We would be at least 9-5 now if Carter was still QB.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I liked Quincy Carter and took alot of heat on another board in particular because I always defended him when I felt an individual poster was attacking him out of spite and not being fair.....

Like I told my co-worker right around the 5th or 6th game of the season...

I felt we would have been a little bit more successful with Carter at the helm because Bill Parcells did not trust Quincy. For what ever reason it was, we all pretty much know Parcells just didnt trust him....

Parcells would have dumbed down the offense, shortened the field, and you would have seen Witten have more catches and seen Anderson with another 60+ receptions year because it would have been play action and short passess.

When Vinny was throwing those 3 interceptions in the Cleveland game in the 4th quarter when we were winning, it would have been totally the opposite with Quincy. Parcells would have been playing percentage football, running it with George, Anderson, and Lee and keeping the ball out of Carter's hands...

Against Pitt, Cincy, Philly the 2nd time, New Orleans and Baltimore, you dont see Vinny throw 2+ interceptions, because it would have been Carter, and Parcells would have just ran the ball with Eddie George and played field position no matter how bad Eddie was (see Troy Hambrick last year if you dont beleive that).

From that standpoint, I think we may have been better. Parcells would not have taken so many risks and put the ball in the air so much in the 4th quarter with Carter in.

That scenario, I do beleive...

- Mike G.

OLDSCHOOL

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
again, we were 10-6 because we played a schedule or poor offensive teams that couldnt score...Carter had very little, if anything to do with us WINNING 10 games...he was a caretaker, and not even a very good one. I've posted Carter's numbers a breakdown of his games numerous times, the guy was putrid. Despite your take on VT, if you break it down game by game VT has had MORE good games than Carter did...Carter's play wasnt even at an average level in half his starts...our offense was constantly 3 and out last yr...cant see where he would have made any difference whatsoever this yr...

and so what he's 2-1 with thee Jets? They couldnt score with QC at QB and instead rushed back an OBVIOUSLY injured Pennington to replace him...

David

Uh oh, here we go with that excuse again. you are hilarious, have you ever played football?

Jersey

Reaction score
We'd be a press conference away from announcing his suspension. You never want the leader of your team to be a dope and on dope at the same time. Its a lethal mix I tell you. I'd rather watch 60 minutes after a Cowboys win. Not watch it for the interview on his drug use and suspension.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You guys are right we would be heading to the Super Bowl, heck I guess QC would double as a QB and a CB or maybe a safety. Gosh what was I thinking! LOL

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rude said:
Yes but of course your being sarcastic. The point is this team was ranked number 1 last year for the first half (or so) last year. You guys cant admit he was decent at least. My goodness, Carter would not have this team at a way better record but we have lost the last 2 games due to vinny.
I'm not being the slightest bit sarcastic. The point is it didn't end up #1 and Quincy played every game. Quincy Carter and the Cowboys were proven to be frauds the second half last year and in the playoffs. Period. It makes no damn difference wether it's Vinny or Quincy. THEY BOTH SUCK.

OLDSCHOOL

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I see perfectly clear and i have seen Carter play QB which is also very clear the guy is not that good of a QB. I saw a Dallas defense that did a damn good job last year and a offense that struggled for most of the season. If you want to beleive that Carter was the reason we won be my guest.

I am your guest, I more than your guest. What happened to the defense?, The offense struggled this season toot when a key person(leader) gets shafted like Jones did Carter that messes with the team pysche.

Carter is and will show all you naysayers that he's a very good QB, to bad he will be winning with another team, while we will still be developing or looking for a QB.

Rude

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I'm not being the slightest bit sarcastic. The point is it didn't end up #1 and Quincy played every game. Quincy Carter and the Cowboys were proven to be frauds the second half last year and in the playoffs. Period. It makes no damn difference wether it's Vinny or Quincy. THEY BOTH SUCK.

yea the team did end poorly, but look at the people we had on Offence last year. lets name all of the good players, witten was a rookie and glenn was the only good reciever. Everyone here has said Galloway sucked before and after his stint with the cowboys. we had no weapons, this year is similiar but at least the O-line has been improved a bit and witten is growing into a star

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I see perfectly clear and i have seen Carter play QB which is also very clear the guy is not that good of a QB. I saw a Dallas defense that did a damn good job last year and a offense that struggled for most of the season. If you want to beleive that Carter was the reason we won be my guest.

