News: WEEI: Overrated Cowboys defense should be no match for Mac Jones, Patriots

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Love the bulletin board material.

Ok...if a member of the Pats said this, sure

But if we need a Pats media outlet to say this about a team we haven't beaten since 1996, then we're not as good as I thought

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be lucky to keep the loss at under double digits. Mac Jones is equal to or better than Dak Prescott, and the coaches shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. The Cowboys D is opportunistic, but don't expect much luck against a Belichick run offense. Bill all but shut down Tom Brady so it shouldn't be too tough here with Dak. Expect a relatively low scoring game with the Pats winning 21 or 24 to 10.

I'm assuming your comment is "tongue in cheek", but if not, if nothing else I admire your guts in making that call. And not to say, since the NFL is if anything the textbook definition of "On any Sunday", you could be entirely correct.

We'll know Sunday...

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
244979870_480281806300047_4416021488672193269_n.jpg

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The key to this game is the same as most games for the Cowboys this year, in that they have a top running game and a top passing game. Defenses nearly always pick one or the other to attempt to shut down (not that they can do it totally very often, mainly just slow it down) and just hope the other one doesn't "go off" on them.

Belichick is well known for having the defensive approach of taking away the other team's best part, which usually hamstrings the other team. In this case, if he attempts to shut down the passing game then the Cowboys tandem of running backs will do very well.

Having said that, I expect Bill to go to a high volume passing attack, attempt to get a couple of quick scores and force Dallas to pass a lot, then go after Dak with a blitz-heavy defense, hopefully have a couple of ints. We saw Dak make a poor attempt to throw over the d-lineman, resulting in an int, and there was at least one more int that was dropped. Can't depend on defensive players to drop ints that hit them right in the hands.

I look for a high scoring game. Since it's already Thursday, I'll jump start things and say Dallas 35, New England 24...