Weather where you are

DanteEXT

Reaction score
A pretty bad storm in my area last night. Appears even a tornado came through not far from my house. Knocked out power for a few hours so the sump pump wasn't running. Had a couple of inches of water in the basement. Took the day off work. The standing water is gone but the concrete is pretty wet down there. Got the dehumidifier running and ran to Walmart this morning to buy a couple of box fans to help the airflow. The previous owner had started to finish the basement so there is drywall down there. It is raised above the floor a bit so not sure if it got wet, will have to check. Good times.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Six inches of wet, heavy snow and still falling. No power.

I took the plow off the ATV, put the shovels away, and tucked the generator away two days ago.

At least I can make cowboy coffee on the gas stove.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
In my pool Sunday. Coat on and blinded by the snow on Monday. Traveling north sucks.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Cool, sometimes threatening to be jacket weather. Often small rains and cloudy, with some occasional beautiful clear skies at times for a great view of the impressive volcano, Mt. Rainier. I love Seattle!

triplets_93

Reaction score
From the US National Weather Service:

https://www.weather.gov/arx/why_dewpoint_vs_humidity

Dew Point vs. Humidity

The dew point is the temperature the air needs to be cooled to (at constant pressure) in order to achieve a relative humidity (RH) of 100%. At this point the air cannot hold more water in the gas form. If the air were to be cooled even more, water vapor would have to come out of the atmosphere in the liquid form, usually as fog or precipitation.

The higher the dew point rises, the greater the amount of moisture in the air. This directly affects how "comfortable" it will feel outside. Many times, relative humidity can be misleading. For example, a temperature of 30 and a dew point of 30 will give you a relative humidity of 100%, but a temperature of 80 and a dew point of 60 produces a relative humidity of 50%. It would feel much more "humid" on the 80 degree day with 50% relative humidity than on the 30 degree day with a 100% relative humidity. This is because of the higher dew point.

So if you want a real judge of just how "dry" or "humid" it will feel outside, look at the dew point instead of the RH. The higher the dew point, the muggier it will feel.

General comfort levels USING DEW POINT that can be expected during the summer months:

0 to 55: dry and comfortable

between 55 and 65: becoming "sticky" with muggy evenings

greater than 65: lots of moisture in the air, becoming oppressive

triplets_93

Reaction score
92F with 69F Dew Point Uncomfortable even with the 20mph southerly winds gusting to 37mph

triplets_93

Reaction score
It's Hot up in here tonight!!

52088154543_cdd67f3008_o.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, it's nearly 1pm on May 25th in Dallas and only 67 degrees
Could reach 70
My how things can change in a week.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Embarrassingly beautiful day today. 80° and sunny, with a light breeze. I wish every day was like this...but with a bit of rain at around 1 a.m.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Still going to be a high of 68 here in Santa Barbara, pretty much like every day. It might be a rough week ahead though, expected to hit 80! :dance: