Well well well. Mayer still available

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I felt all along he looked like a 2nd round prospect. The lack of athleticism was a major red flag.

Glad to see he’s still available..

The cherry on top would be if the NFL take Laporta over him who probably has more upside.

So glad we passed on him. Even for a 2 down run stuffer that was a waste of a 1st rounder.
He looks like a mid second round pick

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lol…I’m fine with that if it makes you feel better. I appreciate your willingness to teach us common folk.

And I’m not looking for agreements. I don’t base my opinions on the acknowledgement of others…I’m a big boy. Frankly after reading many of the responses, I’m not sure people even understand my point. And for people who do, they likely don’t want to get involved which is totally understandable.

People get their heels dug in and read and hear what they want to hear. That’s fine…I’m not looking for likes.
I gave you a like!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
My apologies…maybe I’m a little defensive. You know how it can be when you feel like you aren’t being heard.
That's the other reason I despise when someone points out when someone else was wrong.

IMO, that needs to be ferreted out of this place or the discussion degrades to banter and nonsense.

It's wise to listen to others. Even if you do know more, someone else can always still teach you something. That's how we learn, a lot of times, when we're wrong. It's all good, in my mind. No shame in it, whatsoever. In fact, the opposite.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
My apologies…maybe I’m a little defensive. You know how it can be when you feel like you aren’t being heard.
And, no need to apologize to me. I was probably a little obtuse, or seemed obtuse about your point, and probably wasn't clear enough that I wasn't referring to you.

We actually agree here, so my apologies.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lions with LaPorta at 34…continue to throw the middle finger up to positional value.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lions with LaPorta at 34…continue to throw the middle finger up to positional value.
CATCH wants to celebrate that Mayer keeps sliding and LaPorta went off the board before him.................... but then he remembers it was the Lions who made the pick and they've made questionable picks last night too. LOL.

In reality a run on TEs wouldn't bother me here, pushing maybe an interior OL closer to us.

cnuball21

Reaction score
CATCH wants to celebrate that Mayer keeps sliding and LaPorta went off the board before him.................... but then he remembers it was the Lions who made the pick and they've made questionable picks last night too. LOL.

In reality a run on TEs wouldn't bother me here, pushing maybe an interior OL closer to us.
At this point I’m good with Mayer / Wash / Musgraves at 58.

If they’re gone someone else is sliding.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Gonna be quite the comparison between the two going back to back.
Yea - they are close prospects IMO. Mayer has the better tape but LaPorta is more athletic and didn’t get the target volume. Will be fun to talk about next year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yea - they are close prospects IMO. Mayer has the better tape but LaPorta is more athletic and didn’t get the target volume. Will be fun to talk about next year.
A former TE Dan Campbell wanted Laporta.. Very telling.

gtb1943

Reaction score
A former TE Dan Campbell wanted Laporta.. Very telling.
just like former QBs are so sharp at picking QBs themselves?

Irony of ironies you cried about Mayer being meh.

What did the cowboys pick in the end at TE?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
just like former QBs are so sharp at picking QBs themselves?

Irony of ironies you cried about Mayer being meh.

What did the cowboys pick in the end at TE?
The Cowboys drafted a better athlete and blocker than Mayer in Schoonmaker.

Almost makes you wonder if Dallas had Schoonmaker rated higher…