We would be at least 9-5 now if Carter was still QB.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I think if Quincy Carter was still here as QB this team would be maybe as good as 10-4 but not any worse than 8-6 right now. Quincy helped this team go 10-6 last year and the players believed in him and that he coudl win.

I know some of the Carter Bashers in here will slam me for this. But I used to be one of the fans that wanted Carter gone. Now I wish he was still here. I dont think Carter was our future but at least if he was here he woulda kept this team winnin until Drew Henson was ready to take over. Carters contract was through 2005 and good chance Henson woulda been ready by 2006 and Carter could have looked good here and done good in FA.

I do think this team would be alot better with Carter. Here is why.

Offensive Line - The OL this year is average at very best but that is better than last years line. More time to throw woulda helped Carter this year.

Keyshawn Glenn and Witten - There is no doubt that with Keyshawn Glenn a big time improved Witten and Julius Jones woulda helped out Carter alot and he woulda been better.

2nd year in the same offense - He woulda known the offense more better and again that woulda been big this year.

Mobility- Carter was not the best runner but he sure could be lotsa time with his elusiveness. Something Vinny cant even come close to doin.

Carter was the QB the really gave this team the best chance to win. The only thing Vinny does is give the OTHER TEAM the best chance to win. With his 2nd year in this offense and better playas around him there is just no way Carter woulda even come close to makin as many dumb plays as Vinny does. Vinny is the stupidest QB I have ever seen. But hey he is a uhhhhmmm...Parcells Guy. Quincy was not a Parcells Guy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I think if Quincy Carter was still here as QB this team would be maybe as good as 10-4 but not any worse than 8-6 right now. Quincy helped this team go 10-6 last year and the players believed in him and that he coudl win.

I know some of the Carter Bashers in here will slam me for this. But I used to be one of the fans that wanted Carter gone. Now I wish he was still here. I dont think Carter was our future but at least if he was here he woulda kept this team winnin until Drew Henson was ready to take over. Carters contract was through 2005 and good chance Henson woulda been ready by 2006 and Carter could have looked good here and done good in FA.

Offensive Line - The OL this year is average at very best but that is better than last years line. More time to throw woulda helped Carter this year.

Keyshawn Glenn and Witten - There is no doubt that with Keyshawn Glenn a big time improved Witten and Julius Jones woulda helped out Carter alot and he woulda been better.

2nd year in the same offense - He woulda known the offense more better and again that woulda been big this year.

Mobility- Carter was not the best runner but he sure could be lotsa time with his elusiveness. Something Vinny cant even come close to doin.

Carter was the QB the really gave this team the best chance to win. The only thing Vinny does is give the OTHER TEAM the best chance to win. With his 2nd year in this offense and better playas around him there is just no way Carter woulda even come close to makin as many dumb plays as Vinny does. Vinny is the stupidest QB I have ever seen. But hey he is a uhhhhmmm...Parcells Guy. Quincy was not a Parcells Guy.

Why? Did he learn how to play defense? we could convert him to CB

Rude

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

I completly agree but be prepared to be flamed by some people

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

nothing personal Wolv, but please put down the crack pipe, or the Q-bong...there is no way in hell this team would be 10-4 or 9-5 with Carter at QB...he wasnt a "good" QB in any sense of the imagination, and certainly wouldnt be leading this team to 35-40 pts a game to make up for the awful defense...Carter was just as mistake prone as VT has been, how soon you people forget

David

Reaction score
Quincy Carter was cut in TRAINING CAMP. He will never wear a Dallas Cowboy uniform ever, EVER AGAIN FOR AS LONG AS HE LIVES!!!

Get over it dude.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Wolverine, get ready duck man.......cuz I predict this thread is about to get FLAMED :leave:

LOL, these emicons are something else...

- Mike G.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

again, the guy displayed poor accuracy and decision making last yr...yes another yr in the system helps, but at some point you have to have quality talent to work with to take major steps...the guy committed 25 turnovers last yr and got bailed out by probably at least a dozen more potential picks that were dropped

like VT or not, the guy is a better passer than Carter is...its not hating Carter, its just the guy was a mediocre passer and was always gonna be a mediocre passer

David

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
nothing personal Wolv, but please put down the crack pipe, or the Q-bong...there is no way in hell this team would be 10-4 or 9-5 with Carter at QB...he wasnt a "good" QB in any sense of the imagination, and certainly wouldnt be leading this team to 35-40 pts a game to make up for the awful defense...Carter was just as mistake prone as VT has been, how soon you people forget

David

Couldn't have said it better myself. Last year we were 10-6 with an average to below average QB(like Vinny T), the difference is we had a defense that could keep games close. If our defense played this year, like they did last year.....we would be BETTER than last years 10-6 team.

Quincy didn't make or Break us last year, sorry.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
again, the guy displayed poor accuracy and decision making last yr...yes another yr in the system helps, but at some point you have to have quality talent to work with to take major steps...the guy committed 25 turnovers last yr and got bailed out by probably at least a dozen more potential picks that were dropped

like VT or not, the guy is a better passer than Carter is...its not hating Carter, its just the guy was a mediocre passer and was always gonna be a mediocre passer

David

Yo DBair, jump in the "What surprised you this year" thread and offer some thoughts....

Im sure what you have to say would be very entertaining :D

- Mike G.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

I understand your points, andpesronally think your opinion on this one is a gigantic conjecture. Quincy would have been running a simpler offesne, mostly because I don't think BP would ever have opened up an offense for Quincy.

