We will collapse if we don't fix the Defense

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
windward;2264169 said:
People said the same thing about Favre last year.

How'd that work out?

Farve wasn't patient. Notice the difference when Rodgers came in

If we get no pressure a patient QB will eat alive this zone defense

Nexx

Reaction score
im so sick of this Zone coverage, it can confuse bad to mediocre QB's, good ones just pick it apart.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
gazmc_06;2263171 said:
For sake, stop with the complaints. We played a great team and won....take some time to enjoy it and stop being negative all the time.

You obviously didn't get the memo.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2263115 said:
Tony Ro can only carry us so far - like a power hitting team in baseball - sooner or later good pitching will beat them and in our case that's bad news - real bad news.

We don't have the pillar of strength defense to rely on - heck we're not even the bend but don't break variety of the 90's ..we just break after we give up chunk after chunk after chunk.

Have you ever seen a softer 2ndary? have you? it's a joke - how many 14-15 yard bullets did we just give up , not even bump at the line?

If I'm Aaron Rodgers - I can't sleep , I'm salivating to play Dallas - I'm watching film and trying to control my smile - this kid is gonna light us up - he's Big , mobile and an excellent intermediate route QB - I can easily see him at 22 of 29 for 315ish easily. He won't miss WR's like McNabb did and he has a better set of weapons on the outside.

Something drastic needs to change and soon.

There is nothing wrong with the defense that a simple more agressive gameplan won't fix. Simply calling a little more man to man coverage is all that is needed and I think we will see it once Newman is back 100%. They called a very conservative defensive game last night. I hope we will see a little more agressiveness as time goes on.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Real1st;2264176 said:
Farve wasn't patient. Notice the difference when Rodgers came in

If we get no pressure a patient QB will eat alive this zone defense
We will get pressure against Rodgers, no worries there.

And it's not as if our pass defense was eaten alive by McNabb, a patient qb if there ever was one,

DALLAS D

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2263115 said:
Tony Ro can only carry us so far - like a power hitting team in baseball - sooner or later good pitching will beat them and in our case that's bad news - real bad news.

We don't have the pillar of strength defense to rely on - heck we're not even the bend but don't break variety of the 90's ..we just break after we give up chunk after chunk after chunk.

Have you ever seen a softer 2ndary? have you? it's a joke - how many 14-15 yard bullets did we just give up , not even bump at the line?

If I'm Aaron Rodgers - I can't sleep , I'm salivating to play Dallas - I'm watching film and trying to control my smile - this kid is gonna light us up - he's Big , mobile and an excellent intermediate route QB - I can easily see him at 22 of 29 for 315ish easily. He won't miss WR's like McNabb did and he has a better set of weapons on the outside.

It would be nice if we acknowledge 14 points were handed by our offense. 7 directly, and another 7 indirectly..making the defense allow 23.not stellar but not horrible

newlander

Reaction score
I tried to soothe my nerves with that rationization too DALLAS D. But deep down it just isn't working. Hey, I like our LB's and DB's: they're good enough to win with. But the dline HAS to pick it up big time:they just didn't look ready to play in the first half. Tank Johnson was MIA the whole game last night.........

anava

Reaction score
GB does scare the bee geezers out of me. They are great at the 5-7 yards pass and letting the receiver make something happen after that. As many stated we held them in check with Farve running the show last year but for some reason he got away from that and started his gun slinger crap. I think we can go blow for blow with them again but I am expecting another shoot out followed by more heart burn.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2263115 said:

troll post.....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel another "cowboyrock proclamations" poem forming...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2263115 said:

How about this defense make tackles? Credit to McNabb for being big/strong and being able to pull away from likely sacks, but the defense got the pressure with no results.

Also saw a few guys make hits, but didn't wrap up and didn't bring down the ball carrier (I won't say who, but you know who was one that put a hit on where the Eagles guy just kept going).

The defense MUST tackle better.

I was super happy to see them getting pressure on McNabb though (even though he did get away), the pressure was there. Now, let's see the 2ndary cause a turnover next week. I want some INTS!!!

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
here is the facts folks.your offense is outstanding,your defense cant stop a very good offense..when its time to play a good offense if your offense is not clicking on all cylinders you lose..Be glad you have a outstanding O!! BUT that will only take you so far!!

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Rampage;2263211 said:
our defense gave up 30 points which is too many period

Well id take off 7 more because of the horrible PI and the touchdown after it because of the obvious holding that was done on Jenkins that wasnt called. So the D gave up 23...but dont forget Romos INT that gave Philly the ball near the 20. Oh and don’t forget the great field possession the Eagles got getting the ball at midfield time and time again. No doubt the D needs to improve and i know it will.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Ok, so the Packers are going to light us up.

Pray tell, how will their DBs stop Owens, Crayton, Austin, Bennett, Witten, Barberian and Jones?

DALLAS D

Reaction score
newlander;2264890 said:
I tried to soothe my nerves with that rationization too DALLAS D. But deep down it just isn't working. Hey, I like our LB's and DB's: they're good enough to win with. But the dline HAS to pick it up big time:they just didn't look ready to play in the first half. Tank Johnson was MIA the whole game last night.........

ill give you that, but as far as cutting them down as some are posting, i think thats uncalled for. i do agree there is ALot we need to improve on. However we arent the worst defense, and newman is barley recovering, pacman is rusty as heck. I think we'll be there, we got all season. i rather win some ugly games and brush up then have any ugly game and lose it. What does enrage me is the lack of discipline on so many penalities, that im more worried about than the D. I think we are far far from colapsing though. :)

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
I can't believe people make excuses for this defense after last night's performance. That was horrid. Philly did whatever they wanted in the first half.

The defense "stepping up" in the second half was a mirage. We held them on the first drive, but they scored pretty easily on their next one and were on their way to doing it again on their following drive if not for the fumble.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Some just cannot see past the utopian world. i dont think people understand what rivalry is. i dont think people understand that a potent offense can only be stopped so much with a great orchestrator. And its game 2. Wow were 2-0 and the sky is falling. PLenty of time to fix errors. :bang2: