Went back and watched the game Zeke was moving

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
It’s not that he’s bad, it’s just that we’ve seen the best of him so people will always be left wanting that.

It’s the contract that makes it an issue. He definitely has value and is a nice combo to what Pollard brings. Just not at his price point.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Keep that man fresh he was cutting and hitting the hole with force. Also, the dude is a goal line monster. Can’t believe anyone thinks he’s done. He still has it.

In two weeks, Zeke literally gained an extra gear.

Leads me to believe he was banged up.

Then he sits out two weeks. His biceps look more ripped and he looks a hell of a lot faster.

I'm guessing he did a crash-course peanut butter diet.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
In two weeks, Zeke literally gained an extra gear.

Leads me to believe he was banged up.

Then he sits out two weeks. His biceps look more ripped and he looks a hell of a lot faster.

I'm guessing he did a crash-course peanut butter diet.

It's funny you mention it because I thought he looked noticeably slimmer against the Vikings.. Then he looked like a young pup in and out of cuts against the Giants.. I think he did lost a little weight during the down time. Two weeks with Britt Brown will definitely slim a fella down.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Keep that man fresh he was cutting and hitting the hole with force. Also, the dude is a goal line monster. Can’t believe anyone thinks he’s done. He still has it.
He was running great, and does have that nose for the end zone- always did.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He was running great, and does have that nose for the end zone- always did.

One thing that always interests me when looking at numbers on Zeke is the broken tackle count. I swear the people that run the stats site hate him too because they never give him credit for any. He broke two tackles on his TD run and had another long run where he was met at the point of attack but spun off for a nice gain.. And then there was one where he gave the defender a leg on a B-gap run and then took it away for a 10+ yard run. By my count he should have been credited with at least 4 broken tackles in that game.. Whaddaya bet they only give him like one or two?

lukemartin79

Reaction score
One thing that always interests me when looking at numbers on Zeke is the broken tackle count. I swear the people that run the stats site hate him too because they never give him credit for any. He broke two tackles on his TD run and had another long run where he was met at the point of attack but spun off for a nice gain.. And then there was one where he gave the defender a leg on a B-gap run and then took it away for a 10+ yard run. By my count he should have been credited with at least 4 broken tackles in that game.. Whaddaya bet they only give him like one or two?
Wont bet anything, lol, you will be absolutely right. No idea why they don't give him his due. He's no Marion the Barbarian, RIP - but I would hate to have to tackle him. He runs hard.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I never doubted him. He’s still elite. He’s still fast even if not as fast as 2016

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Zeke has no burst at all. There was more than 1 run where he broke free but he has no second gear anymore. He had good gains on those plays but it could have been way more.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Wont bet anything, lol, you will be absolutely right. No idea why they don't give him his due. He's no Marion the Barbarian, RIP - but I would hate to have to tackle him. He runs hard.

I looked it up.. They gave him one.. ONE!?!? Who watched that man bust through on so many runs and came away thinking he only broke one tackle in that game? I think the "official statistician" must have a daughter that Zeke banged and dumped somewhere along the way.. Wait.. can I say stuff like that anymore?

When I was looking that up I ran across some numbers that definitely should help fans appreciate Zeke a little more.

TP has 7 carries on goal to go from the 10 yard line or less. He has gained 12 yards and scored 2 TDs. That's certainly a respectable conversation percentage. Zeke has 10 carries in that same situation.. He has gained 16 yards and scored SIX TDs. As in he finds paydirt 60% of the time in those situations. Which makes you wonder aloud why the hell we throw it down there as much as we do.

I also found that Zeke has converted 15 of 18 3rd down and 3 or less situations as well. Better than an 83% success rate. When I look at stuff like this it boggles the mind that people act like any chump off the street can do what he does.. This kid continues to be a great football player for us. I'm so glad we have him.

For reference:

Saquon Barkley's success rate on third and short is 2 out of 6 (33.33%) and from 10 and in is 17 carries and 6 TDs.
Derrick Henry's success rate on third and short is 9 of 11 (81.8%) and from 10 and in is 12 carries for 17 yards and 8 TDs.
Nick Chubb's success rate on third and short is 4 of 6 (66.66%) and from 10 and in 15 carries for 25 yards and 6 TDs.
Jonathan Taylor's success rate on third and short is 8 of 14 (75.1%) and from 10 and in 13 carries for 13 yards and 2 TDs.

Zeke is better in these critical situations than all of these guys yet every day I read how there is nothing special about what Zeke does. Henry is the only one even close. Yet people continue to claim that you can find some dude working at Home Depot to replace Zeke. If it wasn't so stupid it would be funny.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I looked it up.. They gave him one.. ONE!?!? Who watched that man bust through on so many runs and came away thinking he only broke one tackle in that game? I think the "official statistician" must have a daughter that Zeke banged and dumped somewhere along the way.. Wait.. can I say stuff like that anymore?

When I was looking that up I ran across some numbers that definitely should help fans appreciate Zeke a little more.

TP has 7 carries on goal to go from the 10 yard line or less. He has gained 12 yards and scored 2 TDs. That's certainly a respectable conversation percentage. Zeke has 10 carries in that same situation.. He has gained 16 yards and scored SIX TDs. As in he finds paydirt 60% of the time in those situations. Which makes you wonder aloud why the hell we throw it down there as much as we do.

