Twitter: Welcome back La'el Collins

Nexx

Reaction score
yet you aren't a coach that's a played out narrative,,those players have positions they play and play better then breaking OL up that's been doing well minus few bad moments and make player play out of positions..

No thats not how it works..if theres injuries' sure but not healthy, NOPE

I never said I was the coach nor do I think I have any sort of influence on the lineup. Played out narrative by who? Maybe by terrible personnel people who are failing? I can agree with that. There is a reason why Larry Allen switched from right tackle to guard, back a tackle depending on personnel and occasionally playing left tackle. There is a reason why John Gesek moved from guard to center and back to guard when needed. There is reason why they converted Kevin Gogan from tackle to guard and he became a damn good guard. Should I go on?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I never said I was the coach nor do I think I have any sort of influence on the lineup. Played out narrative by who? Maybe by terrible personnel people who are failing? I can agree with that. There is a reason why Larry Allen switched from right tackle to guard, back a tackle depending on personnel and occasionally playing left tackle. There is a reason why John Gesek moved from guard to center and back to guard when needed. There is reason why they converted Kevin Gogan from tackle to guard and he became a damn good guard. Should I go on?

no but go ahead im saying the best 5 is the best 5 starters at their natural positions..sorry but this wont happen unless we have injuries..Cwill could have easily been replaced but he real backup G in McGovern should the DC think its time..

its wont be with Collins , should i go on? its not a guess, i know it wont happen..LC is and will be the starting RT because hes the best RT on the roster, got it..steele is RT2 ie swing tackle..only way steele gets the job back is if LC is not ready and struggles OR TS goes out LC goes to LT and Steele back at right..book it..

best five is the narrative i said is wrong because those you are movi8ng around would not be the best at the position you move him too he one of tjhe ebst OL sure but not better then those replaced because its not their position they were great at..

the coaches know whos the best 5 AT THEIR POSITION and they play them..

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Can Steele play LG or Center? Cuz, whew boy... some liabilities there

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I mean dude faced Suh, Vea, Joseph, Cox and Hargreaves in this weeks. Many would struggle
And the fact Biadasz hasn't even played a full season at center, he'll get better as the season goes on and another year in the weight room will certainly help.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
i beg to differ the same was said about Steele and Ty both wrong.. game 1 TB go back and watch he held up great..not concerned with the physicals but mentally like Zeke after that 6 game suspension seemed a bit our of focus still lettings that linger..

if hes not doing well i guarantee this staff will have a quick hook to reinsert Steele..

I did not think he played at the same level in the Tampa Bay game that he was playing at before his injury. That would be natural coming off surgery, especially to your lower body since you rely on it for movement skills.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I did not think he played at the same level in the Tampa Bay game that he was playing at before his injury. That would be natural coming off surgery, especially to your lower body since you rely on it for movement skills.
to me he looked normal played well got suspended..i mean game 1 doesnt matter oif he missed last year or not.,most players play themselves into game shape..

that all im worried about now hope he stayed in relatively good shape because Steele will be lurking :)

gimmesix

Reaction score
to me he looked normal played well got suspended..i mean game 1 doesnt matter oif he missed last year or not.,most players play themselves into game shape..

that all im worried about now hope he stayed in relatively good shape because Steele will be lurking :)

At least he gets to come back with two weeks before our next game. Of course, I don't know how many days off the players get for the bye.

conner01

Reaction score
At least he gets to come back with two weeks before our next game. Of course, I don't know how many days off the players get for the bye.
He’s been able to be at facility and workout, though not on the field.

Reaction score
Just keep drafting quality until you can replace him. In the mean time, he should compete, like everyone else. The loser will make a good swing tackle. They need to seriously consider putting McGovern at LG during the bye, though. I've lost all hope & patience with Williams.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Been awhile since he play at guard, but wasn’t Collins mediocre in pass blocking when he played LG? Why so many wanting to go back to that? If anyone takes over at LG it should be McGovern.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can Steele play LG or Center? Cuz, whew boy... some liabilities there

He's the ultimate RT......... vs Collins has played some LG ( also below )

College career[edit]
As a redshirt freshman, he played under future NFL head coach Kliff Kingsbury. He started the first 10 games at left tackle, before being moved to right tackle for the last 2 contests.[2] He blocked for future NFL quarterback Patrick Mahomes, while contributing to the team leading the nation in passing yards and total offense.[3] He was named to the All-Big 12 freshman team.[1]

As a sophomore, he started all 13 games at right tackle, contributing to the team ranking in the top 25 nationally in passing yards (9th), total offense (16th) and scoring (23rd).

As a junior, he started all 12 games at right tackle, contributing to the team ranking in the top 20 nationally in passing yards per game (3rd), total offense (12th), scoring (16th) and sacks allowed (6th).

As a senior, he was forced to miss the first 2 games due to a preseason injury, breaking his streak of 37 consecutive starts. He started 10 games at right tackle and was part of an offensive line that allowed 18 sacks during his senior season.[3] He finished his college career with 47 starts and received honorable-mention honors All-Big 12 following his junior and senior seasons for the Red Raiders.[4][1] At the end of the season, he participated in the 2020 Senior Bowl and the NFL Scouting Combine.[3][2]

College career[edit]
In his true freshman year in 2011, Collins played in seven games with no starts. In a total of 46 snaps on the offensive line, he posted five knockdown blocks and was recognized as a Freshman All-American by CBSSports.com after the season.[5] As a sophomore, Collins started all 13 games for LSU, replacing Will Blackwell at left guard, and led the team in both total snaps (836) and knockdowns (64.5). He was named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week after playing all 84 offensive snaps at #1 Alabama, helping the Tigers to compile 22 first downs, 139 yards rushing, and 296 passing against the nation's No. 1 defense.[6] Having played every offensive snap in LSU's last eleven games, Collins earned honorable mention All-SEC honors by the Associated Press.

In his junior season, Collins was moved to left tackle, filling the void left by Chris Faulk. Quickly adjusting to his new position, he earned SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors after playing all but one snap in a 37–27 over Texas Christian in the season-opener.[7] Collins went on to start twelve games at left tackle, only missing the Furman game in October.[8] Louisiana State's offense accounted for school-record 465.9 total yards per game, which included 200.8 rushing and 256.8 passing, and a school-record 37 rushing touchdowns.

Collins turned down an opportunity to enter the 2014 NFL Draft to return to LSU for his senior season.[9] He started all 13 games at left tackle, leading the team in both offensive snaps (843) and knockdowns (88). The Tigers offense rushed for an average of 224.5 yards a game, the most by the team since averaging 256.6 in 1997. After the season, Collins was awarded the Jacobs Blocking Trophy, given annually to the top offensive lineman in the SEC as voted on by the league’s coaches, as the first LSU Tiger to win since Ciron Black in 2009. Collins was also voted First-team All-SEC by the league's coaches and the Associated Press. Both USA Today and AP named him second team All-American.

CWR

Reaction score
He better play his tail off.

He's in genuine danger of being the zones next target.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He’s been able to be at facility and workout, though not on the field.

Fairly big difference between working out and playing. But at least he's been able to stay in shape.

Like I said, I think the extra time off could actually be good for him. Because players sometimes have a hard time fully bouncing back from a bad injury in a year's time.