News: We Should All Hope the Giants Are the Terrible NFC East Team to Host a Playoff Game

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

You know what's not exciting? The race for the NFC East. The battle for the top position and a playoff spot will come down to the final day of the NFL season as the Giants, Cowboys, and Washington all have a shot at taking the division crown. The Football Team has a slight edge over their two counterparts; all Washington needs to do is beat the Eagles to clinch, or have the Cowboys lose. The Cowboys will be playoff-bound if they win and Washington loses, while the Giants need a win and a Football Team loss.

Whoever comes out on top will have the privilege of hosting a playoff game at home with a sub-.500 record. Hooray! We could see Daniel Jones duke it out with Tom Brady or Andy Dalton suiting up for the postseason for the first time since Vontaze Burfict knocked out Antonio Brown.

In other words, these NFCE squads will be fighting for the chance to get obliterated on national television, to the disappointment of us all. It's dumb. Division winners should get a playoff spot, don't get me wrong. If we did away with that, we may as well do away with divisions at large, and nobody really wants that. But they shouldn't automatically be one of the top four seeds.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/giants-nfc-east-winner-odds-01etwwj3zww0?utm_source=RSS

catiii

Reaction score
Because we didn't take care of biz early on, we need a win AND we're dependent on someone else to lose - a position we've been in all too often. The odds are against us and if we're eliminated, we deserve it or we wouldn't be in this position. I will not let an elimination ruin my day like it has for 25 years. I refuse to give Jerry that sort of power ever again. Just be ready because anything can happen.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Because we didn't take care of biz early on, we need a win AND we're dependent on someone else to lose - a position we've been in all too often. The odds are against us and if we're eliminated, we deserve it or we wouldn't be in this position. I will not let an elimination ruin my day like it has for 25 years. I refuse to give Jerry that sort of power ever again. Just be ready because anything can happen.

Pretty much where I am as well... expecting the worst, will be pleasantly surprised if they are playing in the playoffs lol

If that does happen— I will relish our 4 game winning streak and the fact that the WFT choked away the division lol...

We may have had a crappy year, but those bragging and trash-talking rights against the rest of the NFCE are pure gold :)

I live an hour from DC, so I will thoroughly enjoy ruining every WFT fan’s day whenever they come around to talk trash (and man have they let me know how good they feel about sweeping us this year lol)

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I can’t tell you whether or not the Cowboys will make the playoffs. But I can tell you that if they do, they’ll be entering hot with a 4 game win streak and hitting on all cylinders. I can’t say the same for the Bucs.

The last time a 7-9 team made the playoffs, they won in the wildcard round.

A Brady/Cowboys matchup would be the best draw of the year. Maybe we’ll get some help from the officials on Sunday.

:)

plymkr

Reaction score
Could you imagine what will happen to Cowboys nation if we win the division and win the WC game. That would mean 1. McCarthy, 2. Dalton, 3. the weakest offensive line we've had in decades, 4. Mike nolan, and 5. our horrible defense; would take us as far as Romo, Prescott, Garrett, Parcells did. Man this place would implode with discussions of all types of things.

I'm curious and scared what would happen if we advanced to the division round of the playoffs.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would rather just barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round than just barely miss the playoffs and not even get a chance to play.

7-9, 8-8, 9-7, etc. are all "meh" seasons but throw in a playoff game and at least we get one extra game to watch and you never know what might happen in that game.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I want to Watch the Cowboys play as long as possible.

besides the Packers and the Saints, anyone else in the NFC can be be beat by this highly injured Cowboys team that seems to be playing better the past few weeks. Let’s see what happens.

Motorola

Reaction score

You know what's not exciting? The race for the NFC East. The battle for the top position and a playoff spot will come down to the final day of the NFL season as the Giants, Cowboys, and Washington all have a shot at taking the division crown. The Football Team has a slight edge over their two counterparts; all Washington needs to do is beat the Eagles to clinch, or have the Cowboys lose. The Cowboys will be playoff-bound if they win and Washington loses, while the Giants need a win and a Football Team loss.

Whoever comes out on top will have the privilege of hosting a playoff game at home with a sub-.500 record. Hooray! We could see Daniel Jones duke it out with Tom Brady or Andy Dalton suiting up for the postseason for the first time since Vontaze Burfict knocked out Antonio Brown.

In other words, these NFCE squads will be fighting for the chance to get obliterated on national television, to the disappointment of us all. It's dumb. Division winners should get a playoff spot, don't get me wrong. If we did away with that, we may as well do away with divisions at large, and nobody really wants that. But they shouldn't automatically be one of the top four seeds.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/giants-nfc-east-winner-odds-01etwwj3zww0?utm_source=RSS
The previous two times the sub .500 division winners were in the playoffs, they won the wildcard game.
2010 postseason - Seahawks 41, Saints 36
2014 postseason - Panthers 27, Cardinals 16

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I try not to take this season too seriously -- this year was an abomination of a year to play pro sports.

It was a bit of a lost cause for the league. Hopefully, 2021 might be infinitely more fruitful for the NFL.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I wouldn't count out the Cowboys or Commanders from beating the Bucs. As long as Alex Smith is playing. These two teams aren't great, but like someone else said in this thread, besides the Packers and Saints, every other playoff team is beatable. The guy that wrote this trash piece seems to believe there is some huge gap. There isn't.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s better going to the dance than being left at home.

And you can’t get around the bases if you don’t get on first.

I suppose there will always be those who won’t go for that first kiss so afraid of rejection or disappointment.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Last time a 7-9 team made the postseason, I believe it was the Seahawks. You know what, they won a playoff game against a much better Saints team with Drew Brees. Records mean nothing when a team gets into the tournament, where anything thing can happen in 1 game. Look at the NFC West now, they are perhaps the best division in football.

Scotman

Reaction score
I would rather just barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round than just barely miss the playoffs and not even get a chance to play.

7-9, 8-8, 9-7, etc. are all "meh" seasons but throw in a playoff game and at least we get one extra game to watch and you never know what might happen in that game.

This times 1000.

If I get to the point that I'm watching the Cowboys and hoping they lose, I'm done watching football altogether.

irishline

Reaction score
I can’t tell you whether or not the Cowboys will make the playoffs. But I can tell you that if they do, they’ll be entering hot with a 4 game win streak and hitting on all cylinders. I can’t say the same for the Bucs.

Not saying we cant win that game but the Buccaneers have won their last 3 games just the same as us, and they are playing the Falcons to close out so it will probably be 4. They scored 104 points over the past three games. They are hitting on the same amount of cylinders as we are right now.

visionary

Reaction score
Last time a 7-9 team made the postseason, I believe it was the Seahawks. You know what, they won a playoff game against a much better Saints team with Drew Brees. Records mean nothing when a team gets into the tournament, where anything thing can happen in 1 game. Look at the NFC West now, they are perhaps the best division in football.

i would agree with you if we had Dak, not with Dalton

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I agree with your post. Winning the NFCE is meaningless this season. It's a championship with no prestige. It only means you get to get embarrassed on national TV in your home stadium by the Bucs. And all the other NFCE teams have a better draft position. IMO, it's shooting yourself in the foot. There is no honor in that.

Jipper

Reaction score
We have come this far , why not keep the story going a bit longer??