We will know in the upcoming offseason if this is Dak's last year

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2023 is his only Guaranteed money year which amounts to 31 million and 49 million against the Cap.
2024 he has 0 Guaranteed cash and his cap hit is 51 million.

There really is no decision here after last season's debacle that an extension is equivalent to NFL suicide.
If one is given then blow it up as the aftershock of this will be a major fan loss and a divided team in turmoil as the locker room will at some point explode!
I fear Daks going away present to the franchise that made him a very rich man will be 2 upcoming very dismal seasons for us.

Patience as we will know within the next 3 months give or take which direction our team is heading.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
2023 is his only Guaranteed money year which amounts to 31 million and 49 million against the Cap.

There really is no decision here after last season's debacle that an extension is equivalent to NFL suicide.
If one is given then blow it up as the aftershock of this will be a major fan loss and a divided team in turmoil as the locker room will at some point explode!
I fear Daks going away present to the franchise that made him a very rich man will be 2 upcoming very dismal seasons for us.

Patience as we will know within the next 3 months give or take which direction our team is heading.
Definitely something to pay close attention to.
Knowing Jerry...
Expect the not hard choice and a restructure and a 2 year extension.

Not a move I would endorse, but it is what it is.

Jayinem

Reaction score
When you're a Cowboys fan you not only have to deal with the debacle on the field every year you have to coddle Jerry's ego always. Jerry letting Dak walk would be admitting to a mistake, he doesn't like to do that. I'd be surprised if they don't extend Dak.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The simple truth is the Cowboys aren't just going to sit there and willingly take a $51M cap hit.

They just aren't. So, do what you can to brace for impact when they make a move.
Do they restructure his deal to reduce his cap hit...and get him more weapons? Or do they take the extra cap space and make the defense stronger and sure up the run game? I think the latter of the 2. I think they now know they cannot put it on him. He looked great against Tampa. But to win a Super Bowl he would have had to win 3 more games. And that just might to much to ask of him considering his ceiling.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score

But he beat at 8-9 Tampa team ….

:lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Are you and @MountaineerCowboy married or just dating?

GuitarBytes

Reaction score

He can be cut post june 1 to save 34M in 2024 but the dead money is 18M both 2024 and 2025

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can be cut post june 1 to save 34M in 2024 but the dead money is 18M both 2024 and 2025
It's a workable roster wise esp with Zeke and Smith and tagged TE leaving us and ya do not tag Pollard as HB is a dime a dozen in the draft.
Personally, this is the golden scenario and the one Jerry is pretty much forced to implement.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
When you're a Cowboys fan you not only have to deal with the debacle on the field every year you have to coddle Jerry's ego always. Jerry letting Dak walk would be admitting to a mistake, he doesn't like to do that. I'd be surprised if they don't extend Dak.
So true. The same reason we’ve never had a real GM since he’s owned the team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

They are going to give Dak an extension to lower his cap hit so other areas of the team can be improved.

The hope is that upgrading the talent around Dak will make him better.

NFL teams typically dont just give up on $100 million dollar investments, they do everything they can to salvage that player before admitting they made a mistake.

Step 1 is to get new coaches and see if they can "fix" the Qb. Both Dallas and Denver are currently doing this, both teams gave mega contracts to their Qbs and both Qbs stunk up the joint.

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t see it. Mike and company are here to win and without a QB in the wings I just don’t think it happens. They need to draft a QB however no matter the situation. The last one we drafted was Nooch and he never developed at all.