We'll need a Center this year, No bones about it

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Figured Cowboys fans would get my point.
What was that? Reciting information that was not based on fact? That Witten was a superhuman who played after getting his spleen removed?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Again, you are acting like Beard has a scratch that might heal by tomorrow and we don't know. I didn't need to google this. I am familiar with auto-immune disease because I too have one just a different one. Once diagnosed, it changes your life. Beard is going through a lot right now. This is not one of those things you can rub dirt on and get back in there. Sorry you do not understand but some do, especially those in the medical field or with AI issues themselves. Sometimes you have to go way down to get back up.... we'll see how it goes.
No I'm acting like he could never play again or he could play the first game of the season lol. I've said this several times. Most important thing is that the treatment continues to work for he and his family.

lukin2006

Reaction score
That's great and does make me optimistic for his return this season BUT each individual is different. It's obvious he has some issues going on. If he comes back this season at full capacity it will be amazing to me anyways....

Until the team rules him out I will not panic. I know in my case once my strength started to return my recovery was rapid.

stiletto

Reaction score
No way in hell he plays a down this year or maybe ever again

Auto-immune is tough.. I wouldn't go that far to say he is done but I DO agree it will be amazing if he plays this year.. If he rebounds and things are under control over the next 12 months, he could be himself for many years to come. The guy isn't that old and medicine is a lot better than even 5 years ago.

lukin2006

Reaction score
But you'll admit, it is no freaking joke what Beard is dealing with no?

It's no joke ... it's serious... My Dr. told me sometimes people are in recovery before they are diagnosed with it, I went for all kinds of different test before my diagnosis. The fact that he says his strength is returning and he feels much better should be real encouraging. If he makes a complete recovery then this is a better scenario that a back/neck injury ... I made a full and complete recovery with no lingering effects. I'm optimistic he recover ... he is getting medical treatment than I did guaranteed.

Alexander

Reaction score
Until the team rules him out I will not panic. I know in my case once my strength started to return my recovery was rapid.
The team is likely not going to rule him out.

Ticket sales would plummet. The best thing is the "week to week" prognosis.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The team is likely not going to rule him out.

Ticket sales would plummet. The best thing is the "week to week" prognosis.

Do not be shocked if he play this season ...

If they thought it was season ending I'm sure they'll be bringing in a veteran lineman ... they still may have to ... but I would think you'd want to get a guy in now to learn the system.

stiletto

Reaction score

If they thought it was season ending I'm sure they'll be bringing in a veteran lineman ... they still may have to ... but I would think you'd want to get a guy in now to learn the system.

They won't say his season is over until game 12.... then all the tickets that they wanted to be bought will be bought.

Alexander

Reaction score

Maybe he will.

This is not about dismissing hope. But if the team was smart, they would be reactive to this. And not by signing some undrafted free agent to just fill a slot.

Let's look down the road and just for this season.

If Looney ate that one excessive Twinkie and got a severe case of indigestion tomorrow, who steps in?

Jacob Ohnesorge from South Dakota State.

That is how prepared this organization is. They are on point and prepared for all contingencies, let me tell you.

stiletto

Reaction score
Maybe he will.

This is not about dismissing hope. But if the team was smart, they would be reactive to this. And not by signing some undrafted free agent to just fill a slot.

Let's look down the road and just for this season.

If Looney ate that one excessive Twinkie and got a severe case of indigestion tomorrow, who steps in?

Jacob Ohnesorge from South Dakota State.

That is how prepared this organization is. They are on point, let me tell you.

I know....

I would be reaching out to Mangold to see what kind of shape he is in. What do they have to lose? Not much in my opinion.