Never said that QC was a great or good QB. I think this threads speaks more of how bad Vinny is. Look at Vinny's last 20 games. 4-9 here this year and 2-7 last year with the Jets. That is 6-16 over the last 2 years.

Look at the same 2 teams record over the last 2 years, without Vinny.

Dallas 10-7 last year...1-0 this year.

Jets 6-3 last year (without Vinny) and....10-4 this year.

Vinny can look good at times (and terrible)...But when it comes to winning, Vinny T. is a long time loser.

So, I am not saying we would be winning with QC...Again, I'm saying we never had a chance with Vinny.

OLDSCHOOL

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
You guys are right we would be heading to the Super Bowl, heck I guess QC would double as a QB and a CB or maybe a safety. Gosh what was I thinking! LOL

You are not thinking, that is the problem.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
What was Carters record here last year.

What was his record in his 3 starts with the Jets this year.

He won. The score doesnt matter. A win is a win.

You do have a point. Whatever his failings, Carter seemed to find ways to win.

3-4 rookie, 3-4 2nd year(when Campost decided to throw the season and put Hutchless in there). 10-6 3rd and 2-1. He is above .500 lifetime.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OLDSCHOOL said:
I am your guest, I more than your guest. What happened to the defense?, The offense struggled this season toot when a key person(leader) gets shafted like Jones did Carter that messes with the team pysche.

Carter is and will show all you naysayers that he's a very good QB, to bad he will be winning with another team, while we will still be developing or looking for a QB.

Offense has moved the ball just as well as they did last season we don't score just like last season. Carter leaving did nothing to the defense D did that all by themselfs. I guess time will tell if Carter is what you say he is, I think he is already showing what he is a backup in this league.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
1.jpg

Quincy Carter says - "Thankth for the vote of confidenth, guyth!"

joseephuss

Reaction score
OLDSCHOOL said:
rollingmyeyes:, Load of crap, my pesqueso. This season was a load of crap.
the season, the defense everything was shot when all that crap went down in Training camp.

The only changes we neede was to add Key or a receiver like Key, and a back up insurance.

Whether you want to admit it or not, when that stuff went down it killed th momentum of the WHOLE TEAM, that means defense included. other than missing Blades , Stewart, Woody, Edwards, wiley and EK is a wash, the defense is basically the same.

It is not a load of Crap, the defense would have been on point, that crap had a mental effect on the whole team.

You explain, then how a diefense with basically the same personnel goes to crap like that, it is a mental thing that happened in TC.

It is a crap how you guys cannot see what happened.
but you tell me yur version of why the defense has failed. the offense is only better because of Key and Jones and the O line has played a lot better than it did last season.

The defense is not basically the same.

NT:
Blade last year. Carson and Eaton this year. Blade came in fat and probably would not have played as well as he did last season.

RDE:
A poor Ekuban last season and an even worse Wiley this year.

RCB:
A poor Edwards last season and an even worse rotation of guys this season.

SS:
Woodson last season and Dixon and Scott this season.

That is just over 1/3 of the defense that has changed. And how about

Nickel Back:
Hunter and Ross were more effective last year than any of the guys playing this season.

LB:
Coakley(James) and Nguyen are playing poorly this season. Part of that is on both of them just having bad seasons and part is that the LB play in this scheme depends on good play from the NT position.

TooStupid

Talk is Cheap...Walk the Walk
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Offense has moved the ball just as well as they did last season we don't score just like last season. Carter leaving did nothing to the defense D did that all by themselfs. I guess time will tell if Carter is what you say he is, I think he is already showing what he is a backup in this league.
Totally agreed. J.J. read way too much into his success at Georgia. Run and Gun might get you by in college, Unless your last name is Vick,(and I'm not talking about the younger Vick, who hass much more in common with Quinthy then Michael, if you know what I mean) it really doesn't work in the MUCH faster paced nfl.