We should target Superbowl after Brady retires

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I wanted this to happen so badly, but it's an unfair comparison. You're assuming that he would have stayed healthy. Well, if Dak stayed healthy then the Cowboys clearly win the division and make some noise in the playoffs. I say push.

Brady doesnt hold the ball like Dak and rarely leaves the pocket. He's had like one major injury in a decade and a half.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We should have signed Brady and let Dak walk and saved our cap money . We would have been in the NFC championship game or beyond , and no Dak drama or 40 mil BS A year

Why do people assume Brady even wanted to come to Dallas? To play for Jerry Jones? To play for an OC who knows less than him? :muttley:

He doesn't need the Cowboys. He's a brand by himself.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
For the first time ever, he had to win on the road in the playoffs.. and it’s the first season in NFL history there’s no home field advantage.

He’s just had to show up and they’re in the NFC Championship. He’s really great. But is also really lucky.

:facepalm:

For starters, his last SB as a Patriot was earned by beating the Chiefs in Kansas City for the AFC title. He's also won a CCG in Pittsburgh, so that's twice just off the top of my head.

Brady has never lost a playoff game to the Steelers, a fact that amuses me.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Looks like NFC will be wide open once Brady, Rodgers, Brees retire.Thats when we move our chips and go all in to get a couple of Super bowl wins/appearances.

Till then, NFC Championship game might be our ceiling.

Tom Brady was a senior in high school the last time Dallas played in the NFC championship game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like NFC will be wide open once Brady, Rodgers, Brees retire.Thats when we move our chips and go all in to get a couple of Super bowl wins/appearances.

Till then, NFC Championship game might be our ceiling.
Obviously NFC teams can get to the Super Bowl, and have gotten to the Super Bowl, even while Rogers and Brees ave been playing. Those guys are not in the Super Bowl every year. As for Brady, I think it's a bit premature to suggest he can't be beaten after just one season in Tampa, and at 43 years old. That's not to say beating him would be an easy task, but I don't buy the notion that it can't be done.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh, is that why Jerry has had all this piss poor teams all this time. 25 years.... Waiting for those QBs to retire so he can go in for the kill and grab all those SB trophies he has wanted. LOL, that sly old rascal.... i knew he wasn't that big of an idiot all along. So sorry Jerry ... my sincere apologies.
well add farve and warner and few others to list and it all starts to add up :thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Obviously NFC teams can get to the Super Bowl, and have gotten to the Super Bowl, even while Rogers and Brees ave been playing. Those guys are not in the Super Bowl every year. As for Brady, I think it's a bit premature to suggest he can't be beaten after just one season in Tampa, and at 43 years old. That's not to say beating him would be an easy task, but I don't buy the notion that it can't be done.
Well rodgers did knock out cowboys twice in 3 year period, 2014-16 in the div round.
Dallas cant or wont be in the playoffs every year either. that all happened with landry and different owner and GM.
But in the few years dallas gets in, Brees., if he keeps going, rodgers, Brady, the rams, now arizona, SF, and possibly atl and ryan, are all teams that could
and probably would knock dallas out of playoffs.

Sure Brady has always been beatable, even when younger, but not by a clown/circus team like dallas.

As much as I like Brady, the win yesterday with NO, that was a team win, and Brady did his part, and I think his winner attitude and philosophys
rub off on the other team mates so they play thier best and have a more positive attitude, which will get stronger now they have experienced
this season getting to nfc championship game. last year losers and no playoffs, brady comes in and now nfc championship game ! That is a huge
difference, and it isnt all about how brady actually plays, it is the mental effect too he has on his team mates.

ultron

Reaction score
So the strategy is to wait until Brady retires before we try to win a super bowl?

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
This is like stocks/poker. You build your portfolio and get ready and pull the trigger when there is an opportunity. Currently, we didnt have a chance this season or do we next year.

Should draft some defense and go all in 2-3 years from now by signing free agents.

We need Defense and OLine in the draft next year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well rodgers did knock out cowboys twice in 3 year period, 2014-16 in the div round.
Dallas cant or wont be in the playoffs every year either. that all happened with landry and different owner and GM.
But in the few years dallas gets in, Brees., if he keeps going, rodgers, Brady, the rams, now arizona, SF, and possibly atl and ryan, are all teams that could
and probably would knock dallas out of playoffs.

Sure Brady has always been beatable, even when younger, but not by a clown/circus team like dallas.

