Wendy's Ghost Pepper Chicken Sandwich

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Read that Burger King is bringing back the Ghost Pepper Whopper for Friday the 13th.

I'll have to give that a taste!
I’ll definitely give those chicken fries a shot with some buffalo sauce but they ruined the whopper with a poppy seed bun.
According to the news release, the Ghost Pepper Whopper "features a flame-grilled beef patty, spicy queso, crispy-fried jalapeños, bacon, and ghost pepper cheese, served on a toasted black sesame seeded orange-colored bun (the color comes from paprika)." I remember it being a solid spicy burger. I'll try it again to see if changed and the chicken fries too. I do prefer French buns (brioche) myself. ;)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
According to the news release, the Ghost Pepper Whopper "features a flame-grilled beef patty, spicy queso, crispy-fried jalapeños, bacon, and ghost pepper cheese, served on a toasted black sesame seeded orange-colored bun (the color comes from paprika)." I remember it being a solid spicy burger. I'll try it again to see if changed and the chicken fries too. I do prefer French buns (brioche) myself. ;)
When you put it that way, it's clearly a Halloween gimmick.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
When you put it that way, it's clearly a Halloween gimmick.
Yeah, it was introduced last year in October. Burger King probably only used ghost pepper cheese because of the word ghost. But that Halloween gimmick resulted in a burger with genuine heat. :laugh:

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Just tried Wendy's "Loaded Nacho Cheeseburger" today. Almost went back in for a second one. I hope that's going to be a permanent sandwich.
Agreed, I tried that burger with their "Loaded Queso Fries" last month. The "spicy crispy corn and tortilla strips" added an unique crunchy texture to the burger. Definitely provides a remarkable bite. :thumbup:

Last edited: