Week 4: What are your concerns with Washington...

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I'm getting a kick out of some of the posts on the Commanders forum....

They pretty much think we are a bunch of dumb retards, and cowobys fans are pretty much clueless!

I will say not all of them have the same opinion, but it is widely the same feeling!!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Big D;2279242 said:
One poster there pretty much summed up my feelings on the game:

To me this is a trap game. I hope the boys aren't eating any cheese this week.

:starspin

How is it a trap game if you're playing a team that is 2-1 right now? It isn't like the Commanders are 0-3 and in a tailspin.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cooley coming out of the closet causing Hamlin and the boys refusal to tackle him. :cool:

That's about it, I think.

Big D

Reaction score
cobra;2279256 said:
Yay!

I was wondering when this BS was going to resurface.

The games where we play a playoff team, we should be afraid because of X, Y and Z.

The games where we play a team that isn't a playoff threat, we should be afraid because they are all "trap games."

In other words, we should be afraid every single week and never be excited about our team and expect them to win the game as we know they are capable of doing.

:bang2:

No. In other words, the team should not take any opponent lightly as the fans on their favorite forums sometimes do.
:starspin

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2279277 said:
They pretty much think we are a bunch of dumb retards, and cowobys fans are pretty much clueless!

I will say not all of them have the same opinion, but it is widely the same feeling!!

Who cares? Do any of them suit up and play on Sunday?

Exactly. It doesn't really matter what they think.

Big D

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2279282 said:
How is it a trap game if you're playing a team that is 2-1 right now? It isn't like the Commanders are 0-3 and in a tailspin.

What do 'eat the cheese' mean?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2279290 said:
Who cares? Do any of them suit up and play on Sunday?

Exactly. It doesn't really matter what they think.
We'd whoop them if it was a CowboysZone game vs ExtremeSkins ;) :D

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Big D;2279287 said:
No. In other words, the team should not take any opponent lightly as the fans on their favorite forums sometimes do.

You are making no allowance for confidence? That the team ought to go into the game confident in its own abilities and expecting that they should be able to win? Instead they should always be afraid that the opposing team is either better or a trap game? Hogwash. I'd like to punch whoever started this "trap game" BS. It completely devalued the benefit of self-confidence.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
1fisher;2279274 said:
Based on that statement, I assume you want me to change my opinion about the windmill.... Too bad...he still looks like a windmill....

I'd rather spend my time "watching/charting" kudzu grow! :D

I've been watching this team since the mid 70's and I'm fully aware of how this rivalry has gone back and forth. I've been fortunate enough to see them a few times in TX Stadium.

I could really care less if you change your opinion or not. However, it might be possible you really have an ill informed opinion since you would rather watch "kudzu grow". Carry on though.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
My only concern is getting to the bar early enough to get a good table...one right in the middle of all of the skins fans. Preferably one right next to the 'cop' table.

I'm going to enjoy this.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Big D;2279295 said:
What do 'eat the cheese' mean?

The cheese has been on the table all offseason, and through the early part of this season. Yet we went on to beat two good teams two weeks in a row. If you're saying that we can't get up to give a division rival our best, then I think you're incorrect.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
I am the one who relayed this thread to ES. I just figured the rivalry could use a little spice.
gasfire.gif

silver

Reaction score
the guys from the U: Moss and Portis.

I'm also concerned Cooley will flash our sideline. :eek:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
My only concern is that I'm running low on my fine post-game victory cigars, and I'll need to buy more before this game.

bigE79

Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;2279406 said:
I am the one who relayed this thread to ES. I just figured the rivalry could use a little spice.
gasfire.gif
i have a question for you...why do you refer to the Commander colors as burgundy&gold when it is clear to anyone with eyes that it is crimsom and yellow...now the saints have a true gold color but the skins resemble a mcdonalds...just wondering:starspin

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
bigE79;2279471 said:
i have a question for you...why do you refer to the Commander colors as burgundy&gold when it is clear to anyone with eyes that it is crimsom and yellow...now the saints have a true gold color but the skins resemble a mcdonalds...just wondering:starspin

Good question. I always thought it was more of a brick red but crimson is close. Our uniforms back in the '70's had more gold in it. I wish we could bring those back to be honest. I can't stand our white on white look.

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2278988 said:
not much really, they run alot of slants on O, but that's ok as long as we tackle, and ultimately limit the deep passes

I think we can contain their rushing attack again

Rock Cartwright scares me on kickoff returns though, I don't truly trust that coverage unit yet

their D is pedestrian IMO

I think this should be another run-away game, but of course we'll make our share of stupid mistakes, and make the score look like the game was closer than it really is going to be

Getting back Keith Davis helped us more than I thought he would, he was in on almost every special teams tackle, or he was right there ready to male the tackle

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to laugh...

All some arse-clown over at extremeskins can come up with it is, "We 4-2 against the Cowboys over the last 6 games."

Give me a break! Don't be throwing out wins/losses during the Bledsoe era--please!