the draft starts. Happens every year. We talk about how crazy it'll be and then it's basically pretty standard.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If Mac Jones doesn't go the 9ers it coukd have a trigger effect on us

Yep, just about to post that. Lance is a more desirable pick I believe teams would have been willing to move up for. I don't know if teams feel that way about Mac Jones.

[OP is getting nervous right now]

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s been a few days since I got on the draft zone but I’ve seen a lot of chatter about two CB’s being gone. Now maybe opinions haven’t been updated post Car-Pats trade groundwork news but regardless this should’ve been pretty obvious from the start.

It’s a math game guys. Whether it be the teams currently selecting or a trade up (which we could all see coming miles away), there will be 5 QB’s taken in the top 10. After the QB’s, there are 3 blue chippers in Chase, Pitts, and Sewell. That’s 8 out of 10 selections accounted for basically guaranteed. In turn this cements us having either Surtain or Horn available, and a solid chance both are.

I know nobody saw Ceedee falling like that last year and anything can happen but outliers aren’t the norm. Why anyone would be expecting two CB’s be taken is beyond me. Anything’s possible but this ones really not likely at all.
One gone