Well, a 2009 Draft need has been highlighted

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Safety (But, yes Hamlin is signed long term), ILB, NT, and O-Line depth should all be priority over a QB at this point.

Of course that is all speculation, honestly, until you see what this team does in FA. If we get a good, vet, young, backup at QB (Like Simms or someone of that nature) in FA then it would be silly to draft a QB anywhere before the 6th round in the draft.

Also the Safety thing, as far as how high it is drafted, depends a lot on Adam Jones, our young secondary, and Henry. Let's say that our young secondary continues to step up then it's quite possible that Henry could be moved to FS for a couple of years while we groom a guy at that position. This becomes even more likely if Adam Jones returns and is able to finally (And I am certainly not going to hold my breath on this) gets it through his thick skull and stops acting stupid cause our Corner depth would be very deep, and very young.

I think if there is a big time, impact, huge, NT sitting there for us to snatch up with our first pick that it's got to be an area that we seriously consider getting. This defense could use a huge NT in the middle and there are seriously no assurances that Tank will be brought back this offseason. Even if he does we need a big time mauler in the middle to rotate with him and then you could use Ratliff at DE, exclusively, and you could either resign Spears for depth or go into the draft later in the rounds and get that depth.

I think Chris Canty gets resigned so I don't think he'll be going anywhere and at this point I believe that Colombo will get resigned as well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2379961 said:
Safety is a much bigger need than a backup qb. Hamlin is only signed for this season and after him we have Brown, Watkins and Davis.

Henry moving to safety isn't going to help either. He can't stay healthy and he's too slow. Plus I'll be shocked if he comes back next year. I think he's done in Dallas.
We need to draft two safities. Roy38 and Hamlin could both be gone.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Why would the Cowboys spend a second rd pick on a guy who MIGHT only play if the Pro-Bowl QB gets hurt and there is no other veteran on the roster?

They would be better served going with one of these three:

Boller
Ramsey
Cassel

They could draft a QB in the later rounds.

They should be drafting OL's, and LB's early on.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I see OL as our primary need where this next draft is concerned. And only that! Our defense should be finished pieced together with FAs to infuse some leadership and known toughness into that unit. Rest of our offense is good aside from backup QB which I also believe should be some seasoned veteran. OL is where we need to concentrate. For starters AND for depth. I say we use 75% of our picks on OL, bring in a few FAs, toss them together with the guys we got and let them ALL battle it out.

We should be double stacking these beef-patties up front. Which in the end would benefit us in the area we need the most help- protecting the longevity of our two most prized possessions, Romo and Barber.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2380043 said:
Does this website have any reason as to why Crabtree isn't on the list if not it loses all credibility and Tebow as the #1 QB??? .......
Probably because he is a redshirt Sophomore and only Juniors and Seniors end up on these lists until someone declares hardship.

We may draft a QB in the late rounds, but I do expect us to make a trade for Romo's backup. We tried twice to get John Beck from Miami. I expect we will finish the deal this off season.

rangers71

Reaction score
Hostile;2380241 said:
Probably because he is a redshirt Sophomore and only Juniors and Seniors end up on these lists until someone declares hardship.

We may draft a QB in the late rounds, but I do expect us to make a trade for Romo's backup. We tried twice to get John Beck from Miami. I expect we will finish the deal this off season.

Yeah he is only a Sophomore.