Week 4: What are your concerns with Washington...

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
...if there is any?? :laugh2:

:skins:

Division games worry me; no matter what the records.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
not much really, they run alot of slants on O, but that's ok as long as we tackle, and ultimately limit the deep passes

I think we can contain their rushing attack again

Rock Cartwright scares me on kickoff returns though, I don't truly trust that coverage unit yet

their D is pedestrian IMO

I think this should be another run-away game, but of course we'll make our share of stupid mistakes, and make the score look like the game was closer than it really is going to be

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ummm...... hmmmm.......

even if we win big it won't impress anyone???

they do not totally suck but in the nfce they are definitely in over their heads.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
That our team bus crashes en route to the stadium.

Thats about my only concern with this game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
First and foremost. They are divisional rivals. That alone can spell DOOM.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I have the same concern whenever we play in NFC East team. All the shoulds go out the window. All NFC East games are wars where either team could win.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Like I said last week, if we play like we should, there isn't another team that can compete with us right now.

We just went on the road, played a crummy game and blew out one of the best teams in the league.

If we play like we should, we will win easily.

thewireman

Reaction score
That the Commanders receivers will catch everything thrown there way no matter how impossible it normally is. They seem to be the best receivers when they play the Cowboys

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2279033 said:
I have the same concern whenever we play in NFC East team. All the shoulds go out the window. All NFC East games are wars where either team could win.

I disagree. Commanders aren't near us in any way shape or form and should be dominated and man handle accordingly

FCBarca

Reaction score
Rivalry games are always tough, right?...So, records and play go out the window...Both clubs will be 'up' for the game.

Last time they whupped Dallas in DC, they applied a lot of good pass pressure and picked our porous D apart...Even earlier last season at Texas Stadium, Skins did a good job of giving up very little on D.

Truth, the GB game will be a good litmus test for the Skins in terms of how to adjust to the D that will not give you the 'big play'...Garrett et al will have to adjust to the skins schemes.

On the other side of the ball, love to see pressure D improve to apply consistent pressure to Campbell...If he has a weakness, it's that he can get rattled

Should be a walk but are these games ever really?

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Adam is correct. We should have no worries in this game.

The only thing that can beat us this week is if we do not play our game. If we play like we are capable, the Commanders cannot beat us with their best possible performance. If we are off next week and the Commanders are on, we could lose.

The only matter of concern here is that divisional games--and especially Commanders games--sometimes result in us playing to the competition and are not as clean as they should be.

I expect a good game from the team. I think we should be able to pressure QCampbell and shut down Portis. Their little midget WRs might get a big play here or there, but we should be able to control them.

If we play like we can, then it should be a dominate performance.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2279034 said:
Like I said last week, if we play like we should, there isn't another team that can compete with us right now.

We just went on the road, played a crummy game and blew out one of the best teams in the league.

If we play like we should, we will win easily.

Exactly. This win was so much more impressive than the Eagles win the week before. That one had the feel of whoever had the ball last wins (although they did have the ball last and failed).

This one was just a beat down, despite not playing up to our level. The Packers had been waiting on this game and were playing with great confidence after two very convincing wins. They got to play us in their house after the Cowboys were coming off a short week after playing the best of our division rivals.

I think both the Packers and their fans know deep in their hearts that they cannot beat us under any circumstances and the difference between these two teams is even greater than the double-digit victory we were able to get.

Reaction score
I think some of the younger players will have to fight the urge to look past Washington even though they are a division rival...