We still need a backup qb for 2017

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
There just isn't that much around. Sanchise and Moore...probably will be hired again next year! There's Hoyer or Schaub...are they any better? Fitzpatrick is making, what, 12,000,000 plus!! Maybe, its better with the devil you know. He puked us all out against the Eagles...but, he didn't have too much to work with and not much playing time this year. I'm not making any excuses...but what are the real viable options?
Good points and reasonable questions. Let me see who's gonna be available. Might be a short list of candidates

BoysWin

Reaction score
No joke, I can't imagine going into next year with Sanchez as the back up. If Romo leaves. ..then what?

What real options do we have?

Only acceptable Trade of Romo is gaining a player back of simar value, say CB and/or DE. I like CB/Bradley Robey in Denver. Add Trevor Sieman for the future backup and DAL sweetens Romo trade with a 6th Rdr and I make this trade.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Moore is a turnover machine just like Sanchez. He's going to earn the nickname "Mr Pick 6" if he has to play an extended period of time. I've never seen a QB stare down his WR's as much as he does. I think we can do better either in the draft or FA.....
Your bias against Moore is so bad, I'm not sure you ain't getting paid to do it. Spend it well, good for you.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
My opinion is that we need a backup who's style is similar to Dak. A QB who can scramble and run play action. If I were the GM, I would be looking at QBs in the draft who are similar to Dak. That way you don't have to change the offense. Clemson QB Deshaun Watson and Tenn QB Dobbs would be my top two choices, Dobbs being the guy I would target and he wouldn't be a day 1 selection.

Jameil Showers might be the guy if he can take a step forward after a year of practicing.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Your bias against Moore is so bad, I'm not sure you ain't getting paid to do it. Spend it well, good for you.

Yeah, I don't get the Moore hate.

If we are gong to praise Linehan and his handling of scheming and developing Dak and Zeke and the offensive production in general, he should get the benefit of the doubt on his support and belief in Moore.

If it's good enough for him - then it's good enough for me for now.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I don't get the Moore hate.

If we are gong to praise Linehan and his handling of scheming and developing Dak and Zeke and the offensive production in general, he should get the benefit of the doubt on his support and belief in Moore.

If it's good enough for him - then it's good enough for me for now.
Linehan was a big part of the reason they drafted Dak. The scouts actually had another available QB rated high on their board but they took Dak because Linehan and Wilson "stood on the table" in favor of Dak.

As you indicated, Linehan also really likes Moore.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Tony isn't gone yet.

I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a first.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Tony isn't gone yet.

I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a first.
Put yourself in the place of a gm/owner.
Would you give up a 1st for a geezer? Expensive. Fragile. Rusty. Never been to the big dance.
I'd love and feel fortunate for a 3.