Weather for SNF

Jarntt

Reaction score
It's been in the 90's here all week (yes I know it's been in the 100's in Texas for months). High 70's and a little bit of showers sounds better to me if I'm 300lbs and wearing pads. Now if there is a thunderstorm it could get interesting. Slippery field could also mean no Tyler if it's 50/50.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Will the wet field and ball give New York an advantage?

CWR

Reaction score
It's been in the 90's here all week (yes I know it's been in the 100's in Texas for months). High 70's and a little bit of showers sounds better to me if I'm 300lbs and wearing pads. Now if there is a thunderstorm it could get interesting. Slippery field could also mean no Tyler if it's 50/50.

I'm almost at the point I'd rather rest him. I don't recall ever seeing a pulled hammy heal in a few days and not be aggravated worse on game day.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Will the wet field and ball give New York an advantage?
I don't know about an advantage per se, but last year for sure it would be welcomed by the Giants. They were a lot of Saquon and even Jones running. This year hard to say as they want to throw a lot more and brought in weapons. Hopefully not too bad and won't be much of an issue.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm almost at the point I'd rather rest him. I don't recall ever seeing a pulled hammy heal in a few days and not be aggravated worse on game day.
I was thinking no issue until he had the MRI. Then I started thinking maybe it was more of a possibility he misses time. Just stresses the value of depth in the NFL and especially within the constraints of the salary cap (as we all know of course) and how injuries can make or break a season no matter how good you think you look on paper. I didn't see where Wilson is definitely starting either. Hopefully both are fine

Reactions: CWR

GINeric

Reaction score
Something to watch for as we get closer to game time. As of now it looks like rain and possibly thunderstorms.

Sunday Night:

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

https://www.stadiumforecast.com/football/nfl/giants/weather.php/forecast.html

And that's why it's important to establish the run game early and often. Successful running travels well in any kind of weather.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I would imagine the only thing that would effect either team would be humidity. The sun will be down so the temperature will not matter.

Since neither team really played their guys in the preseason humidity could cause all kinds of problems for both teams.

McMicah

Reaction score
Rain would definitely favor the Giants. Not that the Cowboys trenches are bad but the true discriminator in this game are the rookie CBs on the Giants that we can take advantage of

Creeper

Reaction score
Thunderstorms come and go. Chances are if we get a typical summer thunderstorm they will stop the game because of lightning. But the rain could pass as quickly as 10 or 15 minutes. The better news is the heat wave we are having will dissipate somewhat by then. The first game will be tough on both teams from a conditioning standpoint, but in high temps and humidity, it would be brutal.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Thunderstorms come and go. Chances are if we get a typical summer thunderstorm they will stop the game because of lightning. But the rain could pass as quickly as 10 or 15 minutes. The better news is the heat wave we are having will dissipate somewhat by then. The first game will be tough on both teams from a conditioning standpoint, but in high temps and humidity, it would be brutal.
Wear sticky gloves with lots of stick'em...