We'll rue the day for letting the Jets take Clemens

notherbob

Reaction score
I rue having posted this on another thread and I know I'll rue re-posting it on this thread, but here goes:
I once asked a girl to rue with me but she told me to go rue myself. :D :eek::

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
notherbob said:
I rue having posted this on another thread and I know I'll rue re-posting it on this thread, but here goes:
I once asked a girl to rue with me but she told me to go rue myself. :D :eek::

i guess you didn't rue her properly.

dwmyers

Reaction score
If we combine this thread with Emeril Lagasse, does this mean we get to roux the day when we passed on Clements?

the_h0wey

Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
Who the hell are we to pass up on a kid like this - a month after the draft and this still kills me...He's Ron Jaworski's top QB in the draft...not Leinart or Young - BUT Clemens...
But hey ...we got another tight end....with back problems ....Idiots. :bang2:

You can't be freaking serious... Do you honestly think that if this guy was worth anything that Ireland or Parcells would have let us pass on him? I mean come on

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Good to see the last couple pages of this thread were so well thought out and interesting. Well done guys :)

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
NEcowboy said:
not recently but there was a guy named Dan Fouts back in the day.

I moved from Portland about 1 year ago and portland fanatic is exactly right
he was a big reach in the second.

I go to U of O...I have a bias, and I think Clemdog went too early. He's good, but I'm not sure he's the type of QB Id turst to be a NFL starter.

Harrington had the tools, so did Smith, Im not nessecarily sure it was just that they went to Oregon. Smith was screwed just by going to Seattle. This is a game, especially at the QB position, where confidence is a huge part.

RESIN8

Reaction score
everytime i hear the phrase"rue the day" i think of this character.....
kent.gif

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RESIN8 said:
everytime i hear the phrase"rue the day" i think of this character.....
kent.gif
From the movie "Real Genius" that is Kent. That movie cracked me up. Val Kilmer's character was a hoot.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile said:
From the movie "Real Genius" that is Kent. That movie cracked me up. Val Kilmer's character was a hoot.

Kent: I'm gonna get you guys. Dr. Hathaway's gonna hear all about this. You know, you'll rue the day!

Chris: "Rue the day"? Who talks like that?

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Hostile said:
So what? We decided we wanted the extra pick offered.

Clemens was on our Draft Board for the 3rd round. He was gone by then. Life goes on. Root for Henson and/or Romo and/or Mroz.

Sometimes you should just admit you blew it and were wrong. You said "the only time we had a chance at Clemens was at 18". That was wrong.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
Who the hell are we to pass up on a kid like this - a month after the draft and this still kills me...He's Ron Jaworski's top QB in the draft...not Leinart or Young - BUT Clemens...
But hey ...we got another tight end....with back problems ....Idiots. :bang2:

Rue so silly

:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Awakened said:
Sometimes you should just admit you blew it and were wrong. You said "the only time we had a chance at Clemens was at 18". That was wrong.
Oh brother. You knew exactly what I was talking about, but if you want to grasp at straws go ahead.

I was wrong.

Feel better?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Awakened said:

and sometimes you fight so hard for a technicality to be right about, you miss the entire picture.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
iceberg said:
Kent: I'm gonna get you guys. Dr. Hathaway's gonna hear all about this. You know, you'll rue the day!

Chris: "Rue the day"? Who talks like that?

:laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
One of my favorite smart arse characters of all time :D

notherbob

Reaction score
iceberg said:
i guess you didn't rue her properly.

I didn't get to rue her at all, but I wanted to see someone new so I rued my left hand. Needless to say, this infuriated my steady, right hand, so a compromise was reached, We had a rue orgy - both hands.

I've not only rued the day, I've rued a few nights as well.
:p: :eek::