We traded a Top 5 pick for a WR

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Dak is terrible if you just use him as a pocket passer and don’t utilize his legs. And for whatever reason they seem hell bent on trying to make him a pocket passer.
I agree there... Stephen Jones needs to take the bumpers off.

kskboys

Reaction score
Successful teams dont force picks, they either take what the draft gives them or makes shrewd moves to get areas of need. Saying 6 months before the draft you were going to draft a WR in the first round anyway might top the list of stupid remarks of this FO, quite an accomplishment.
Come on now, you are way off.

Jerry has said a lot stooooopider stuff than that!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't even make the top 10!!!!!

"You don't need a good OL if your QB is mobile"

"DLine? We don't need to draft DLine". (circa 2012)

Sydla

Reaction score
You could have taken the Top 5 pick and even traded it garnering more picks to fill holes.

But our idiot GM once again overvalued our roster thinking a WR was the difference.

The press should skewer him for it. But they won’t.

TheHerd

Reaction score
We will lose at least four of the next five putting us at 4-9, in line for a Top 5 pick.

And our doofus of a GM traded it for a WR.

This is what happens when you panic and make an emotional decision.

But we'll win 2 of the last 3, making it pick 8. And giving Jerry hope that Red turned it around.

kskboys

Reaction score
We are rebuilding again and we were not one player away from being able to compete for the division. But jerry never says we are rebuilding.
If we'd have just rebuilt in the early 2000's, we wouldn't be into 20+ years of mediocrity.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We will lose at least four of the next five putting us at 4-9, in line for a Top 5 pick.

And our doofus of a GM traded it for a WR.

This is what happens when you panic and make an emotional decision.

Whoever the Raiders take with our pick, will be my new favorite player. I may even get a Cowboys jersey with his name and number.

Sydla

Reaction score
I bet a new HC would have loved a chance to draft Ed Oliver or Ferrell from Clemson.

Oh well. We have a WR. And no QB to throw it to him.

RS12

Reaction score
Come on now, you are way off.

Jerry has said a lot stooooopider stuff than that!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't even make the top 10!!!!!

"You don't need a good OL if your QB is mobile"

"DLine? We don't need to draft DLine". (circa 2012)
Instances where he was obviously talking out his rear end dont count. He was serious in this case.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Cooper is good,but the trade wasn’t worth it. Not for a team like this.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Cooper is a good WR man, i would have made that trade....

I think its a smart move personally, it doesnt give Dak or Garrett any excuses....our next coach and QB will love Cooper
I keep waiting on that long list of first round wide receivers better than Cooper I guess I'll keep waiting

iamliko22

Reaction score
I definitely think that was part of it. The problem is when you find out you don’t, you’re even one step further behind.

Yup.. Pretty clear now.. Maybe a trade back next year for two firsts the following.. Would be a great qb. .For a new coach.. Dream scenario.. .And we blew it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Instances where he was obviously talking out his rear end dont count. He was serious in this case.
Ah, I got that one, you are referring to Jerry's "**********"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize to the mods. I was not aware that we could not quote Jerry from a public quote. Truly sorry, guys.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yes naming exceptions to the rule is helping you....oh wait no it isn't.
Ok then, off the cuff let's keep going -

Russel Wilson
Drew Brees
Kurt Warner
Bart Starr
Brett Favre
Joe Montana
Roger Staubach
Joe Thiesmann
Johnny Unitas