We should try to get Gardner Minshew

kskboys

Reaction score
Let's stop with the QB trade talk. There is no point in giving away precious draft capital for a QB when this team needs so much more.

Last night was saw all the Cowboys weaknesses exploited by a well prepared football team. The Cowboys were short of quality receivers. The offensive lines is banged up and getting more banged up. The lack of a pass rush from anyone not named Micah Parsons. A secondary that gives up big plays. And a play caller who doesn't have good instincts.

The Cowboys weakened their roster in the offseason and it showed. It is puzzling to me why they did it but it was clear they were not trying to improve of 2021.

Now they are missing Michael Gallup, James Washington, Tyron Smith, Jayron Kearse, and Dak Prescott who were all projected starters. This was going to be a down year before Dak got hurt. Now we just have to watch the Cowboys young guys play and see who shows talent before the 2023 draft.

I will say this. Dak's contract is up in 2024, if I were Jerry I would be looking for his replacement in the upcoming draft.
Well said.

Oh, and we still can't stop the run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Booger on the phone.
Stephen on the phone in the next room.
"Hello, Andrew Luck. This is Stephen Jones. Yeah, my dad owns the Dallas Cowboys.Listen, what you doing this Sunday?"
"Hello, Mr Manziel. This is Stephen Jones. Yeah, my dad owns the Dallas Cowboys.Listen, what you doing this Sunday?"
"Hello, Cam Newton. This is Stephen Jones. Yeah, my dad owns the Dallas Cowboys.Listen, what you doing this Sunday?"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Silly works, but only w/ wise choices. Jimmy did it brilliantly. MIA looks pretty good from tanking.
The front office hasn't adjusted to the salary cap era yet.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like minshew and fully support this. But the eagles wouldnt do anything to help the cowboys and hurt themselves in the process. Unless they have a good 3rd string backup and get a 3rd rounder.

Yep. The worst thing Jerry can do right now is get on the phone with a GM way smarter than him and get fleeced. In fact, somebody needs to pull Howie Roseman's contact info from Jerry's rolodex asap.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Even worse. They haven't learned football yet.
Football? They're more concern with their power hungry titles.
"Owner, President and General Manager" and "Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President and Director of Player Personnel."

I encourage them to delegate 98% of those self given titles.

Sorry, I'm bitter.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry might see if he can get his grandkid on the team. He was a starter at some pig school.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Rush will start for 3 weeks and dak will be back in week 4 with a super sticky glove. The first 10 plays will passes when he gets back to prove he's okay.
Gorico guarantee.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
We should try to find a way to get Minshew. Dude has done nothing but produce on the field. Maybe we can arrange for an out of division team to trade for him, and then we get him from them
Minshew is not going to get us to an SB with this FO.
Our only hope is drafting one with genuine 1st round talent.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We should try to find a way to get Minshew. Dude has done nothing but produce on the field. Maybe we can arrange for an out of division team to trade for him, and then we get him from them
We should have last year. Getting him for a 6th was a steal. One of the best backups in the league

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I don't think he is advocating for Minshew to replace Prescott
I understand that.
The problem is we don't have a QB on the roster that can overcome the inadequacies of this FO when it comes to building a team.
The only option is to try and draft one who might have the ability (and I'm not sure there would ever be one who could).
To do that you would need a very high draft pick, so why try and win one or two extra games with Minshew when at best we would be one and done in the playoffs again?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, hello no! we may as well try to get a former MVP like Cam Newton. :rolleyes:

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Bruh……I been wanting him for a couple years now. I don’t know why he isn’t a starter SOMEWHERE……he’s better than a few starters, I think he would be good on a decent team.