We'll need a Center this year, No bones about it

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Sorry Cowpoke for the late response, but this is EXACTLY what I was looking for in my original message. I love the discussion but what you disclosed here is what I wanted to know. It is 100% pertinent to our situation. They are going to have to start looking into this.

Pretty sure TreeBeard notified the team before his tweet. However, I believe Looney will start the first few games; he knows the blocking schemes and OL calls. Whomever they sign will need time to catch up.

In Looney we trust. *Fingers Crossed*

stiletto

Reaction score
Pretty sure TreeBeard notified the team before his tweet. However, I believe Looney will start the first few games; he knows the blocking schemes and OL calls. Whomever they sign will need time to catch up.

In Looney we trust. *Fingers Crossed*

I really didn't hate what I saw in Looney in the first two pre-season games. that doesn't mean I won't hate as this goes a long. LOL

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It’s a safe bet the OL has peaked.

I don't think so at all.

The Pro Bowlers are just hitting their prime years. If we lose Frederick, that's something else, but we don't know yet.

Collins and Williams are should be improving for years to come.

I haven't heard much about Tyron's back this year. Hoping that no news is good news.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would probably do this trade:
Cowboys send Charles Tapper to Bears for Hroniss Grasu
The interior offensive line of Dallas has taken some serious hits of late. Zack Martin is out with a knee injury while Travis Frederick was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome. They desperately need depth help as the losses mount. The Bears have some to spare with Hroniss Grasu, their former 3rd round pick who has experience at center. In return, the Cowboys can afford to send over Charles Tapper, their former 4th rounder. Chicago is in desperate need of pass rush help and Tapper is unlikely to see much playing time on a suddenly crowded Dallas defensive line.
https://nflmocks.com/2018/08/25/2018-nfl-preseason-5-minor-trade-possibilities-before-final-cuts/

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We signed Looney to backup at C and G. He's an average player - look around the league though. You simply don't have great OL as backups anywhere

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Where is Phil Costa when you need him.........;)
That dude just chilled for like 5 years on the roster

Honestly, I'm not a typical doomsayer around here, but if we lose TF for the season, I am betting 8-8 or worse. Our O-Line was this teams crown jewel.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
How many footballs were snapped over Romo’s head with these clowns? Wow we have been spoiled
Center has usually historically been a worry-free position.

Mark Stepnoski, Ray Donaldson, Andre Gurode, Travis Frederick.

When we ignored it, disaster.

Clay Shiver, Phil Costa etc.

Outside of LT, it is the most important position on the OL.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
can you put a guy on IR for an I jury not related to football?
Good question.

Yes, the NFL does not force teams to keep players on the 53 that can't play.

It must be an issue that Doctors project to cause the player to miss half the season or more. Teams can't just stash a developmental player on IR due to a minor injury.

Blake

Reaction score
QykuDzR.jpg

Class clown. They're amusing to have around but are prone to getting their *** beat when bullets start flying.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We'll see. Williams and Martin can play C. It's easier to find an OG than a C.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Arent we going into Carolina the first game? That will NOT be easy. And Zeke is typically rusty his first game out after no preseason.
Zeke may not be the only one rusty. Dak normally would've had playing time in this game, but they're holding him out as well. Our guys are normally expected to play in this game, and now they have to go into that Carolina game ........you might almost say cold turkey.
Rusty. I really don't like it when they do that to our guys. They should play our guys for the 1st half.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Zeke may not be the only one rusty. Dak normally would've had playing time in this game, but they're holding him out as well. Our guys are normally expected to play in this game, and now they have to go into that Carolina game ........you might almost say cold turkey.
Rusty. I really don't like it when they do that to our guys. They should play our guys for the 1st half.

They get to play in practice although they aren't in pads now.