Weather where you are

triplets_93

Reaction score
It's Hot today again in DFW...

53142727642_a9d8b76451_o.jpg

triplets_93

Reaction score
Idalia is currently forecast to make landfall along Florida's Big Bend region between Apalachicola and Tampa as a Category 3 hurricane. If this happens, it will mark the strongest landfall for the Big Bend region since 1950, when Category 3 Hurricane Easy made landfall in Cedar Key.

Idalia could be strongest hurricane for Big Bend since 1950

https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-upda...or-big-bend-since-1950-102620074?id=102614228

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gorgeous in the northeast.

Rolling into my favorite season: Fall.

Cool nights, still warm enough during the day to wear shorts (unless you're "cold blooded") and the scenery is spectacular.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Forecast shows Hurricane Idalia will be 'extremely dangerous'

https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-updates/hurricane-idalia/?id=102614228
Looks like two biggest hit cities are slightly inland, Gainesville or Tallahassee. Probably going to be hit by Cat.1 if it speeds up and veers their direction any.

Knowing what I was like at their age, if the semester has started, betting a lot of those Gator students are having quite the party with school cancelled. Don't drink too much of the keg, may need some faculties.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I drove to Dallas from Florida this past week and while driving there my A/C decided I was on my own as far as combating the heat. I was driving through Shreveport and temp was 108F when it happened. While in Dallas my daughter offered me the use of her car, but she just got her new car after her other car got totaled (2 payments from paid in full). I didn't want anything to happen to it. Once it got to 114F in Dallas and my phone stopped working due to the heat. Since my phone stopped working I had no GPS so I was kind of driving blind. I didn't want to have the A/C checked locally because I didn't know any reliable places to look at it. I drove home (left in the early morning hours to beat as much heat as possible). I got home and took it to my local shop to have a look at it.

The compressor was bad, but since they fixed A/C a couple of years ago they discovered the compressor installed in 2020 had a lifetime warranty instead of typical 2-year warranty. I still had to pay for labor and other miscellaneous parts, but obviously it was much cheaper than getting another compressor. I'm not sure I would have gotten that service in Dallas, being an out-of-state visitor (even though I have Texas plates on my car).

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Been in NC for one week and have already seen more rain than 3 years in El Paso.

triplets_93

Reaction score
A rare blue supermoon, a type of full moon, is set to appear at the end of August.

The moon will be especially big and bright and rise above the Earth's horizon at around 222,000 miles away on the night of Aug. 30, according to NASA. The moon will be a supermoon, or a moon that appears to reach its perigee, the point where it is closest to the center of Earth.

The next blue supermoon is expected to occur January 2037, which is what makes this one rare.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/rare-supermoons-august-catch/story?id=101865108

Creeper

Reaction score
I bad thunderstorm with some quarter sized hail just rolled through Northern NJ. I have lived here my entire life and I have never seen hail that size in NJ. I know it can get pretty large in other parts but here it is unusual. Now the winds have picked up and the rain is falling hard again. It has cooled things off a bit but I'd rather have the hot sun than this rain.

strollinruss

Reaction score
It’s actually pretty nice in the Houston area this morning. Even better after a Cowboys win.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If anyone knows why hurricane Lee kept being called a cyclone, let me know. That has been bugging me :muttley:

Cyclones are formed in the Indian Ocean, typhoons in the NW Pacific and hurricanes in the North Atlantic, mid-Atlantic and mid-Pacific.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We had our first morning with temperatures in the 30's. Daytime highs are still in the 60's. We expect the first snows above 6,000 ft this week (we're at about 4,000)

Love fall

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Well, it's the third week of September in Naples, Florida. Sunny and 91 degrees today. Beautiful.

Creeper

Reaction score
Well, it's the third week of September in Naples, Florida. Sunny and 91 degrees today. Beautiful.
I love Naples.

We've had rain on the East coast the last 3 1/2 days. The sun finally broke through this evening. The ground is saturated though. The deer are tearing up my lawn.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is insane. The middle of November and it hit 67 degrees in Boise, Idaho today. It's been nice all week. I ran out the door this morning with a sweater on (because my mind tells me it's November) and I felt overdressed all day. Lol

I know the cold is coming, but wow, the nice weather is going out with a fight.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is insane. The middle of November and it hit 67 degrees in Boise, Idaho today. It's been nice all week. I ran out the door this morning with a sweater on (because my mind tells me it's November) and I felt overdressed all day. Lol

I know the cold is coming, but wow, the nice weather is going out with a fight.
Much the same in MT... It has been unseasonable mild the past month with lows in the high 20s to low 30s and daytime highs in the 40s. Supposedly, that all changes in the next couple of days and our real weather shows up.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Today, Naples, Fl was a rather chilly and rainy 72 degrees today. I don't recall this daytime temp since January. Gets warm in the 80's tomorrow again I believe.