We want Dak Prescott & Get it done with less

Hadenough

Reaction score
The salary cap is not working. It's broken because the QBs are getting paid too much. No way can a team pay these QBs elite money when their not elite. It's not just Dak but it's Cousins, Watson, Jackson, Herbert. Just because it's next man up doesn't mean they deserve to be the highest paid. Until something is done
The only way to for a team to compete for a SB is to follow the 49ers blueprint. Build an elite team and draft young QBs on rookie contracts.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your wrong I was against TR second extension because of the playoffs failures just like Dak, and TR was a better QB than Dak but neither has the big games gene.
Um...sorry but that isn't quite right. If not for a handful of flops by OTHER players...Tony might have gotten some of those big games you solely blame him for.

Not like "14 free 1st half points against nobodies' Dak. At all.

starfan1

Reaction score
@starfan1 ... look who brings Tony into the conversation. It never fails.
I’m sitting here enjoying a cup of Java contemplating why the cowboys didn’t take a RB yet. I’m sick of this debate why you want to bring me into this lol.

I know AC will bring up Romo in a second just like mountaineer and pappy will bring up #4

They are the extreme side of both arguments they all can’t stand that particular player. The bigger issue IMO is when all the fringe haters/lovers chime in with likes and comments and keep it going

I am hoping once Dak is gone it will stop but I know better . There’s a high% of jagoffs in our fanbase

Present company excluded but I’ve been called a hater and I fully admit I can be as I can’t stand a good number of our own fans

To be clear I don’t hate the person but their posting style and maybe hate isn’t the right word

I guess I’m just a grumpy old man at times and I can assure you if this wasn’t social media and at a bar like the old days I’d probably have been thrown out on my arse for scrapping with someone

lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
In an interview Wednesday Jethro provided his insight to how they’re managing the Cap , what they’re waiting on to begin negotiations on Prescott and Lambs contracts and their lack of involvement in FA amongst the outpouring of criticism in offseason and speculation from no action in contract talks.

Jerry called CeeDee Lamb "one of the best players in the NFL" and was demonstrative that he wants Dak Prescott as his quarterback Tuesday afternoon. Now, it's time for the Cowboys to pay their own so that they can be proactive and better plan out their salary cap for 2025 and beyond. That would allow them to minimize the chance of having another "get it done with less" offseason.

One of the more telling remarks from the Dallas front office is what Stephen Jones admitted: "the elephant in the room is our playoff success." Rather their lack thereof, If the Cowboys had made the NFC Championship Game last season, there's a chance Prescott's extension may have been signed shortly after the Super Bowl concluded.

We feel like we can do it with this roster. ... We just feel strongly that because we have had success in the drafts. ... So our priorities have been historically because we've had success in the draft is to then pay your own. ... Now when you're talking about big contracts, like a Dak, like a CeeDee, like a Micah, those things don't happen overnight. ... When you're paying the type of money we ultimately will or would have to to keep them to a Dak, to a Micah, to a CeeDee, you want to make sure you get it right."

Prescott himself said on Friday that "real talks"have yet to happen in the negotiation process, something Jones doesn't think is a necessity to getting a deal done, essentially admitting that once the Cowboys become comfortable with the going rate for a top 12 NFL quarterback that they could get this contract done quickly.

Prescott and the Cowboys may end up getting a deal done before the start of the 2024 season simply because Jones says he is motivated to keep his three-time Pro Bowl quarterback long-term.

Surprisingly, the Jones family isn't worried Prescott's asking price could increase if other quarterbacks like the Packers' Jordan Love or the Lions' Jared Goff, also entering the final year of their current contracts, sign new deals first because of his knowledge of the NFL's financial situation.

Who in the world would think that we're not working on it?" Jerry said. "I work on it at two in the morning sometimes. What your actual question is why don't you have something done and negotiated and put in the drawer? We'd like to see some more leaves fall. We'd like to see some more action. .... "You may give money to somebody that you shouldn't have given it to. ... To say that you're not working on it or going is not the right answer. The difference is the style. It's on your mind. It'd be madness not to know that the contracts are ahead. .... You got trouble with what the timing is around here because I'm not ready to go."

Full story below..But basically Jethro is waiting it out to see “ where the leaves fall” with other Market Price deals coming up so he doesn’t over pay. All indications are still intent on resigning him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...vmEjFGudP4rJJNjDggxYNf_LT#lvgq0yvq0mm7pavaa42
Well if we actually had a successful draft last year maybe, but that did not happen at all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sitting here enjoying a cup of Java contemplating why the cowboys didn’t take a RB yet. I’m sick of this debate why you want to bring me into this lol.

