News: We Should All Hope the Giants Are the Terrible NFC East Team to Host a Playoff Game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it is brady without BB, arians is a moron, TB is not running a brady offense.
Tom has to hold the ball longer now, and is getting hit a lot and sacked quite a bit.
If brady was running a more suitable quick pass offense, then he would eat up dallas def,
but arians is forcing him to run his offense which has never won a SB lol.
Arians offense is outdated and flawed. Brady did good enough to get them in playoffs, but
with a coach like arians he is swimming upstream.

So bottom line is dallas could beat them if they play like they have been recently.

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm a little confused, which is nothing new. I keep reading that Washington is in if the Cowboys lose. That sounds like it doesn't matter if they win or lose. And yet each story says NY needs a Washington loss & to win on Sunday to make the playoffs. Just like us.

Didn't NY sweep Washington? I think I'm missing something that's real basic, but not sure what.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
i would agree with you if we had Dak, not with Dalton
well dallas might be better off with dalton in playoffs as a lower seed.
Dak is good in domes, but outside in rain or cold, he has not done well at all.

Dalton might play better in rain or cold, and just outside, where most of the games would be played.
first game is at home in dome, and dalton is playing good at home, I am curious to see how he does in rain against giants,
I am thinking dak would not fair well in cold and rain, he never has. So lets see how dalton does.
And hopefully wash loses.

I would rather dallas make the playoffs , getting this close and failing, is not the way to end a season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm a little confused, which is nothing new. I keep reading that Washington is in if the Cowboys lose. That sounds like it doesn't matter if they win or lose. And yet each story says NY needs a Washington loss & to win on Sunday to make the playoffs. Just like us.

Didn't NY sweep Washington? I think I'm missing something that's real basic, but not sure what.
to keep it simple , if it ends with nyg and wash tied, giants win the tiebreaker because they swept the Commanders.
if all 3 are tied I think giants win the tiebreaker there too.
if wash wins they are in
if they lose the cowboys and giants then have a chance if they win last game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We know Dalton will be highly motivated to earn his 1st playoff victory.
I think dalton is highly motivated to win, like you say a playoff win he wants, but also he is auditioning for next season, and a win in playoffs
could mean many millions per year more for him where ever he winds up playing.
He could wind up with big contract as a starter somewhere if he gets into playoffs and wins 2-3 games.

So he is playing for millions of potential dollars in near future.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

You know what's not exciting? The race for the NFC East. The battle for the top position and a playoff spot will come down to the final day of the NFL season as the Giants, Cowboys, and Washington all have a shot at taking the division crown. The Football Team has a slight edge over their two counterparts; all Washington needs to do is beat the Eagles to clinch, or have the Cowboys lose. The Cowboys will be playoff-bound if they win and Washington loses, while the Giants need a win and a Football Team loss.

Whoever comes out on top will have the privilege of hosting a playoff game at home with a sub-.500 record. Hooray! We could see Daniel Jones duke it out with Tom Brady or Andy Dalton suiting up for the postseason for the first time since Vontaze Burfict knocked out Antonio Brown.

In other words, these NFCE squads will be fighting for the chance to get obliterated on national television, to the disappointment of us all. It's dumb. Division winners should get a playoff spot, don't get me wrong. If we did away with that, we may as well do away with divisions at large, and nobody really wants that. But they shouldn't automatically be one of the top four seeds.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/giants-nfc-east-winner-odds-01etwwj3zww0?utm_source=RSS
I dont care about being embarrassed lol, I am used to that being a cowboys fan. especially this year.

Tampa bay isnt that good, they could be if they had a better hc, but arians is an arrogant moron. And that limits brady.
Brady is a round peg, and arians has forced him into a square hole.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does the record really matter? Was it more fun when they were 13-3 with homefield and were one and done?

This season started out with the same goals as all of them do and the first was to win the East and they still have a chance to do that which keeps the other goals alive.

Players like Sean Lee, LP and Big Smitty have so little playoff experience for their years with the team and how about Andy Dalton? He's a playoff poster boy and he's had a year unlike any other or many other vet QB's beginning with losing his job, getting knocked out and getting COVID and he's fought back to lead this team to the edge of the playoffs and has a 3-0 record in the last 3.

