We traded a Top 5 pick for a WR

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Successful teams dont force picks, they either take what the draft gives them or makes shrewd moves to get areas of need. Saying 6 months before the draft you were going to draft a WR in the first round anyway might top the list of stupid remarks of this FO, quite an accomplishment.

No argument here. They had no idea where their pick would land. Impossible to plan like this and show such desperation at a position to have that kind of thinking.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Ok then, off the cuff let's keep going -

Russel Wilson
Drew Brees
Kurt Warner
Bart Starr
Brett Favre
Joe Montana
Roger Staubach
Joe Thiesmann
Johnny Unitas
This is embarrassing.

How about this for an experiment. Go look at every starting QB in the league today. How many are first rounders?

Now go look at the NFL draft. What percent of picks occur in the first round?

If the light bulb doesn't go off..... it never will.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

eastsideboy

Reaction score
There are several that might be. However, the true argument is that a WR was not going to fix what ails us. And it didn't.
the team is basically complete outside of tight end and maybe free safety and maybe QB where else do you add ? By the way I agree we need major coaching changes

RS12

Reaction score
No argument here. They had no idea where their pick would land. Impossible to plan like this and show such desperation at a position to have that kind of thinking.
Yes but a competent FO might. J Ville this year was like KC last year, gave em a stilted view.

Sydla

Reaction score
the team is basically complete outside of tight end and maybe free safety and maybe QB where else do you add ? By the way I agree we need major coaching changes

LOL.

Basically complete?

They might have some OL issues. Their DTs are average. DE outside of Lawrence is average.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Verdict

Reaction score
We will lose at least four of the next five putting us at 4-9, in line for a Top 5 pick.

And our doofus of a GM traded it for a WR.

This is what happens when you panic and make an emotional decision.

That ship has sailed. Lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
3 years ago.

But I am not surprised you think it was a great trade.
I'm not surprised your reading comprehension allowed for you to think I thought it was a great trade........

Reading is fundamental.

and the position we traded for did nothing to alleviate the problem......double hmmmmmmm......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not going to blame Cooper for the coaching or Dak or offensive line.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not surprised your reading comprehension allowed for you to think I thought it was a great trade........

Reading is fundamental.

I'm not going to blame Cooper for the coaching or Dak or offensive line.
Oh, absolutely not. I like Cooper. Good guy, good player.

The mistake was thinking the WR position would fix this. Our problems go much deeper.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
LOL.

Basically complete?

They might have some OL issues. Their DTs are average. DE outside of Lawrence is average.
think we need a complete overhaul on the head coach and offensive staff I think that would fix 90% of the problems but we still might need a QB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh, absolutely not. I like Cooper. Good guy, good player.

The mistake was thinking the WR position would fix this. Our problems go much deeper.
I don't think they thought he'd fix it but I think thought was to make their job easier.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did you see JAX in our face in the 2nd half? That's due to having a deep and talented DLine rotation. You can never have enough Dliners.