I know AC will bring up Romo in a second just like mountaineer and pappy will bring up #4

They are the extreme side of both arguments they all can’t stand that particular player. The bigger issue IMO is when all the fringe haters/lovers chime in with likes and comments and keep it going

I am hoping once Dak is gone it will stop but I know better . There’s a high% of jagoffs in our fanbase

Present company excluded but I’ve been called a hater and I fully admit I can be as I can’t stand a good number of our own fans

To be clear I don’t hate the person but their posting style and maybe hate isn’t the right word

I guess I’m just a grumpy old man at times and I can assure you if this wasn’t social media and at a bar like the old days I’d probably have been thrown out on my arse for scrapping with someone

lol
Well happy Saturday morning to you, Star!

Yes...we humans know no bounds when it comes to mucking things up, even GOOD things.

I doubt if we were in the pub there'd be a need for scrapping, I'm sure most would be more well-behaved. :)

I brought it back to make it clear who just can't let Romo go. I know I wouldn't care if we never mentioned him ever again. I;d rather have THAT than this nonsense defending Dak with it.

RS12

Reaction score
The fact that that roster was completely outplayed by the Packers in the playoffs, in all phases, says a lot. To keep the ensuing big 3 contracts on the team is not a recipe for success.
Outplayed? You have to show up to be outplayed. That is the problem in a nutshell.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The salary cap is not working. It's broken because the QBs are getting paid too much. No way can a team pay these QBs elite money when their not elite. It's not just Dak but it's Cousins, Watson, Jackson, Herbert. Just because it's next man up doesn't mean they deserve to be the highest paid. Until something is done
The only way to for a team to compete for a SB is to follow the 49ers blueprint. Build an elite team and draft young QBs on rookie contracts.
The cap system is broke. THE United States is broke. If the US has a real bad recession (hint: US debt is currently at 34 trillion and climbing), the cap is going to be reduced instead of increased. Interest in big time sports and fan attendance will decrease.

Brax

Reaction score
Um...sorry but that isn't quite right. If not for a handful of flops by OTHER players...Tony might have gotten some of those big games you solely blame him for.

Don’t disagree but it’s how it works out and O don’t even remember TR throwing a player or coach under the bus bad luck but Dak creates the bad luck, around here it’s never Daks fault for some don’t forget those int’s were the WR fault and bad design by OC and a SB winning coach, it gets deeper with every Dak choke job and sadly Jerry can’t see it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry isn’t the shrewd football mastermind that he thinks he is……. And that’s the root of the organizational problem which produces nothing but flameout seasons.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outplayed? You have to show up to be outplayed. That is the problem in a nutshell.
It was way way worse than just "outplayed"...which as you say means you;d actually have to have PLAYED.

Played dead maybe.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t disagree but it’s how it works out and O don’t even remember TR throwing a player or coach under the bus bad luck but Dak creates the bad luck, around here it’s never Daks fault for some don’t forget those int’s were the WR fault and bad design by OC and a SB winning coach, it gets deeper with every Dak choke job and sadly Jerry can’t see it.
Well I somewhat agree about coaching and scheme and that included run game and defense.

However...let's for the sake of argument say coach told Dak he HAD to throw it to Ceedee ( I doubt it). Why throw it then and there? Dak can;t just be a lemming robot.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well happy Saturday morning to you, Star!

Yes...we humans know no bounds when it comes to mucking things up, even GOOD things.

I doubt if we were in the pub there'd be a need for scrapping, I'm sure most would be more well-behaved. :)

I brought it back to make it clear who just can't let Romo go. I know I wouldn't care if we never mentioned him ever again. I;d rather have THAT than this nonsense defending Dak with it.
Happy Saturday to you as well and let’s hope a rb slides way down to us as I don’t see them packaging to move up

Hopefully zeke still has a little in the tank

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
honestly i think Dak might be your hero in this...I believe Jerry when he says he wants Dak...I'm starting to think Dak may not want Jerry anymore...
Like 90 percent of the Dallas Cowboy fanbase....Good for Dak!!!!!

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The owners crested a fake illusion...their fault. Their greed is at fault.

The real players in the game would be telling their kids to go kick field goals in the wind....not telling them to be qbs

Cmac

Reaction score
.....sounds like a Fall Guy is needed for this mess.

Grenic

Reaction score
Happy Saturday to you as well and let’s hope a rb slides way down to us as I don’t see them packaging to move up

Hopefully zeke still has a little in the tank
You know he doesn't, everyone knows it