I get some just wanting this to be over but that's the last thing I want. This rotten season has the chance to end up on a high note and I don't care what happens in the playoffs, just that they make it. "Anything can happen in the playoffs" is buying a lottery ticket. And using the Giants comeback doesn't really apply to this.

But above all, playoffs aside, winning Sunday in what amounts to a must win and closing out 4-0 on this season is better than any draft pick they could get for 2021.

Halfway through this season, I was a leaning tanker because they didn't just play poorly, they played sloppily and with little heart but that changed toward the end and it doesn't matter who they've beaten, I like watching them play again. And I want at least a 17th game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

You know what's not exciting? The race for the NFC East. The battle for the top position and a playoff spot will come down to the final day of the NFL season as the Giants, Cowboys, and Washington all have a shot at taking the division crown. The Football Team has a slight edge over their two counterparts; all Washington needs to do is beat the Eagles to clinch, or have the Cowboys lose. The Cowboys will be playoff-bound if they win and Washington loses, while the Giants need a win and a Football Team loss.

Whoever comes out on top will have the privilege of hosting a playoff game at home with a sub-.500 record. Hooray! We could see Daniel Jones duke it out with Tom Brady or Andy Dalton suiting up for the postseason for the first time since Vontaze Burfict knocked out Antonio Brown.

In other words, these NFCE squads will be fighting for the chance to get obliterated on national television, to the disappointment of us all. It's dumb. Division winners should get a playoff spot, don't get me wrong. If we did away with that, we may as well do away with divisions at large, and nobody really wants that. But they shouldn't automatically be one of the top four seeds.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/giants-nfc-east-winner-odds-01etwwj3zww0?utm_source=RSS
OH MY Our first hater post of 2021 the hope for loss vs a win .

past 2am on NYE alcohol plays big roll..

Techsass

Reaction score
to keep it simple , if it ends with nyg and wash tied, giants win the tiebreaker because they swept the Commanders.
if all 3 are tied I think giants win the tiebreaker there too.
if wash wins they are in
if they lose the cowboys and giants then have a chance if they win last game
Thanks, that's what I thought. I've read 3 stories now that all said WFT was in if we just lose.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We screwed our draft up..

Winning these games and not making the playoffs would be the worst possible scenario that could’ve happened to our team.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Its exciting that’s why Washington , Eagles was flexed to Sunday night ! 3 different teams going into the final week with a chance to win division and be the only team to make it in from that division is pure NFL drama .
In 2010 the Seahawks won their division 7-9 and went on to defeat the defending Super Bowl champion saints in the game they hosted . If Dallas does manage to win division on a 4 game win streak they can absolutely win a playoff game .

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
After all these years of missing the playoffs at 8-8 under Garrett; watch McCarthy get the Cowboys in at 7-9.

To be honest I hope they do it. Finishing with seven wins after a 2-7 start is impressive to me; and it would help lay a foundation for McCarthy to build his program upon. Getting a high draft pick isn't as important as getting players like Dak, Tyron Smith, La'el Collins, Zack Martin, and Blake Jarwin back next year anyway.

Besides, Dallas didn't pick until 17th last spring and I think CeeDee Lamb was a pretty good "consolation prize".

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The Philadelphia Eagles issued their first official injury report on Wednesday in advance of their meaningless Week 17 game against the Washington Football Team.

A whopping NINE players DID NOT PRACTICE: Fletcher Cox, Derek Barnett, DeSean Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Jordan Mailata, Quez Watkins, Shaun Bradley, Michael Jacquet, and Richard Rodgers.

There’s no good reason Cox should be playing in this week’s game. If he wasn’t healthy enough to gut it through a must-win game against Dallas, he shouldn’t be suiting up a Week 17 game with no stakes for Philly.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...las-goedert-washington-football-team-news-nfl

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES INJURY REPORT (WEDNESDAY)
DID NOT PARTICIPATE

DE Derek Barnett (calf)
DT Fletcher Cox (neck)
LB Shaun Bradley (neck)
TE Dallas Goedert (calf)
WR DeSean Jackson (ankle)
CB Michael Jacquet (calf)
OT Jordan Mailata (concussion)
TE Richard Rodgers (shin)
WR Quez Watkins (rib)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

LB Duke Riley (biceps)