Week 3 game maps

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What is slingbox?

Slingbox is a TV streaming media device that allows local video for transmission over the internet to a remote device. This media box resides in my sister's house in South Texas, and I live in the DC area. Cowboy games are always televised in south texas, so I logon to the media box on my laptop, and the local cable feed appears in my laptop. I connect my laptop to my tv and can watch the game. The upside is a one time fee for the box, $120, and a $15 app for your phone. No app needed for the laptop. As for the quality, it is a function of the uplink speed where the box resides. It needs a 6Mbps for HD quality, otherwise it comes across as something better than standard def.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Slingbox is a TV streaming media device that allows local video for transmission over the internet to a remote device. This media box resides in my sister's house in South Texas, and I live in the DC area. Cowboy games are always televised in south texas, so I logon to the media box on my laptop, and the local cable feed appears in my laptop. I connect my laptop to my tv and can watch the game. The upside is a one time fee for the box, $120, and a $15 app for your phone. No app needed for the laptop. As for the quality, it is a function of the uplink speed where the box resides. It needs a 6Mbps for HD quality, otherwise it comes across as something better than standard def.

Thanks. So basically you need someone that can give you the proverbial "hook up" initially ... like your sister's house. I don't know anyone that has NFL Sunday Ticket. Sound like a good deal though.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I live in Illinois just over 2 hours away from St. Louis, so it makes since I get the Green Bay @ Detroit game.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks. So basically you need someone that can give you the proverbial "hook up" initially ... like your sister's house. I don't know anyone that has NFL Sunday Ticket. Sound like a good deal though.

It is a good deal. If you have friends of family in TX, the media box can live there, regardless if they have Ticket.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Green Bay at Detroit...

In Florida...

Couldn't of at least shown the Commander vs Eagles game, Fox?

My 2 guesses is that it is a rivalry game and that Tampa plays these teams later on the season. Maybe it is a way for Tampa residents to look at the two teams and find a reason to go to the game.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Online streaming again. This sucks, I want the Sunday ticket but my apartment complex want to charge $200 to install satellite, something have to give.

Call Directv and ask them if they will give you a $200.00 pre-paid Visa to cover the cost. ;)

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

- You either need someone with NFL Sunday Ticket or someone in the market that is willing to let you add a slingbox in their house.
- You are limitied to watching what they are watching. If they are watching the Eagles then you get to watch the Eagles. If they have another TV they can hookup the slingbox there and then you hope they remember to turn it on and put the game on for you so you can stream it.

IMO you are better off paying someone with NFL Sunday ticket to upgrade to Max so you can stream any of the games. That is what I'm doing for a friend.

illhurtya

Reaction score
I just paid for it. I hope it work better than the free sites.

I have NFL Sunday Ticket max which includes online streaming. I've had it for several years now and I must say the streaming this year seems much improved compared to years past.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:dance:

Doing the happy dance again this week.

Looking forward one week, most of the nation will get the Saints game IMO.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Good thing the Texans are playing away. I still get the Cowboys. W00t!

I just moved to houston so getting used to TV here. When I look at the guide I can't find cowboys though. Just the texans game on cbs. Fox says tbd for an hour then some sort of racing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The map says I'm getting the game but my TV guide says it's not on. ugh.