As much as I like Brady, the win yesterday with NO, that was a team win, and Brady did his part, and I think his winner attitude and philosophys
rub off on the other team mates so they play thier best and have a more positive attitude, which will get stronger now they have experienced
this season getting to nfc championship game. last year losers and no playoffs, brady comes in and now nfc championship game ! That is a huge
difference, and it isnt all about how brady actually plays, it is the mental effect too he has on his team mates.

I didn't say beating a Rodgers led team was an easy thing to do, but given how incredibly close both those games were I don't see how anyone can say those games couldn't have gone the other way. The Dez play going the other way in the first one, or the Cowboys having just a slightly better defense in the second one … who knows.

Plus, the Packers didn't even get to the playoffs in 2017 or 2018, so it isn't even a lock that the road has to go through Rodgers every year anyway.

As for all those teams you mentioned likely knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs in the future, the outlook of the future changes all the time, and how things are today may not be how they are next year, or the year after.

* The 49ers went from a Super Bowl runner up to 6-10 in one season.
* The Rams went from Super Bowl runner up to missing the playoffs the next year.
* The Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017 and haven't had double digit wins since, and were 4-11-1 this year.
* The Packers had losing records and missed the playoffs 2 straight years (2017 & 2018) and are back in the playoffs now.
* The Saints went through 3 straight losing seasons (2014-2016) before picking the pace back up.
* The Ravens won the SB in 2012, then missed the playoffs 4 of the next 5 years.

basel90

Reaction score
I was thinking about this same thing, but we dont have near the defensive talent that TB does. They built around having special LBs and interior lineman and ours are pretty much the worst in the league.
very true, but i think brady would have elevated the ones around him ,. unlike dak , who is full of excuses the last 3 years/

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
very true, but i think brady would have elevated the ones around him ,. unlike dak , who is full of excuses the last 3 years/
He couldn't have elevated the defense. It was just bad. I think the Cowboys could have done well without Brady if Dak would have stayed healthy and the defense was better, but neither turned out to be the case.

basel90

Reaction score
Why do people assume Brady even wanted to come to Dallas? To play for Jerry Jones? To play for an OC who knows less than him? :muttley:

He doesn't need the Cowboys. He's a brand by himself.
no assurance indeed. but worth a try . this franchise has to start thinking out of the box. if jerry and stephen wanted brady , they would have charmed him and got him signed. but they were too distracted with the legend in the making ( joke) called dak. whom we know has serious limiations even if the team has no injuries. we have seen that movie the past 3 years.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I thought the target was for jerry and stephen to pass on and little pizza face to take over, or was it for the hag girl with the jerry face to take over. dang this is confusion.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I wanted this to happen so badly, but it's an unfair comparison. You're assuming that he would have stayed healthy. Well, if Dak stayed healthy then the Cowboys clearly win the division and make some noise in the playoffs. I say push.
Thats a fair statement.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Brady was a senior in high school the last time Dallas played in the NFC championship game.
Tony Romo was 15 the last time the Cowboys won a divisional playoff game. Dak was 2. Perspective.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
12 of the 16 NFC teams have been to the Super Bowl since 2000. Brady or Rodgers hadn’t prevented them.

Our barrier is within our own dysfunctional organization and why we are least likely to return to a Super Bowl.

Im commanding our fans to storm the Star and take our franchise back. Lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I didn't say beating a Rodgers led team was an easy thing to do, but given how incredibly close both those games were I don't see how anyone can say those games couldn't have gone the other way. The Dez play going the other way in the first one, or the Cowboys having just a slightly better defense in the second one … who knows.

Plus, the Packers didn't even get to the playoffs in 2017 or 2018, so it isn't even a lock that the road has to go through Rodgers every year anyway.

As for all those teams you mentioned likely knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs in the future, the outlook of the future changes all the time, and how things are today may not be how they are next year, or the year after.

* The 49ers went from a Super Bowl runner up to 6-10 in one season.
* The Rams went from Super Bowl runner up to missing the playoffs the next year.
* The Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017 and haven't had double digit wins since, and were 4-11-1 this year.
* The Packers had losing records and missed the playoffs 2 straight years (2017 & 2018) and are back in the playoffs now.
* The Saints went through 3 straight losing seasons (2014-2016) before picking the pace back up.
* The Ravens won the SB in 2012, then missed the playoffs 4 of the next 5 years.
I agree, it is hard to stay a good team, and it depends on how good the other teams in your div are.