Weird tales

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How Star Trek changed the way we say “data”

Do you typically say “day-ta” or “dah-ta?” It seems like it used to always be pronounced “dah-ta,” but more and more people are
starting to say “day-ta” instead. Could Star Trek be to blame for this pronunciation switch? Watch this video to see how this movie
had an impact on the way we say “data.”

I was pronouncing it 'dayta' long before TNG came out, as were most people I know.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I did just that I have some. George noory sucks all he likes is fortune tellers and dream interpretation the guy ruined coast.
AMEN.
his best shows are JFK and when Richard C. Hoagland is on.
they should have fired him and given the show back to Art or kept John C Wells,who was the best co-host on the weekends.I heard he was drawing higher numbers on the weekend and Noory got him axed.

I like Ground-Zero w/Clyde Lewis....has that ole feel of what coast2coast was like w/Art.

maxdogg

Reaction score
AMEN.
his best shows are JFK and when Richard C. Hoagland is on.
they should have fired him and given the show back to Art or kept John C Wells,who was the best co-host on the weekends.I heard he was drawing higher numbers on the weekend and Noory got him axed.

I like Ground-Zero w/Clyde Lewis....has that ole feel of what coast2coast was like w/Art.
I know art once said he would have been happy if they gave the show to George Knapp which I agree he is very good and usually has great guests but Noory is threatened by him and only lets him have like 2 sundays a month.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I know art once said he would have been happy if they gave the show to George Knapp which I agree he is very good and usually has great guests but Noory is threatened by him and only lets him have like 2 sundays a month.
you remember the night Art got a call from a pilot who said he was gonna fly into Area 51...Art tried to talk him out of it but kept him on the air and the guy started screaming about how he's about to be shot-down?
man that was great.

maxdogg

Reaction score
you remember the night Art got a call from a pilot who said he was gonna fly into Area 51...Art tried to talk him out of it but kept him on the air and the guy started screaming about how he's about to be shot-down?
man that was great.
Yeah that was great stuff !! Art was so good at what he did I whish he did not quit. I kinda am pissed at art for that but I know there were a lot of weird things that happened to him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Yeah that was great stuff !! Art was so good at what he did I whish he did not quit. I kinda am pissed at art for that but I know there were a lot of weird things that happened to him.
it all started when he took the "coast2coast listeners cruise" to egypt and laid down on that ancient crypt....after that his son got assaulted,was forced to quit,wife died.Really heart breaking stuff.
I was pissed too.....I remember the night Richard C Hoagland was on for the first time about the face on mars and then the structures on the moon.

maxdogg

Reaction score
it all started when he took the "coast2coast listeners cruise" to egypt and laid down on that ancient crypt....after that his son got assaulted,was forced to quit,wife died.Really heart breaking stuff.
I was pissed too.....I remember the night Richard C Hoagland was on for the first time about the face on mars and then the structures on the moon.
Me to man those Hoagland shows were great and the john lear shows also. I have on tape a show where art was interviewing Harley r byrd said to be the grandson of admiral byrd.
It was about the hollow earth theory. Harley said out of the blue people are trying to convince me i'm not his grandson and that i'm steven liebowitz jr? art was like well you do know who you are right?? It was so freaking funny and good lol.:laugh:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Me to man those Hoagland shows were great and the john lear shows also. I have on tape a show where art was interviewing Harley r byrd said to be the grandson of admiral byrd.
It was about the hollow earth theory. Harley said out of the blue people are trying to convince me i'm not his grandson and that i'm steven liebowitz jr? art was like well you do know who you are right?? It was so freaking funny and good lol.:laugh:
remember the hale-bopp shows?
and the night Art had a call from a hunter in Arkansas who said he killed a Bigfoot and buried it.He was scared if they did a dna test on it and it came back as related to human or human like,he would be prosecuted.Art said he gave him the location and supposedly,Linda Moulton Howe followed up on it.

maxdogg

Reaction score
remember the hale-bopp shows?
and the night Art had a call from a hunter in Arkansas who said he killed a Bigfoot and buried it.He was scared if they did a dna test on it and it came back as related to human or human like,he would be prosecuted.Art said he gave him the location and supposedly,Linda Moulton Howe followed up on it.
Yeah man I heard all that. Really fun shows the hale bop stuff went south lol.

cowboyec

Reaction score
How about the area 51 caller fake or real ?
I always think its real.

the one that gave me chills was the guy who called in.....frantic....in a panic....literally having a nervous breakdown....talking about aliens,roswell,the gov knows they are hear....he then said I dont have much time,they will triangulate my position.....the call goes out....weird static....and coast2coast got knocked off the air...Art said in all his years,that never happened.
I will NEVER forget that call.