We Will, We Will Mock Ewes

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm bored, so I am playing with the Draft again. Grade it as you wish.

1. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State, 6'2", 210 pounds. He will drop due to issues with the NCAA, but there's no denying this kid's talent. Ties to Deion Sanders may shy the Cowboys away. I don't think so.

2. Ciron Black, OT, LSU, 6'5", 320.
Flo's permanent replacement arrives. Dallas loves to scout at LSU. They will know all about him. He'll rise in the Draft. For now, this is where he projects.

3. Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama, 6'6", 310.
He is big, powerful and versatile. Kosier's replacement one day and a bookend for BIGG.

4. Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State, 6'2", 215. He may choose academics over football, but not if he can play for the Cowboys. Smart and a high character guy. Actually, he's brilliant.

6. Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas, 6'0", 195.
A good candidate for returns and as a slot WR in the right system.

Devin Ross, CB, Arizona, 5'11", 180. My annual homer pick. Good CB depth and potential as a return man. Is a leader on the Cats 2009 Defense.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I think you might be right with Dez

but I like

2.NT Boo Robinson, WakeForest Height: 6-2. Weight: 326

3 OT Jason Fox, Miami

4 OG Chris Scott, Tennessee Height: 6-5. Weight: 341

6 DE Will Tukuafu, Oregon Height: 6-4. Weight: 278

7 WR – Freddie Barnes 6 #210 Bowling Green

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile;3046956 said:

1. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State, 6'2", 210 pounds. He will drop due to issues with the NCAA, but there's no denying this kid's talent. Ties to Deion Sanders may shy the Cowboys away. I don't think so.

Flo's permanent replacement arrives. Dallas loves to scout at LSU. They will know all about him. He'll rise in the Draft. For now, this is where he projects.

He is big, powerful and versatile. Kosier's replacement one day and a bookend for BIGG.

4. Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State, 6'2", 215. He may choose academics over football, but not if he can play for the Cowboys. Smart and a high character guy. Actually, he's brilliant.

A good candidate for returns and as a slot WR int he right system.

Devin Ross, CB, Arizona, 5'11", 180. My annual homer pick. Good CB depth and potential as a return man. Is a leader on the Cats 2009 Defense.

Good Lord Hos, If this draft was a female I would make love to it.

rkell87

Reaction score
Hostile;3046956 said:

2. Ciron Black, OT, LSU, 6'5", 320. Flo's permanent replacement arrives. Dallas loves to scout at LSU. They will know all about him. He'll rise in the Draft. For now, this is where he projects.

3. Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama, 6'6", 310. He is big, powerful and versatile. Kosier's replacement one day and a bookend for BIGG.

6. Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas, 6'0", 195. A good candidate for returns and as a slot WR int he right system.

7. Devin Ross, CB, Arizona, 5'11", 180. My annual homer pick. Good CB depth and potential as a return man. Is a leader on the Cats 2009 Defense.

shipley will not be in the 6th round. i would love rolle in the 4th, would be a steal. not high on black but couldnt argue taking him. but if the draft went like this i would be smiling:D

i notice not alot of people try to guess where we will rack up extra picks. im sure we trade down somewhere and pick up a few sixth rounders or so.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Great job Hos. Let me just say I would buy a Jerry Jones jersey if we walked away with this draft.

I'm not sure if your Jordan Shipley in the 6th round was a smack to all the Longhorn homers here but either way, bravo.

Ross is looking like a 4th rounder right now. I'm going to the SC/Zona game so I'll get a chance to see him in person.

How about my Trojans tonight?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
rkell87;3047095 said:
shipley will not be in the 6th round. i would love rolle in the 4th, would be a steal. not high on black but couldnt argue taking him. but if the draft went like this i would be smiling:D

i notice not alot of people try to guess where we will rack up extra picks. im sure we trade down somewhere and pick up a few sixth rounders or so.
Ranked as the 21st WR right now, and 5th to 7th round. He could rise, but I am sticking with where he is currently ranked.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3047116 said:
Great job Hos. Let me just say I would buy a Jerry Jones jersey if we walked away with this draft.

I'm not sure if your Jordan Shipley in the 6th round was a smack to all the Longhorn homers here but either way, bravo.

Ross is looking like a 4th rounder right now. I'm going to the SC/Zona game so I'll get a chance to see him in person.

How about my Trojans tonight?
Oregon is no joke and any time USC is in Oregon you guys lose. Just get used to it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;3046956 said:

2. Ciron Black, OT, LSU, 6'5", 320. Flo's permanent replacement arrives. Dallas loves to scout at LSU. They will know all about him. He'll rise in the Draft. For now, this is where he projects.

3. Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama, 6'6", 310. He is big, powerful and versatile. Kosier's replacement one day and a bookend for BIGG.

6. Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas, 6'0", 195. A good candidate for returns and as a slot WR in the right system.

7. Devin Ross, CB, Arizona, 5'11", 180. My annual homer pick. Good CB depth and potential as a return man. Is a leader on the Cats 2009 Defense.

hmmmm, im not sure how to rate this one. Bryant should go in the top 15, IMO. I am not a big fan of Ciron Black. Mike Johnson is a beast. I dont know anything about Rolle, the player. Shipley is one of my favorites. I know nothing of Ross.

I do know that if I can have any OL in the draft it would be OG Mike Iupati Idaho.

Bigdog

Reaction score
this would be a great draft but I can't see most of those guys dropping to the last spot in each round.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Shipley is going to go in the 1st 2 rounds.

I would take that draft in a second though.

But with the way the NFL is going 3 wide so much you need a great slot receiver like Shipley.

Not to mention his return abilities.

I don't know who has him ranked 21st but they are out of their minds.

Bizwah

Reaction score
What's our situation with DL?

I know Spears is an UFA. I think Hatcher is a FA (not sure if he's unrestricted or not). Siavii has played well....but I think an upgrade behind Ratliff is a good idea.

I would try to draft a player like Ohgbaassee (however you spell his name) from Duke in the third.

The Realist

Reaction score
From what I've seen we're good at WR.

You draft the Dez's and Shipley's a few years back.......

And Miles is doing his thing in Miami vs for us.

Ogletree looks like he has something.....

Don't bury it behind behind Dez and another guy who WILL go in 2nd-3rd round.

Ken Hamlin looks look Ed Reed/Darren Sharper combined next to Myron Rolle.

Makes no plays.

I like Black (at guard).

Like Mike Johnson, but I think we are good at OG with Brewster in last year's draft.......I take a G/C combo later in draft (the OG at Clemson or the C at ND).

Trade out of one and take Jason Fox OT Miami and Robert Johnson FS Utah as our first two picks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Realist;3051148 said:
From what I've seen we're good at WR.

You draft the Dez's and Shipley's a few years back.......

And Miles is doing his thing in Miami vs for us.

Ogletree looks like he has something.....

Don't bury it behind behind Dez and another guy who WILL go in 2nd-3rd round.

Ken Hamlin looks look Ed Reed/Darren Sharper combined next to Myron Rolle.

Makes no plays.

I like Black (at guard).

Like Mike Johnson, but I think we are good at OG with Brewster in last year's draft.......I take a G/C combo later in draft (the OG at Clemson or the C at ND).

Trade out of one and take Jason Fox OT Miami and Robert Johnson FS Utah as our first two picks.

I agree....

We have a lot invested at receiver already and Miles is looking like he is going to get a hefty deal at the end of the season.

We're still paying TO too. So I doubt we go after any receivers.

If it were me i'd look at more Secondary help. Cant have enough of those guys.

Offensive Tackle.

Nose Tackle.

Or Brandon Spikes if he is available.

This is a year Dallas should trade up from 32 IMO.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I love the draft, I just don't think it's too realistic. I don't think Dez will drop a spot in the draft, and I see him going in the top 12. I think your way off on Shipley too, and see he and Golden Tate as the top two receivers off the board in the second round. They both just bring too much to the table with their return ability as well as receiving ability. They're too safe to drop that far. Love the Mike Johnson pick, but again I see him as the top OG in the draft, the first guard taken, and taken in the second round. Prove me wrong though, because i'd love it.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3046956 said:

A good candidate for returns and as a slot WR in the right system.

The only pick I like is Rolle. I'll give it a C. I think you addressed some positions but not all went to much with the WR. I also felt you drafted some positions to early. Mainly WR. Actually I just don't like the WR or OT you selected nor the guard pick. Or Shippley. *meh* I guess it should be lower than a C but Myron Rolle is a really good pick in the 4th steal of the draft IMO.

The Realist

Reaction score
IF I draft a WR..........I take a raw athlete late and groom him up ala Austin/Ogletree.

Taylor Price Ohio University.....6-1/210 4.36.

But it really looks like we'd be drafting WR #4-6.

Not a first day need.......I wouldn't even touch WR in first 4 rounds.

RW, Miles, Crayton, Ogletree, possibly Hurd.

We could see the light come on for Hurd/Ogletree rest of this year.

Could see light come on for Oklhoma kid we drafted in 7 come on in camp next year.

I love the way we have addressed WR with their being at least a 50% bust ratio in the first round.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I'll agree with the people saying we don't need to spend another first rounder on a WR, but at the same time Dez Bryant is a once in every 10 year reciever. I highly doubt we pick him since the emergence of Miles Austin. Dez isn't really a slot reciever nor is Miles. We all know how much we have invested in RW so he isn't going anywhere.

I do think we need a Desean Jackson type reciever who can handle the PR/KR/slot reciever for the future. Mardy Gilyard is the perfect candidate.

The LT and OG positions are pretty deep this year and can be found in rounds 2-4.