Twitter: Weeden to visit Cowboys Monday

CashMan

Reaction score
I don't really think it matters who the backup is.. With Romo we 8-8 No playoffs.. With Romo getting hurt we 4-12... And we have a chance to draft our next Franchise QB... Pick your poison..

I think it matters, in Weedens case, if the backup is making the vet min or like $3mill. Now if Dallas drafted a guy to groom, then I think that would be the best case scenario.

DuDa

Reaction score
I don't see how it could be a bad thing to bring this guy into camp and see what he can do. It's not like they're going to give him a lucrative deal.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Here let's try this...
T. Boone Pickens & JJ
I have a sense the we are trying to mimic the OSU offense. IF NOT, Coach Gundy just might take a step up in cowboy coaching

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
My choice would be Sanchez, at least he's won playoff games and made it to the conference championship....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Colt McCoy is a way better option. Heck every free agent QB is better than the Weedenator.

If Harbaugh is not concerned about keeping him and actually traded for Gabbert, I don't think so.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
we love old back up Qb's for some reason. smh we will never develop a QB this way.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like this is just a little....I don't know, weird? Are we trading Orton? Just seing what Weeden has in case Romo gets hurt? Are we cutting Orton for Weeden to create salary cap space?

Good thoughts, all. I've honestly been mulling over the same thoughts. Perhaps Orton feels stuck here in a backup position when he'd much prefer to start if he plays at all. If that's the case, which I think is entirely possible, he might be a candidate for a trade.

chicago JK

Reaction score
No problem kicking the tires. Probably can't play but if you had a good draft grade on him and think there is something there, why not take a look? If he had shown potential there is no way you could get him cheap. Maybe sitting behind romo as a 2 or 3 for a few years, can turn him around.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
No problem kicking the tires. Probably can't play but if you had a good draft grade on him and think there is something there, why not take a look? If he had shown potential there is no way you could get him cheap. Maybe sitting behind romo as a 2 or 3 for a few years, can turn him around.

and then he will be 34 or 35. This is utterly pointless. The guy has shown ZERO in the NFL.