Weeden is better than Matt Cassel?

bark

Reaction score
All I can remember is aikman talking about how weeden was the most prepared backup in the league because of all the reps he got w the first unit due to romos practice schedule last yr.
then the real game action started..........

EST_1986

Reaction score
Who cares who our back up qb is?

Y'all scared or what?

Romo goes down...Weeden can be a bus driver behind this line ...chill the f out.

He drove us right off a cliff against Arizona, costs us a bye in the end

xvendettax914

Reaction score
He drove us right off a cliff against Arizona, costs us a bye in the end

well, any of the 4 games that were lost last year for whatever reasons those may be cost them a bye. Would we have beaten Arizona with Tony? i dont know, maybe. Weeden certainly was not good, but he was not the sole factor in that L. the team was bad that day, i just dont think you can point to that one single game and blame a lost bye on that.

Plankton

Reaction score
If hes so good why doesn't buffalo want him?
Not like they have a franchise Qb also.

mickey.jpg

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
It was one game.

One freaking game.

Unfortunately it wasn't just one game. Weeden stunk it up as both a starter and a back up in Cleveland too. And he played in the same offense he does in Dallas. Norv actually had him as the 3rd string guy and this is before Browns acquired Manziel.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I know he's got a strong arm but Arizona stacked the box knew he wouldn't attack deep for some reason.

He didn't go deep because Leary and Parnell were terrible and he had Campbell in particular in his face all game long.

The problem was that Dez could not beat single coverage and Weeden threw the ball to him anyway. That is a big part of how Linehan has his QB makes reads. Throw your stars open when they are single covered. Issue was Petersen was dominant and the angles and windows weren't really there.

I'm not going to argue that he should have adjusted sooner than the 4th quarter and gone to the open receivers but that gameplan works against all corners not named Petersen.

He's a backup and players like Dez, Demarco, or the OL should have been the ones stepping up. I am always stunned how everyone gives them a pass and piles on Weeden. It's borderline delusional.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Didn't Weeden come in and stink up the Commanders game also?
The truth is Weeden shouldn't still be on this team.
Matt Casell isn't Aaron Rodgers but it would be an unfair insult to call him a Brandon Weeden.

He had a 145 QB rating that game. Try again. Like I said. Delusional.

superonyx

Reaction score
He had a 145 QB rating that game. Try again. Like I said. Delusional.

Maybe you should try reading a post you are replying to. I clearly was asking a question...hence the question mark... Try what again? Asking a question? Like you said to who? Step off your soap box...you mention Delusional..yikes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Maybe you should try reading a post you are replying to. I clearly was asking a question...hence the question mark... Try what again? Asking a question? Like you said to who? Step off your soap box...you mention Delusional..yikes.

Your assumption was clear. Deflect if you must.

superonyx

Reaction score
Your assumption was clear. Deflect if you must.

I deflect nothing. Hey if you want to get liquored up after watching a preseason game and come here looking for a fight then go ahead and do your worst.
I asked a question...and you decided anyone who doesn't agree with you should be attacked.

Btw....I stand by my opinion that Weeden is awful.