Weather where you are

triplets_93

Reaction score
Texans rest easy.... the Governor, and the head of ERCOT, and the head of the PUC have assured that we have more than enough power generating capacity and reserves for this multi-day severe cold weather event.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The new forecast says 6 degrees in Idabel maybe colder Bubba is coming in from the back yard
I live in a neighborhood with packs of stray dogs.
It's a bit lawless where I am (it's how I like it)...

I worry for them when the temps and the weather is about to get violent for live bodies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Texans rest easy.... the Governor, and the head of ERCOT, and the head of the PUC have assured that we have more than enough power generating capacity and reserves for this multi-day severe cold weather event.

El Paso laughs at ERCOT.
Now I just jinxed us.

But for real: When ish was going down last year, we were just fine with worse weather.
We're not connected to their bull stuff network.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And, we just lost electrical power.. thank goodness for propane and wood burning fireplaces
I'm living and working in the hotel I'm staying (business meetings) so I don't have to deal with the weather too much.

If I lived in a cold winter climate I would most definitely have alternate heat sources besides electric.

triplets_93

Reaction score
The Arctic Blast blew into DFW at 8:38 this morning.

Gov. Greg Abbott, in a news conference Wednesday, was confident the state could handle the increased demand for energy as the temperatures dropped.

“I think trust will be earned over the next few days as people see that we have ultra-cold temperatures and the grid is going to be able to perform with ease,” he said.

https://apnews.com/article/winter-weather-storm-updates-c0d9d7a04fa48359a0a40a7b9ff1b970

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a pretty big hill next to the hotel were my wife and I are staying. Hotel has toboggan-looking things to borrow. We decided to try our hand at sledding down the hill. Temperatures were still cold at -10 degrees. We only went down the hill once. My face felt like it was on fire because of the cold. Part of me wanted to climb back up the hill and do it again, but the smart part of me told me I was too stupid to even think about it. I was dressed warm, but I did not have face covering.

It was really fun for that one time.