We won, but playoff chances still hurt in "process"

JBond

Reaction score
Well, it's the bed we made........just keep winning and finish strong. I do think the firing Garrett fans can put their poster away (LOL).
I was with you right up to the the last sentence. The same guy that can't figure out how to get an older more mature Dez open?

toto1939

Reaction score
With Wentz injury, looks like Eagles will more likely be putting 100% effort into that last game since it is more likely to mean something...which in turn diminishes our chances

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
With Wentz injury, looks like Eagles will more likely be putting 100% effort into that last game since it is more likely to mean something...which in turn diminishes our chances

Lol.. Without Wentz it diminishes our chances? I think not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why does Atlanta have to lose twice? Can we still get in if they don’t?

SacredStar

Reaction score
Getting into the playoffs is fools gold.
Now if the Packers by some divine intervention makes it into the final wildcard spot with a healthy Aaron Rodgers will win the Super Bowl.

That would be a nightmare scenario. Rodgers is back next week against Carolina. I was hoping GB would lose one of the last 2 games which would have hurt their chances bad. But then they happened to get cupcake opponents and barely beat them. Now the NFL poster child is back and I feel they have a great chance. Everything they needed to happen has happened to put them in a good situation.

Darkhound

Reaction score
We did our part and won thanks to some big plays late in the game.

But GB, Detroit, Carolina all won, Atlanta won Thursday night.
So now at least if Seattle loses it helps. But chances really look even less likely.

Still need losses by GB and Detroit, 2 losses by Atlanta and Seattle.

GB and Detroit play each other, so one is out, but the other will still need a loss.
Or Carolina needs 2 losses as well, and they play GB & Atlanta.

Too much to get into right now.
Only a silly naive fan would have hopes for the playoffs.. JESUS.. .how are still some people still hopeful for this PATHETIC garbage of a team

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, them playing without their starting QB really makes things tough on us.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Yes but their QB will be Nick Foles so there's that.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
What we NEED to happen at this point

Week 15
GB @ CAR: No matter what we win, a loss by GB helps more immediately, because it more or less finishes them, but a loss by CAR helps as well. However, if GB wins next week against Minnesota, we have almost no real shot at the playoffs.
LAR @ SEA: Must win for the Rams if we are to make the playoffs. 3 way tie breakers just aren't are friend, not to mention, if we win out, and SEA loses, they have 7 loses.

Week 16
SEA @ DAL: Obviously a win by us
ATL @ NO: Need the Saints to knock ATL down to loss #6
TB @ CAR: Kinda a win/win. If CAR somehow loss, it could create a win and we're in scenario for week 17, however, if CAR wins, they are alive for the division heading into week 17 against the Falcons.

Week 17
CAR @ ATL: Need Carolina here
GB @ DET: Detroit has a pretty soft schedule outside of this, and if Aaron Rodgers doesn't play, they could be the 10-6 to sneak in...

However if Carolina wins out and Atlanta and Detriot get to 7 losses we won't need Seattle to get to 7 losses correct? Because I'm thinking Carolina finishes GB next week.

endersdragon

Reaction score
We win out, Atlanta and Carolina both lose once these next two weeks (or one of them loses twice the next 3 weeks), Lions lose again, Packers lose again... we are in. That's how I see it anyway.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
At this point we want Carolina to win out. Along the way they beat GB and ATL and then we need NO to beat ATL . If that happens and det drops 1 game we’re in.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess the question to ask is, "are we good enough to beat the Eagles with Nick Foles at QB"?

Maybe.........Maybe not

I think we’d have given them a run for their money either way. With Wentz out and us at full strength, I’d expect we’d beat them. We’ll see if we get by OAK and SEA if it even matters.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think we’d have given them a run for their money either way. With Wentz out and us at full strength, I’d expect we’d beat them. We’ll see if we get by OAK and SEA if it even matters.

I think we can take Oakland, I am not sure about Seattle however.....................I think we can take Philly with Foles at QB also, he is a JAG.

On a side note, I feel bad for Wentz. He seems like a good kid and even though he plays for the Eagles I never want to see anybody get hurt.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Usually a team needs some breaks to fall their way Roy...like Drew Brees not throwing a bonehead pick Thursday night; the albeit hapless Browns hanging on to a 14pt lead and not losing in OT; the Bucs holding a lead in back to back weeks in games Cowboys fans need them to win. The breaks aren't going the 'Boys way right now.

They still need to do all they can to stay in the race though and that means winning out.

The team will do whatever they can, but as an avid fan I have said it many many times. For me I am hoping they lose out.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only a silly naive fan would have hopes for the playoffs.. JESUS.. .how are still some people still hopeful for this PATHETIC garbage of a team

Only REAL fans hold out hope until officially eliminated...there...you made me respond that way....:laugh:

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Why does Atlanta have to lose twice? Can we still get in if they don’t?

They have a 7-2 conference record.

The simplest answer is because they beat us head to head so we can't get in ahead of them by having the same record.

That would be a nightmare scenario. Rodgers is back next week against Carolina. I was hoping GB would lose one of the last 2 games which would have hurt their chances bad. But then they happened to get cupcake opponents and barely beat them. Now the NFL poster child is back and I feel they have a great chance. Everything they needed to happen has happened to put them in a good situation.

I believe Rodgers is not back until Week 16.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Detroit currently holds tiebreaker over both GB & Dallas. If they beat GB, they will have the better common games record vs. Dallas assured.