News: We Should All Hope the Giants Are the Terrible NFC East Team to Host a Playoff Game

Jipper

Reaction score
Does the record really matter? Was it more fun when they were 13-3 with homefield and were one and done?

This season started out with the same goals as all of them do and the first was to win the East and they still have a chance to do that which keeps the other goals alive.

Players like Sean Lee, LP and Big Smitty have so little playoff experience for their years with the team and how about Andy Dalton? He's a playoff poster boy and he's had a year unlike any other or many other vet QB's beginning with losing his job, getting knocked out and getting COVID and he's fought back to lead this team to the edge of the playoffs and has a 3-0 record in the last 3.

I get some just wanting this to be over but that's the last thing I want. This rotten season has the chance to end up on a high note and I don't care what happens in the playoffs, just that they make it. "Anything can happen in the playoffs" is buying a lottery ticket. And using the Giants comeback doesn't really apply to this.

But above all, playoffs aside, winning Sunday in what amounts to a must win and closing out 4-0 on this season is better than any draft pick they could get for 2021.

Halfway through this season, I was a leaning tanker because they didn't just play poorly, they played sloppily and with little heart but that changed toward the end and it doesn't matter who they've beaten, I like watching them play again. And I want at least a 17th game.

very true, we all forget how long the offseason is and I count each week with meaningful football a blessing!

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm a little confused, which is nothing new. I keep reading that Washington is in if the Cowboys lose. That sounds like it doesn't matter if they win or lose. And yet each story says NY needs a Washington loss & to win on Sunday to make the playoffs. Just like us.

Didn't NY sweep Washington? I think I'm missing something that's real basic, but not sure what.

If Washington wins they're in, lose they're out. But a Giants/Washington tie breaker is not going to happen. If the Giants beat Dallas it goes straight to a 3 way tie breaker. Meaning the Giants beating Washington twice means nothing. However, the Giants still would win the first tie breaker in a 3 way tie anyway.

Flamma

Reaction score
Another thing that aggravates me about this article is complaining about the seeding. If anything, complain about the divisions being too small. You know, the actual problem. Instead of trying to fix the problem by following up with something equally stupid. If it was up to me there would be no wildcards.

stiletto

Reaction score
I would rather just barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round than just barely miss the playoffs and not even get a chance to play.

7-9, 8-8, 9-7, etc. are all "meh" seasons but throw in a playoff game and at least we get one extra game to watch and you never know what might happen in that game.

I just hope they finish strong and the coaching staff shows they are the anti-Garrett types. Garrett would probably lose to the Giants so it'd all be moot. It's already kind of different because I doubt a Garrett team would've won 2 more games after Dak went down. We'll see.

Also pretty sure no one will say the team deserved to be in the playoffs if WFT beats the Eagles and they beat the Giants either...they were terrible for 85% of the season and certainly deserve a seat on the couch as well. It is what it is.

Loso86

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

You know what's not exciting? The race for the NFC East. The battle for the top position and a playoff spot will come down to the final day of the NFL season as the Giants, Cowboys, and Washington all have a shot at taking the division crown. The Football Team has a slight edge over their two counterparts; all Washington needs to do is beat the Eagles to clinch, or have the Cowboys lose. The Cowboys will be playoff-bound if they win and Washington loses, while the Giants need a win and a Football Team loss.

Whoever comes out on top will have the privilege of hosting a playoff game at home with a sub-.500 record. Hooray! We could see Daniel Jones duke it out with Tom Brady or Andy Dalton suiting up for the postseason for the first time since Vontaze Burfict knocked out Antonio Brown.

In other words, these NFCE squads will be fighting for the chance to get obliterated on national television, to the disappointment of us all. It's dumb. Division winners should get a playoff spot, don't get me wrong. If we did away with that, we may as well do away with divisions at large, and nobody really wants that. But they shouldn't automatically be one of the top four seeds.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/giants-nfc-east-winner-odds-01etwwj3zww0?utm_source=RSS
I for one hate looming at the doom and gloom to see where the Cowboys started and where they hVe finished even throughout all of the injuries and what not. If any team gets in it's all a new fight. So if they win and win again and win again please dint cheer or boo just remain as silent as your fandom

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

You know what's not exciting? The race for the NFC East. The battle for the top position and a playoff spot will come down to the final day of the NFL season as the Giants, Cowboys, and Washington all have a shot at taking the division crown. The Football Team has a slight edge over their two counterparts; all Washington needs to do is beat the Eagles to clinch, or have the Cowboys lose. The Cowboys will be playoff-bound if they win and Washington loses, while the Giants need a win and a Football Team loss.

Whoever comes out on top will have the privilege of hosting a playoff game at home with a sub-.500 record. Hooray! We could see Daniel Jones duke it out with Tom Brady or Andy Dalton suiting up for the postseason for the first time since Vontaze Burfict knocked out Antonio Brown.

In other words, these NFCE squads will be fighting for the chance to get obliterated on national television, to the disappointment of us all. It's dumb. Division winners should get a playoff spot, don't get me wrong. If we did away with that, we may as well do away with divisions at large, and nobody really wants that. But they shouldn't automatically be one of the top four seeds.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/giants-nfc-east-winner-odds-01etwwj3zww0?utm_source=RSS
We are all terrible teams
You are who your records say you are.

catiii

Reaction score
i would agree with you if we had Dak, not with Dalton
Dalton has had 3 straight passes. Why would you want him to pass the dice to Dak right now even if he was healthy!! He's on a streak! Roll 'em again Andy!! 20 on the Pass line!! (Ooops forgot Vegas is closed.....oh well.) :lmao:

Brax

Reaction score
I would rather just barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round than just barely miss the playoffs and not even get a chance to play.

7-9, 8-8, 9-7, etc. are all "meh" seasons but throw in a playoff game and at least we get one extra game to watch and you never know what might happen in that game.
Jerry did you hijack this account....