Weeden is not capable of managing a game

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Weeden needs to throw deep once in a while.... Heck we might even get PI call?

I agree but that falls to Linehan, Weeden is not running the offense he goes to the sideline he talks with Linehan. I agree sometimes you take shot down the field just to let the defense know they can't just creep up and as you said you could get the PI and Weeden is capable of making the thrown down field. I will not blame Weeden for following the game plan.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree but that falls to Linehan, Weeden is not running the offense he goes to the sideline he talks with Linehan. I agree sometimes you take shot down the field just to let the defense know they can't just creep up and as you said you could get the PI and Weeden is capable of making the thrown down field. I will not blame Weeden for following the game plan.

Nice to see you on the right side of the argument.

Im shocked you're not blaming execution on the players.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nice to see you on the right side of the argument.

Im shocked you're not blaming execution on the players.

I like Linehan this 1 game does not change that. However yes I feel he did not do Weeden any favors by playing close to the vest as Alt started coming up. Weeden did execute 22 of 26 and he was not off the mark on his throws heck most were in stride, Beasley, TE and RB were not having to stop to make the catch Weeden was putting the ball on the mark. Mistake in my view was Dallas not trying to attack down the field once Alt started moving up to stop the short passes that was killing them in the 1st half

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like Linehan this 1 game does not change that. However yes I feel he did not do Weeden any favors by playing close to the vest as Alt started coming up. Weeden did execute 22 of 26 and he was not off the mark on his throws heck most were in stride, Beasley, TE and RB were not having to stop to make the catch Weeden was putting the ball on the mark. Mistake in my view was Dallas not trying to attack down the field once Alt started moving up to stop the short passes that was killing them in the 1st half

I like Linehan as well but all he has done is bring balance to Jason Garretts scheme.

It's still a middle school offense that is very arrogant at the highest level.

Our guys are just gonna line up and beat your guys and if that doesn't happen then it's the players fault and we won't adjust is our style Offense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Linehan as well but all he has done is bring balance to Jason Garretts scheme.

It's still a middle school offense that is very arrogant at the highest level.

Our guys are just gonna line up and beat your guys and if that doesn't happen then it's the players fault and we won't adjust is our style Offense.

and that is where we part ways. Dallas was a top 10 offense last season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And always will be with a QB like Romo..

Im not giving the coaches credit for lack of scheme because Romo is awesome.

That is your view, sorry I don't agree with you. Dallas is not going to run the WCO or some other brand of offense what they run has and will work. It is not just Romo but it is his vet experience and the coaches giving him more but then that is expected no matter what offense. There was a reason GB offense when Rodgers was down did not have a lot of success it had nothing to do with the offensive system it did have to do with putting less on the backup

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That is your view, sorry I don't agree with you. Dallas is not going to run the WCO or some other brand of offense what they run has and will work. It is not just Romo but it is his vet experience and the coaches giving him more but then that is expected no matter what offense. There was a reason GB offense when Rodgers was down did not have a lot of success it had nothing to do with the offensive system it did have to do with putting less on the backup

They can run their same offense. Just a bit of getting guys open with the coaches brains instead of Dez just being a beast or Romo running around for 5 seconds is what i'm asking for.

The scheme needs to offer something other than the simplicity aspect that any player can pick up quick.