Weather where you are

rags

Reaction score
74 degrees in August? Just outside of Dallas? What's wrong with this picture?:)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just rolled into Houston for a week……I want to go back to a cool Santa Barbara now! :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am tired of the summers here in Central Texas and am looking into a more human friendly climate.

So, I am asking that you "sell' me on where you live in the chance that I might be a neighbor or maybe even a better idea, "sell" me on another location, far from you, to insure I do not become a neighbor. Places in other countries or other planets will not be considered.

It seems there is no perfect climate location that is affordable or without some drawbacks. San Diego used to be that place but no more.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Still over 100+. Sucks. I haven't mowed in a long time because it's just too hot. Even at 10 pm it's like 90. I'm now "that guy" in the neighborhood.
Still have not hit 100 here yet and it is raining again some more

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's been in the 100s here this week, but, the worst part is it is SO dang smoky out from all the forest fires. It's gross outside. You can usually see the mountains backdrop behind Boise and the smoke is so thick you cannot even see them. Sucks. Kills the good summer vibes.

Normal:
GettyImages-475095961_high.jpg

Current:
boisesmoke2.jpg

smoky-skies.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been in the 100s here this week, but, the worst part is it is SO dang smoky out from all the forest fires. It's gross outside. You can usually see the mountains backdrop behind Boise and the smoke is so thick you cannot even see them. Sucks. Kills the good summer vibes.

Normal:
GettyImages-475095961_high.jpg

Current:
boisesmoke2.jpg

smoky-skies.jpg
I remember that when we lived there because of the inversion, just like Denver's. It was winter then and they were asking people not to have fires in the fireplaces.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Rain...77degrees We also had an Earth Quake this morning. 2.7 and it shook the house for about 10secs. Morganton NC.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I remember that when we lived there because of the inversion, just like Denver's. It was winter then and they were asking people not to have fires in the fireplaces.

Yup, those are still a thing from time to time in the winter.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Well nothing has changed the mud is still safe 72 degrees and yep raining again

DFWJC

Reaction score
By Dallas' standards, like last year, it has been another relatively mild summer

High will be 88 today (currently 82).
Will be low to mid 90s for the next week.

We've had only 3-4 days reach 100. We didn't hit 100 until July 25th, compared to May 6th 20 years ago.

For perspective,
1980 had 69 days over 100..and 42 in a row.
1998 had 56 days over 100

I'll take 2021, but taking no bets on 2022

RaZon

Reaction score
It's been 108, 106, 105, then our AC goes kaplunk (guy on his way to fix it) and it's only going to be 90 today, talk about luck!

Lived in Cali all my life, never had the temp effect me like it has this year, a different kind of hot.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About 100 degrees in deep south Texas. 115 with the relative humidity. Had a couple of band kids taken to the hospital and a 16 girl die at a soccer camp yesterday. Stay hydrated and be safe.