We should target Superbowl after Brady retires

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys futility this era is more about what we don’t have than what our opponents have.

Remember since our last championship appearance in 1995 13 out of 16 teams have made it.

And 12 teams in NFC have made the Super Bowl since 2000.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Brady would have never gone to a team like Dallas. No defense is a poor calling card for an aging vet like Brady who wants rings more than cash. He would have never been interested in coming here. Period.

In 2019 Bucs went 7-9 with a quarterback that threw 30 interceptions. Cowboys went 8-8 with 4,751 yards passing, 30 tds and 11 ints, and 2153 yards rushing, 18 rushing tds with a 4.8 ypc.

Bucs were a more balanced team, which is the type of team Brady can do great things with. But even he would have had a tough time quarterbacking a team that has the 31st ranked defense and an offensive line that played mostly backups all year....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Brady is going to leave a tremendous void in his wake once he does decide to hang them up. I don't think there is or ever has been a better player, teammate or rival. The man just does it all the right way.

2 class acts. This is what’s great about the NFL and sports. Too bad more isn’t made out of how well guys like this represent the league.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
While I agree , all 4 have far better defenses than Dak does................

Very true. And all 4 have far better coaching as well.

While Dak doesn’t make the cut for the Big 4, he’s definitely in the next group after those guys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted this to happen so badly, but it's an unfair comparison. You're assuming that he would have stayed healthy. Well, if Dak stayed healthy then the Cowboys clearly win the division and make some noise in the playoffs. I say push.

The team was 1-3 and losing to the Giants when he got injured. So, might want to back up on the "noise in the playoffs" wishful thought.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
We should have signed Brady and let Dak walk and saved our cap money . We would have been in the NFC championship game or beyond , and no Dak drama or 40 mil BS A year
Can you imagine having a 43 year old statue behind that make shift line we rolled our week after week? Brady might have been able to get this team a division title, but we would have gone one and done in the playoffs.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Chiefs if healthy will run over both the Packers and Bucs. The 49ers last year were a much better team than either of these 2.

If Dallas stays healthy and adds a couple pieces they could earn the right to be the sacrificial lamb to the Chiefs.

The NFL is becoming a lot like the NBA. There’s one great team: KC and a bunch of good teams fighting for 2nd.

No one is in the Chiefs league when Mahomes is healthy.
Packers have the offense to keep pace with Mahomes and the Chiefs. The big question mark is will Mahomes be healthy. Buffalo is a challenge for the regardless, but if Mahomes can't play then Buff wins the AFC Championship. I'm sure Mahomes will play, but I'd be holding my breath every play if I were a KC fan. You know they will be hitting him a little extra hard every chance they get.

cern

Reaction score
brady went to tampa because of bruce arians. tom does truly understand the value of a good hc.

basel90

Reaction score
with this defense?

behind this oline?

:huh:
yes . brady makes them all better. and doesn't need perfection around him like dak. Heck , dak had a perfect OL ,. WR , RB combo and failed . but the Politics and policcally correct media is nauseating. Just look at the post about mahomes contract. The cap hit this year was only 10 million . Someone posted an amazing analysis . Nowhere is there an impact like many are calling for dak .

basel90

Reaction score
Can you imagine having a 43 year old statue behind that make shift line we rolled our week after week? Brady might have been able to get this team a division title, but we would have gone one and done in the playoffs.
well it is a far better situation than 6-10 and no playoffs; plus a lot cheaper

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFCCG the ceiling? They haven't won a division game in 25 years.

Brady is in the NFCCG because he went to a better team with coaching and talent. Rodgers is in the NFCCG because they upgraded their coaching and defense.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
We should have signed Brady and let Dak walk and saved our cap money . We would have been in the NFC championship game or beyond , and no Dak drama or 40 mil BS A year

I was thinking about this same thing, but we dont have near the defensive talent that TB does. They built around having special LBs and interior lineman and ours are pretty much the worst in the league.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Brady is way too smart to come to Dallas.

He makes excellent decisions.

The NFL is all about the QB. The 4 best are still playing: Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Rogers.

Yeah Brady wont come here because the front office are fools and Dak is still here for the same reason.