We should try to get Gardner Minshew

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I like minshew and fully support this. But the eagles wouldnt do anything to help the cowboys and hurt themselves in the process. Unless they have a good 3rd string backup and get a 3rd rounder.

kskboys

Reaction score
I say let Rush have the keys for a bit. He played well against the Vikings last year, and he can't possibly look any worse than Dak did last night. This season is likely doomed anyway unless we somehow turn into the 2000 Ravens so what the heck...let him have his shot.

For those of you that deluded yourselves into believing that Dak was good enough to take us deep into the playoffs without a legit #1 WR or the best running game in the league...soooorrrrry.

Rush being back there may actually force the coaches into developing a gameplan that focuses on the run instead of trying to prove that Dak is capable of carrying a team with his arm (psst, he can't). Maybe Rush won't check out of runs as much...who knows, might be a good thing.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Yes, he can.

1 game player evaluations are wrong the majority of the time.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's far from a guarantee the front office gets it right.
Of course, but that's irrelevant. As a fan, you want to win. To win, you must have good/great players. Whether they get it right or not changes nothing as far as wanting better players.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Of course, but that's irrelevant. As a fan, you want to win. To win, you must have good/great players. Whether they get it right or not changes nothing as far as wanting better players.
I'm never hoping for a tank, that's silly to me.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Booger looking for a QB:

"Hello, Ryan Fitzpatrick. This is Jerry Jones. Yeah, the guy who owns the Dallas Cowboys.Listen, what you doing this Sunday?"

mmohican29

Reaction score
I think we should sign Grier into action and install him as the starter and roll with it.

Treading water is unlikely so let's mine for gold instead.

Doke

Reaction score
Forget Minshew go get Taylor Heincke. He is one of the best in the league at escapability is smart guy so can pick up the playbook fast and plays like he is in the back yard which we need with these WRs. I think he makes a mil a season so he is cheap.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Minshew is a bad long term answer. At this point I would rather just roll with what we have and if we are dreadful which I fully expect we can look forward to the draft and if we somehow win games then when Dak is back after the buy we might make a run…

Creeper

Reaction score
Let's stop with the QB trade talk. There is no point in giving away precious draft capital for a QB when this team needs so much more.

Last night was saw all the Cowboys weaknesses exploited by a well prepared football team. The Cowboys were short of quality receivers. The offensive lines is banged up and getting more banged up. The lack of a pass rush from anyone not named Micah Parsons. A secondary that gives up big plays. And a play caller who doesn't have good instincts.

The Cowboys weakened their roster in the offseason and it showed. It is puzzling to me why they did it but it was clear they were not trying to improve of 2021.

Now they are missing Michael Gallup, James Washington, Tyron Smith, Jayron Kearse, and Dak Prescott who were all projected starters. This was going to be a down year before Dak got hurt. Now we just have to watch the Cowboys young guys play and see who shows talent before the 2023 draft.

I will say this. Dak's contract is up in 2024, if I were Jerry I would be looking for his replacement in the upcoming draft.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
You generally find your backup QB in the offseason. Trying to trade for some scrub is like trying to buy a fire extinguisher on Amazon when your house just caught fire. Too late.
Let's stop with the QB trade talk. There is no point in giving away precious draft capital for a QB when this team needs so much more.

Last night was saw all the Cowboys weaknesses exploited by a well prepared football team. The Cowboys were short of quality receivers. The offensive lines is banged up and getting more banged up. The lack of a pass rush from anyone not named Micah Parsons. A secondary that gives up big plays. And a play caller who doesn't have good instincts.

The Cowboys weakened their roster in the offseason and it showed. It is puzzling to me why they did it but it was clear they were not trying to improve of 2021.

Now they are missing Michael Gallup, James Washington, Tyron Smith, Jayron Kearse, and Dak Prescott who were all projected starters. This was going to be a down year before Dak got hurt. Now we just have to watch the Cowboys young guys play and see who shows talent before the 2023 draft.

I will say this. Dak's contract is up in 2024, if I were Jerry I would be looking for his replacement in the upcoming draft.

All of this. Dak isn't the guy after this contract.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
On second thought, screw it. Start the practice squad, bench the starters trade off some players and pull a Jimmy Johnson. Screw it.

mldardy

Reaction score
provide absolute, unequivocal proof or stop posting forever.
Based on the responses in this thread YOU created. YOU need to stop posting forever. You are one of these people that live in some dream world that thinks a career backup is going to perform miracles. Gardner Minshew sucks, get over it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mldardy

Reaction score
He has been good when he starts. He is better then cooper rush.
He's 8-14 as a starter and he isn't going to make this team any better. He's a career backup. There's a reason he is not starting. He's not good. I don't care that you think he's better than Cooper Rush. My mom is better than Cooper Rush. That doesn't mean she should be a starting QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
On second thought, screw it. Start the practice squad, bench the starters trade off some players and pull a Jimmy Johnson. Screw it.
Prolly wouldn't be a bad idea, just keep Parsons!!!!

Reactions: G2