We still need a backup qb for 2017

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Eh, just gimme whoever can continue to help mentor Dak. We just have to hope that Dak is durable like Russell Wilson
.......And he doesn't get married and get fat!

Fatty McFat Fat..........

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Is it possible to get past this season before starting up next season threads? Sorry, but Sanchez is not in the mix and none of us know if Romo might not be here next season. Which would mean the back-up is solid.

Seems the order of business is winning four games straight. Let next year take care of itself.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No joke, I can't imagine going into next year with Sanchez as the back up. If Romo leaves. ..then what?

What real options do we have?

Cowboys will have to address it in the off season. I still fully expect that Dallas will have to part with Romo they will not pay a backup 24.5 million that would be insane. who will fill the spot? who will be out there? just have to wait and see until then enjoy the ride today

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Tyrod Taylor is going to be cut loose from the Bills, but I don't think he'd accept an offer to be a backup.

Personally I wouldn't mind someone like Matt Schaub, who I believe is a FA after this season. I want the backup to be someone who has experience and doesn't suck too hard. Sanchez sucks hard.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
kellen moore has the confidence of the offensive coordinator and at this point, I'm thinking the OC deserves the benefit of the doubt

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Kellen Moore is a serviceable backup QB. I'll worry about next season, next season. For now I'm enjoying this ride through the playoffs and hopefully into a Super Bowl in Houston.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I hear Johnny Manziel is available :muttley:

Haha. Saw him get kicked out of a bar over Christmas. He also had a Sprite bottle, which may or may not have contained "purple drank".

Refused to pay the 10$ cover... then drove away in a Bentley.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'd draft someone 4th or later and keep Sanchez or Moore to help develop him. Sanchez probably has the edge as he's got a lot of history in the league that can benefit the young guys

ksadler1

Reaction score
Kellen Moore is a serviceable backup QB. I'll worry about next season, next season. For now I'm enjoying this ride through the playoffs and hopefully into a Super Bowl in Houston.

Moore is a turnover machine just like Sanchez. He's going to earn the nickname "Mr Pick 6" if he has to play an extended period of time. I've never seen a QB stare down his WR's as much as he does. I think we can do better either in the draft or FA.....

CCBoy

Reaction score
:) What, we haven't learned anything yet? Use a fourth round pick!:thumbup:

haleyrules

Reaction score
There just isn't that much around. Sanchise and Moore...probably will be hired again next year! There's Hoyer or Schaub...are they any better? Fitzpatrick is making, what, 12,000,000 plus!! Maybe, its better with the devil you know. He puked us all out against the Eagles...but, he didn't have too much to work with and not much playing time this year. I'm not making any excuses...but what are the real viable options?