Twitter: Welcome back La'el Collins

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
For people saying to put Collins at RG, he's lost weight this off season after hip surgery, so he probably doesn't have a suitable body for G either. Plus with Tyron banged up we need as many bodies as we can get at tackle. McGovern should suffice

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

A lot of people never get rid of first impressions even when faced with facts. Sadly, for a lot of people, they will always believe Biadasz gives up pressures.

Same with Anthony Brown on the Antonio Brown TD catch. Wasn’t Anthony Brown’s fault but he gets the blame from many.

blueblood70

Reaction score
At least he gets to come back with two weeks before our next game. Of course, I don't know how many days off the players get for the bye.
HIM zero im making this dude come in everyday no days off i believe hes had enough dude needs to get on the track and run 5 miles everyday for hurting his team..:muttley: no better way to accelerate game shape,.,hes 5 weeks behind and not known for coming inn ready to play after time off..hes gets his own private minicamp..:)):popcorn::dance:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
HIM zero im making this dude come in everyday no days off i believe hes had enough dude needs to get on the track and run 5 miles everyday for hurting his team..:muttley: no better way to accelerate game shape,.,hes 5 weeks behind and not known for coming inn ready to play after time off..hes gets his own private minicamp..:)):popcorn::dance:

I would think he'd be motivated based on how Steele played, but you never know with players.

gimmesix

Reaction score
A lot of people never get rid of first impressions even when faced with facts. Sadly, for a lot of people, they will always believe Biadasz gives up pressures.

Same with Anthony Brown on the Antonio Brown TD catch. Wasn’t Anthony Brown’s fault but he gets the blame from many.

Although he's clearly played better (not going against Vea and Hargrave has helped), I would not have thought he's only given up one pressure. Of course, I'd have to go back and look to see if the player Williams had to grab was because Biadasz blew his block.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Agree...

Connor Williams is light in the sack. A bull rush liability...

Connor Williams was PFF ranked 15th of NFL Gs last year.
He's currently ranked 12.

I'd say he is a liability when you want straight ahead power or anchor. Particularly relative to McGovern. It would probably make sense to swap him out for McGovern in short yardage. But there is a lot more to being a G than your straight ahead power.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I've been impressed with Steele, especially with his run blocking. His pass blocking is average, which is a huge improvement over being horrible last year. Wonder if they should look at Steele at guard.

Blocking TE in a jumbo package.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Connor Williams was PFF ranked 15th of NFL Gs last year.
He's currently ranked 12.

I'd say he is a liability when you want straight ahead power or anchor. Particularly relative to McGovern. It would probably make sense to swap him out for McGovern in short yardage. But there is a lot more to being a G than your straight ahead power.

Williams probably only has about five bad snaps per game at most, so it's understandable that he wouldn't be rated too poorly. The question remains, though, whether McGovern could do better than that. It only takes one holding call to derail a drive. And the bad plays for an offensive lineman always draw more attention than the good.