When you say the line is better, it meas that mobility of the QB is less of an issue over all.

Also, I really don't think Quincy would have made good use of Witten. Quincy's weakest areas were always throwing short to medium distance passes in the middle of the field. Thats where Witten has been making his living.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Why stop there, with Carter, Dallas would 14-0.

I can just imagine Parcells on the sideline now, "Hey Ref you Carter damned jerk didn't you see that Carter Damn hold on Glover"

Or Keyshawn, "I'd just like to thank the good Carter upstairs for everything he's given us."

Or the '72 Dolphins "Please, Please Dear Carter, let those Cowboys lose at least once so we still have relevance."

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

It sickens me how you can disrespect Carter in such a manner.

That guy was awesome . . .

And its obvious to anyone who has a clue about the game of football that if we still had Quincy Carter, we'd be at least 13-1.

And the one game we would have lost would have been because Quincy Carter threw his traditional laser with uncanny accuracy to Quincy Morgan, who would have dropped the game winning touchdown . . .

But Carter would have been amazing in his driving us 79 yards in three plays in the final 6 seconds of a shoot out with the Green Bay Packers . . .

Hey . . . The Carter can only do so much . . .

Eh?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Wolverine, get ready duck man.......cuz I predict this thread is about to get FLAMED :leave:

LOL, these emicons are something else...

- Mike G.

At least it beats gettin spanked LOL!

dbair1967 said:

David

Thats real good nothin personal but you start it off with a insult.

With the Jets Quincy went 2-1 in his 3 games played. This team WON with Carter. We were 10-6 with him last year. You CAN NOT tell ANYONE in here who is REALISTIC that the things I said why Carter woudl be better arent true. Key Glenn and Julius woulda helped alot.

Also our defense wouldnt be on the field as long with Carter here since we woulda had our offense on the field more.

The question is is Vinny a upgrade over Carter. NO WAY! He is a big DOWNGRADE!! 5-9 so far under Vinny but 10-6 last year with Carter. Yeah Vinny really gave us the best chance to win didnt he. Like I say Vinny gives the OTHER team the best chance to win.

And agian. Andy Reid needs to give Vinny the game ball for the Eagles win on SUnday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
At least it beats gettin spanked LOL!

Thats real good nothin personal but you start it off with a insult.

With the Jets Quincy went 2-1 in his 3 games played. This team WON with Carter. We were 10-6 with him last year. You CAN NOT tell ANYONE in here who is REALISTIC that the things I said why Carter woudl be better arent true. Key Glenn and Julius woulda helped alot.

Also our defense wouldnt be on the field as long with Carter here since we woulda had our offense on the field more.

The question is is Vinny a upgrade over Carter. NO WAY! He is a big DOWNGRADE!! 5-9 so far under Vinny but 10-6 last year with Carter. Yeah Vinny really gave us the best chance to win didnt he. Like I say Vinny gives the OTHER team the best chance to win.

And agian. Andy Reid needs to give Vinny the game ball for the Eagles win on SUnday.

Jets went 2-1 with Carter, The Jets team with Curtis Martin and their defense won the games. Carter played well in the games but nothing outstanding and nothing that would overcome the poor play of the Dallas Defense this year or the fact that most of the year we had little production at RB.

TooStupid

Talk is Cheap...Walk the Walk
Reaction score
Woah Wolv, Puff,Puff,Pass. I think the biggest reason you think Quinthy would've carried this team is from the short term memory marijuana use causes. Just cause Quinthy BARELY held down the fort for the 3 games he started in a Jets uniform had nothing to do with his 'ability". He hasn't made many mistakes this year is cause he had minimal playing time this year. Carter is no more than a run and gun with the happiest feet I've ever seen. No way in Hell he would've carried this team back to the playoffs. :skins: :shootme:

1pick2

Reaction score
i think wolvies right quincy would have helped us get to at least 9 wins right now and he would have been a double threat running and throwing remember he was the qb that helped us have the number 1 offense for a little while last year. :) he helped with the come from behind against ny week 2 last year. he wasnt great but he would had been better than what we have now. HENSON FOR 2005! :skins:

OLDSCHOOL

Reaction score
Wolverine,

We would have been better than 9-5, 10-4, we would have won the division and had at least a 13-3 record.

Carter in the same offense, would have been off the charts, what people are seeing from Brees is what we would have seen from Carter. This is Brees's 4th season as it is for Carter, 3 to 4yrs is the average time it takes to develop a QB. And franchise QBs are developed they just don't come around every draft.

You take a very talented youngster and put him on a team already set up with everything including an excellent staff and a vet QB mentoring him and you get Ben Rothlisberger.

That same situation and you set that youngster for a year, even if he is not that talented or thought of as that talented, and you get Tom Brady, the 6th round draft pick, who was thought to be nothing more than a career backup, who might not have been drafted at all.

Do not worry about being bashed, they are upset because they thought for sure Vinny would have this team in a better position than last season, or they thought Henson would be some kind of wonder QB, that could just jump in and take us there.

They are mad, pissed, disappointed all of the above, and deep down they know that Carter would have helped this team back to the playoffs.

What is really got them P.Oed, is that they cannot stand that we went 10-6 with Carter and someone they felt was better has us 5 game short of that.

You are correct, in you thinking ,but the record would be at least 11-3 at this time, heading to a 13-3 season if Carter was still here.