I also found that Zeke has converted 15 of 18 3rd down and 3 or less situations as well. Better than an 83% success rate. When I look at stuff like this it boggles the mind that people act like any chump off the street can do what he does.. This kid continues to be a great football player for us. I'm so glad we have him.

For reference:

Saquon Barkley's success rate on third and short is 2 out of 6 (33.33%) and from 10 and in is 17 carries and 6 TDs.
Derrick Henry's success rate on third and short is 9 of 11 (81.8%) and from 10 and in is 12 carries for 17 yards and 8 TDs.
Nick Chubb's success rate on third and short is 4 of 6 (66.66%) and from 10 and in 15 carries for 25 yards and 6 TDs.
Jonathan Taylor's success rate on third and short is 8 of 14 (75.1%) and from 10 and in 13 carries for 13 yards and 2 TDs.

Zeke is better in these critical situations than all of these guys yet every day I read how there is nothing special about what Zeke does. Henry is the only one even close. Yet people continue to claim that you can find some dude working at Home Depot to replace Zeke. If it wasn't so stupid it would be funny.
Wow, that is pathetic. You did call it. Like you said, on his TD run alone he broke more than one. Nice job pointing that out, had no idea thats been happening. Yeah, he must have wronged that guy in the past somehow to get that kind of treatment, lol.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
agreed, if it’s 4th and 1 in the nfc championship game and we need a yard, who we giving it to?

Zeke played a good game. But that 4 and short yardage play up the middle has been a complete failure. I can't remember when it actually worked. Moore needs to start getting creative rather than punching it up the middle with Zeke on 4th downs.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Zeke played a good game. But that 4 and short yardage play up the middle has been a complete failure. I can't remember when it actually worked. Moore needs to start getting creative rather than punching it up the middle with Zeke on 4th downs.
Or if you have already decided to go for it on 4th down beforehand- run the damn ball on 3rd down. He threw it on 3rd and short.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Wow, that is pathetic. You did call it. Like you said, on his TD run alone he broke more than one. Nice job pointing that out, had no idea thats been happening. Yeah, he must have wronged that guy in the past somehow to get that kind of treatment, lol.

This wasn't even the worst game they have done that to him this season. In the Eagles game I counted him for 7 broken tackles. Two of them were absolutely undeniable because on one a backer met him in the hole and Zeke ran right through and on the other Peters pulled but missed his man who grabbed Zeke with BOTH ARMS but Zeke spun out of it and turned it into like 8-9 yard run. Sure enough when I looked up the numbers after that game they had credited Zeke with one broken tackle. I mean I get that some of them were just a guy reaching out an arm and him blowing through it but I have seen them credit other guys for those. Chubb had a 72 yarder a couple of years back where nobody touched him until a safety reached out and MAYBE got a finger on him and they called it a broken tackle and gave him like 60 "yards after contact" on it. The anti-Cowboys bias runs deep and apparently the anti-Zeke bias runs even deeper.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Maybe the reason you can't recall the last time it actually worked is because that play against the Giants was the first time all season that the Cowboys have handed it to Zeke on 4th down. It was poorly blocked and the Giants whipped Smith and McGovern on it. Moore outsmarted himself not going behind Martin and Steele, obviously thinking "that's what the Giants will be looking for." He was right.. but he should have gone behind Zack and Steel anyway.. If you're going to go down, go down with your best.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
This wasn't even the worst game they have done that to him this season. In the Eagles game I counted him for 7 broken tackles. Two of them were absolutely undeniable because on one a backer met him in the hole and Zeke ran right through and on the other Peters pulled but missed his man who grabbed Zeke with BOTH ARMS but Zeke spun out of it and turned it into like 8-9 yard run. Sure enough when I looked up the numbers after that game they had credited Zeke with one broken tackle. I mean I get that some of them were just a guy reaching out an arm and him blowing through it but I have seen them credit other guys for those. Chubb had a 72 yarder a couple of years back where nobody touched him until a safety reached out and MAYBE got a finger on him and they called it a broken tackle and gave him like 60 "yards after contact" on it. The anti-Cowboys bias runs deep and apparently the anti-Zeke bias runs even deeper.
I will start paying attention to that now, thanks. I agree, so many hate the Boys. What I don't get is on this forum the hate for Zeke. He's been a great Cowboy. They can't say he's not tough, plays through injuries. Has won the rushing title twice and is even a great blocker and has saved Dak so many times from getting pounded. Blocking isn't padding stats and its a team first unselfish play. I guess its just the contract that he gets all the hate for because it can't be his play. I don't have to pay him, so I just enjoy the player he has been and still is. He's special and always has been. I too am glad he's a Cowboy and hope he is for his whole career.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Maybe the reason you can't recall the last time it actually worked is because that play against the Giants was the first time all season that the Cowboys have handed it to Zeke on 4th down. It was poorly blocked and the Giants whipped Smith and McGovern on it. Moore outsmarted himself not going behind Martin and Steele, obviously thinking "that's what the Giants will be looking for." He was right.. but he should have gone behind Zack and Steel anyway.. If you're going to go down, go down with your best.

It might have been the 1st time this year. However, I still recall many times last year that play has been stuffed. Especially at Denver. Which we got stuffed twiced with Zeke.

Frankly, that was a dumb call by McCarthy. It gave the Giants a short field and took the wind out of our offense up until the 2nd half.