Weeden is not capable of managing a game

djmajestik

Reaction score
while i agree...we need to move on from this woulda, coulda, shoulda.

we need to focus on the saints, and tony needs to focus on week 11 through the end of the season.

No, the team needs to move on and focus on the Saints. It has no bearing whatsoever if us fans talk about last week, last year, or two years from now.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Outside of his 1 freakout he managed the game yesterday.

He's just not a playmaker.

He managed to blow it in the second half.
Hoe long was our defense out there in 2nd half?
20:07

When you have three 14pt leads in same game ... Your coach should know how to win them.... Not lose TOP 35 plus to 24 minutes,

Doomsday101

Reaction score

When you have three 14pt leads in same game ... Your coach should know how to win them.... Not lose TOP 35 plus to 24 minutes,

Weeden did not blow anything, defense has a responsibility. Alt was having to drive the field and it is the defensive job to actually make some stops and put the ball back into the hands of the offense.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
managing includes not going 3-out every series in the 2nd half. That killed anything our defense had by being gassed out.

Weeden didn't put the team in a huge hole with penalties on the opening series in the 2nd half. Weeden didn't drop a perfect 4th down pass either (his slide sack was stupid, but only cost the team time). Then there was a 7 play drive.

Only 2 drives were 3 and out. The first with the penalties, and the other where he was sacked on 3rd down.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Im confused.. Are you blaming the coaches or Weeden?

The Coaches are clearly to blame for this loss yesterday.

RS12

Reaction score
Weeden is not capable of managing a game

Biggest problem with check down guys is the field is compressed for the defense. Makes it much harder to move the ball. He had the same problem even when Josh Gordon played.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Defense was out there so long because they couldn't get off the field themselves.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Fact is had someone told us before the game that Weeden working at QB would put up 28 points I seriously doubt anyone would expect this team to lose.

I don't think Garrett and company thought that they would score 28 points either. After the last touchdown they showed both he and Marinelli on the sidelines and they had the same "I can't believe this is happening" look on their faces as us fans did.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Outside of his 1 freakout he managed the game yesterday.

He's just not a playmaker.

He actually played a lot better than I thought he would. He's not going to win games in a shootout and I think that's what would have happened if Romo played.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Whatever the case may be.

We arent winning to many games with Brandon Weeden at QB. If thats all he can give us....then, its really not that much and we will be lucky to win 1 game with him starting.

we signed Cassell for a reason;. I hope he gets his chance sooner, rather then later.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Fact is had someone told us before the game that Weeden working at QB would put up 28 points I seriously doubt anyone would expect this team to lose.

Exactly...

If you think Weeden sucks then fine.. I might even agree with you. Yesterday though we got our moneys worth from him.

The defense is what got us beat.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly...

If you think Weeden sucks then fine.. I might even agree with you. Yesterday though we got our moneys worth from him.

The defense is what got us beat.

Yep. I think Freeman and the running game wore Dallas down 30 carries 141 with 3 TD. Dallas DL just could not stop him and while Dallas did a good job on Jones in the 1st half as Freeman continue to pound the Cowboys front it forced Dallas into bring guys up to help which in turn opened up the passing lanes for Jones as well as causing Dallas defense to sell out on run fakes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep. I think Freeman and the running game wore Dallas down 30 carries 141 with 3 TD. Dallas DL just could not stop him and while Dallas did a good job on Jones in the 1st half as Freeman continue to pound the Cowboys front it forced Dallas into bring guys up to help which in turn opened up the passing lanes for Jones as well as causing Dallas defense to sell out on run fakes.

Oh yeah for sure.. That run game killed us.

Freeman kept getting stronger as the game went on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh yeah for sure.. That run game killed us.

Freeman kept getting stronger as the game went on.

True, even as we brought up support Freeman was getting a lot of positive yards. Alt kept Ryan in great down and distance situation.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Weeden did not blow anything, defense has a responsibility. Alt was having to drive the field and it is the defensive job to actually make some stops and put the ball back into the hands of the offense.

Weeden needs to throw deep once in a while.... Heck we might even get PI call?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Both. He folded like a house of wet cards in second half. BOTH!

I think you have unrealistic expectations.

Blame our coaches.. Weeden did what a backup should do.

WE scored 28 points yesterday....

We did a stretch play over and over on first down and when the Falcons Tee'd off on it we made no adjustments.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think you have unrealistic expectations.

Blame our coaches.. Weeden did what a backup should do.

WE scored 28 points yesterday....

We did a stretch play over and over on first down and when the Falcons Tee'd off on it we made no adjustments.

I think it's unrealistic to blame just one unit. They are all connected throughout the game.

Weeden didn't do anything in second half.